I didn't see a thread on this yet, so lets start one. Ya'll ready for this movie? I know I am. You can see the trailer here. Iron Man was always one of my favorite super heroes as a kid, I always thought he looked so cool. Tony Stark definitely has one of the best superhero costumes

It'd be cool if they made a reference to War Machine so they could have a War Machine spin off

I've mentioned this movie in other threads. I can't WAIT to see this movie! The trailer looks awesome and Robert Downey, Jr. playing Tony Stark is brilliant casting. Iron Man has always been one of my top 5 comic book characters. I've had a subscription to the comic book for about 30 years now.

looks good, but IDK if I am gonna rush out to see it

I am. This movie and The Dark Knight are the only two movies that I want to see in the theaters this year.

Star Trek was going to be the third, but that ain't happening until next year.

<_< Which still angers me.

The new trailer looks great but is has one disturbing part, HE CRUSHED THE COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! <_< :clap: otherwise it looks like a great movie.

Edited by statstarter

The new trailer looks great but is has one disturbing part, HE CRUSHED THE COBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!! <_< :clap: otherwise it looks like a great movie.

Was that a Cobra? I only saw it for a second and thought it was a Viper. THAT would have been a real tragedy..... :clap:

Edited by Kor37

Batman Begins and the X-Men movies and V for Vendetta (although that was more of a graphic novel than a straight-up comic book) were the only comic book-to-movie adaptations I thought lived up to the hype. Spider Man did well but I was never a big Spider Man fan.

I also can't see Robert Downey Jr. as a super hero. He was in Weird Science and Back to School for pete's sake.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Batman Begins and the X-Men movies and V for Vendetta (although that was more of a graphic novel than a straight-up comic book) were the only comic book-to-movie adaptations I thought lived up to the hype. Spider Man did well but I was never a big Spider Man fan.

I also can't see Robert Downey Jr. as a super hero. He was in Weird Science and Back to School for pete's sake.

You know Batman begins was a good adaptation of the comic, but then again DC has put out better movies since that nightmare called Batman & Robin

I saw the trailer during the Super Bowl and it looks like it'll be really good. When does it come out, May?

May 2, 2008 and I can't wait!... :laugh:

I saw the trailer during the Super Bowl and it looks like it'll be really good. When does it come out, May?

May 2, 2008 and I can't wait!... :laugh:

That's not too far off. I'll have to go see it.

thats cool, but IDK much about Iron man, I never rad an Iron Man comic

Maybe if you see the movie, you'll start!......

I never got into this comic but I might give the film a chance IF there is a logical explanation for how fueling his rocket system works.

Obviously he does not have room in the suit for a lot of fuel so I ask; does that limit the time he can fly, is it some 'miracle' fuel source, or do we just suspend our disbelief about that point like is expected with the Hulks miracle elastic pants?

I never got into this comic but I might give the film a chance IF there is a logical explanation for how fueling his rocket system works.

Obviously he does not have room in the suit for a lot of fuel so I ask; does that limit the time he can fly, is it some 'miracle' fuel source, or do we just suspend our disbelief about that point like is expected with the Hulks miracle elastic pants?

:lol: ....thats a pretty good question. I'm not sure its ever been answered. I'm going to go with "miracle fuel source"....... :lol:

After seeing the reviews for Ironman on "Ebert & Roeper" I've decided it's probably a good enough story/film to see if even if there is a bit of illogic to how the suit works.

After seeing the reviews for Ironman on "Ebert & Roeper" I've decided it's probably a good enough story/film to see if even if there is a bit of illogic to how the suit works.

I have seen it on a dvd screener and its worth paying to go see and i dont say that very often coz i download everything,the story is IMO the best of all the comic book to film cross overs,the suit does leave one wondering how it works but put that to one side sit back and enjoy!!.. this film gets a 8/10 from me :)

NOW ITS MY TURN :)

Iron Man starts here on Friday but I'm going to wait until my son comes home the week after next so we can see it together.

Eric and I saw this movie last week and it was great! That teaser after the credits was interesting. It looks like they will be making an Avengers movie based on the "Ultimates" universe instead of the regular Marvel universe. That could be interesting. I wonder which Avengers they will choose? I really doubt that they will use the original Avengers as depicted in the comics. That would be really tough to put on the screen.

the Avengers, featuring Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and The Incredible Hulk, will hit theaters sometime in July 2011. Zak Penn (X2, X-Men: The Last Stand, The Incredible Hulk) is handling the script which will most likely involve a major threat to Earth that will cause an unlikely team of super heroes to unite and save the day. An Avengers movie has been talked about for many many years now, much to the frustration of fans like me, but it looks like soon it will be a reality. And with Marvel Studios’ movies so far looking like they’ve borrowed some great ideas from the Ultimate Marvel Universe (like using Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury in Iron Man and dropping Bruce Banner out of a helicopter to make him transform into the Hulk in The Incredible Hulk), The Avengers could gain the title of GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE EVER.
Edited by The Kryptonian

From what I've read, they will first be making a movie called "The First Avenger" with Captain America. Then they will do the Avengers movie. The Hulk is a weird choice, though. The Hulk we see in the movies doesn't talk. The early version of the Hulk in the Avengers comics was the gray skinned wise-cracking Hulk and he was only in the first few Avengers comics before he left. I hope they get Robert Downey Jr. to be Iron Man in the Avengers movie. His performance made the Iron Man movie.