Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

1st Look At The Enterprise!

Is it December yet?

You do know the movie has been delayed until May 2009, right?

anybody have the link to watch the videos of it

The only video with the new Enterprise is the teaser trailer, which can be seen at:

www.startrekmovie.com

Has anyone seen this...

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT official in any way. Gabe Koerner created this interpretation of what he saw in the teaser and/or read on MBs. It is NOT official!

I only post this here for the sake of something to talk about while we wait for the film.

Personally, I don't like bulbous nacelles. (Again: it is only artwork, it is NOT an official picture!)

enterprise_orbit_1080.jpg

Someone somewhere said of the trailer that one particular view is of a nacelle around the intercoolers looking forward, (an opinion I do not share, I think the view in question is from the top of the main hull looking aft) leading to the idea they were HUGH! That is why they look so big in this interpretation, the artist agreed with the the above.

I don't like the nacelles either. They look too much like the movie Enterprise nacelles with the addition of the giant bulbs.

Edited by Kor37

Yeah, it's out of balance; back heavy. He should have at least beefed up the rest to compensate.

Here is the frame which lead to those Hugh nacelles.

What do you think, is that the top of a nacelle near intercoolers looking forward or is it the top of the main hull looking towards the rear with the nacelle supports on either side?

I think its this:

the top of the main hull looking towards the rear with the nacelle supports on either side.

I believe the general consensus (that I have read on other boards) is that the shot in question is on top of a nacelle.

After seeing that pic of the enterprise flying it looks to heavy and not like the NCC 1701 that we all love. So getting less excited about this movie and going to the side of there killing it

if it starts not to have the same feel first contact and the other movies did, im walking out and demanding my money back because we all know how bad of a flop nemesis...

Don't forget....this is a TOS movie......they don't normally flop as TNG movies do....... :superhappy:

Don't forget the curse of the odd numbered TOS movies, any with an odd number did not do as well as the even numbered ones. No matter how you count it this is an odd numbered movie, it's either Star Trek XI or the 7th TOS movie if you count this as TOS.

We are probably making this a TOS movie but not all the odd movies were flops Star Trek III was a good movie and Generation which was the seventh movie was not all bad. It was the ones after First Contact that was bad

After seeing that pic of the enterprise flying it looks to heavy and not like the NCC 1701 that we all love. So getting less excited about this movie and going to the side of there killing it

That pic of the Enterprise flying is not at all related to the new movie and is therefore irrelevant to the quality of the new movie. No reason for it to kill your excitement.

That pic of the Enterprise flying is not at all related to the new movie and is therefore irrelevant to the quality of the new movie. No reason for it to kill your excitement.

Correct Jack. I stressed the fact that pic was not official 3 times in the post.

well i a way from what i've read in the plot, it's part TNG and part TOS....but i kinda figured the curse had to do with Shanter's attempt to direct....like how Frakes directed Insurrection and Nemesis lol

well i a way from what i've read in the plot, it's part TNG and part TOS....but i kinda figured the curse had to do with Shanter's attempt to direct....like how Frakes directed Insurrection and Nemesis lol

Frakes directed First Contact and Insurrection. He did not direct Nemesis.

What in the world are you talking about?..... :superhappy:

The only aspect that could remotely considered part of TNG is Spock going back in time. HOWEVER, that's just a guess by some film people, and could be completely wrong.

I hope they are wrong, I hope we get a few minutes and allot of updated information about what's been going on in TNG era since NEM before Spock departs.

Click for Spoiler:
I doubt we'll get a whole lot. This movie is designed to appeal to a much broader audience and giving a lot of information on the post NEM area would be contrary to that goal. I imagine we may get a couple of lines of exposition explaining the current situation of the Romulan Star Empire post NEM, which I believe would be pretty similar to what I've read about in a couple of novels (i.e. political upheaval due to the consecutive falling of two governments) and then we'll have Nero's plan to restore them to glory by changing history.

I doubt we'll get a whole lot. This movie is designed to appeal to a much broader audience and giving a lot of information on the post NEM area would be contrary to that goal.

Click for Spoiler:

I imagine we may get a couple of lines of exposition explaining the current situation of the Romulan Star Empire post NEM, which I believe would be pretty similar to what I've read about in a couple of novels (i.e. political upheaval due to the consecutive falling of two governments) and then we'll have Nero's plan to restore them to glory by changing history.

Just a guess.

I can't believe that we have to wait another year for this movie. What happended to Christmas 2008? Now they have tacked on another eight months: another eight months to make more £££ and $$$ no doubt.

Screwed over with petrol (gas), screwed over with food prices, now being screwed over by Star Trek!

I can't believe that we have to wait another year for this movie. What happended to Christmas 2008? Now they have tacked on another eight months: another eight months to make more £££ and $$$ no doubt.

Screwed over with petrol (gas), screwed over with food prices, now being screwed over by Star Trek!

It's been months since the announcement of the postponement. Another way to look at it, they have more time to refine everything, and do reshoots, as well as more detail on the effects. Also, summertime means more money, more money means more confidence the studio has in Trek, and more confidence means the possibility of still more Trek.

Has anyone seen this...

This is NOT, I repeat, NOT official in any way. Gabe Koerner created this interpretation of what he saw in the teaser and/or read on MBs. It is NOT official!

I only post this here for the sake of something to talk about while we wait for the film.

Personally, I don't like bulbous nacelles. (Again: it is only artwork, it is NOT an official picture!)

post-2-1212008020_thumb.jpg

Someone somewhere said of the trailer that one particular view is of a nacelle around the intercoolers looking forward, (an opinion I do not share, I think the view in question is from the top of the main hull looking aft) leading to the idea they were HUGH! That is why they look so big in this interpretation, the artist agreed with the the above.

Regardless of how ridiculous that ship may appear in comparison with canon, and how false I believe it to be, you still have to give the artist credit...it's a pretty d*mn impressive mock-up. :blink: Edited by Eratosthenes

Actually, they only added another 4 and half months. The movie is released in 8 months.

Has anyone seen this...

enterprise_orbit_1080.jpg

Regardless of how ridiculous that ship may appear in comparison with canon, and how false I believe it to be, you still have to give the artist credit...it's a pretty d*mn impressive mock-up. :blink:

I agree. I could totally deal with it looking like this, minus the bulbous nacelles.

post-2-1212008020_thumb.jpg

Prom, I didn't like the change either but it does say something about the studios confidence in the product.