Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

1st Look At The Enterprise!

http://www.aolcdn.com/aolmovies/star-trek-...enterprise-full

Moviefone is pleased to boldly go where no website has gone before, providing you with an exclusive sneak peek of the all-new U.S.S. Enterprise. This is the first photo released from the eagerly anticipated 'Star Trek' film, directed by J.J. Abrams and due in theaters this December.

:) :) :)

I am SO happy that from what we see here, it looks like the ship we know and love. I was really worried that they would change the appearance of it.

Something to bear in mind.....

This may or may not be the Enterprise that we end up seeing in the movie.

After all, it is called a "TEASER".

The original TOS Enterprise always looked very white and smooth compared to the subsequent refit movie Enterprise and other subsequent versions, including the prequal NX version. These were all very grey with deck plating lines visible etc. Giving one the impression that these ships were constructed by man, out of sheets of metal etc.

This new version would seem to follow that pattern. It is almost a 'first version' of the original Enterprise, which fits the lineage started by the NX. The Enterprise was presumably then re-fitted just prior to "The Cage" to look as it did during TOS and then, as we know as canon, it was re-fitted again to create the movie era look. Three re-fits perhaps?

I like it. They couldn't have used the TOS Enterprise in this movie exactly as it looked in the series. Even in the remastered TOS DVDs it looks a lot better than it did in the 60s (ie three loo roll tubes and an empty box of Dairy-lea on strings). However, it doesn't look 'real'. This new version does.

Well, the pic we saw of the Enterprise clearly shows it under cvonstruction. I would imagine a paint job is one of the last things done to the ship.

Well, the pic we saw of the Enterprise clearly shows it under cvonstruction. I would imagine a paint job is one of the last things done to the ship.

I have seen another clip of it flying and it looks more a cross between the Nx and the TOS one

I have seen another clip of it flying and it looks more a cross between the Nx and the TOS one

I don't believe that clip of it flying is actually in the movie. I think it was some experimental thingy.

It's due out Christmas 2008. Who knows, maybe the Enterprise will be painted white, then they realize how much of waste it is. They did paint the shuttle Columbia's external fuel tank white the maiden flight, then they gave it up.

It looked sweet. Now I am more excited to see another Star Trek in theaters. The last one I saw was First Contact. The Enterprise is true to the original, I am glad they kept it like that.

if it starts not to have the same feel first contact and the other movies did, im walking out and demanding my money back because we all know how bad of a flop nemesis...

if it starts not to have the same feel first contact and the other movies did, im walking out and demanding my money back because we all know how bad of a flop nemesis...

Don't forget....this is a TOS movie......they don't normally flop as TNG movies do....... :yahoo:

I heard that what we see in the teaser is meant only to create speculation and discussion... which usually translates into hype.

Roddenberry always said that the Enterprise is like a member of the crew with "her" own personality and so forth. Lets hope that that comes across in the movie...

Don't forget....this is a TOS movie......they don't normally flop as TNG movies do....... :P

didn't the fifth TOS movie somewhat flopped? or am i thinking of another movie?

Don't forget....this is a TOS movie......they don't normally flop as TNG movies do....... :P

didn't the fifth TOS movie somewhat flopped? or am i thinking of another movie?

Although the fifth movie was pretty bad, it made good money at the box office.

If the Enterprise is kept close to the way we all know and love, that will go a long way towards the success of the movie. After all, she is one of the main characters...

Although the fifth movie was pretty bad, it made good money at the box office.

Which still blows me away to this very day. :jem'hadar:

The one thing I liked about Star Trek V was the bridge. It was a hybrid of TOS shape and TNG colours and materials. I loved the brown shaggy carpet going up the walls and round the consoles and the backlit Okudograms! Nick Meyer reighned it all in in Star Trek VI with chrome deck plating, toggle switches and paper print outs ... party pooper :wow: