Sign in to follow this  
Kor37

Knight Rider Returns To Screen

Knight Rider returns to the screen

1 day ago

Hit 80s show Knight Rider is making a comeback.

Stars from the new two-hour special stepped out at the NBC lot in Burbank, California, to show off a new Kitt - the Mustang Shelby.

Gone is the Pontiac Trans Am which played the faithful sidekick of David Hasselhoff, to be replaced by the sleek, suped-up Ford.

The Hoff has also been swapped for a new model, former soap star Justin Bruening who told journalists: "I am like a 10 year old right now, every time I turn the car on I just start grinning ear to ear because it sounds cool, I feel like a little kid who bought his own candy store and just gets to play around in it."

David Hasselhoff does make a brief guest appearance on the show and was on hand to advise his young replacement on working with Kitt. Justin revealed: "We talked a lot about the relationship with the car, he was saying that definitely you've got to call the car buddy and eventually it's your best friend in the end."

Actress Sydney Tamiia Poitier is also among the new cast and admitted to being a massive fan of the original show: "My sister and I used to watch it when I was little. It's such a part of pop culture I think there's even young kids who know what Knight Rider is and if they don't then this will definitely give them a good introduction."

It's believed the TV movie will be followed up with a series, but with the writer's strike affecting most of Hollywood plans haven't yet been set in stone.

Anybody care about this show?

Anybody care about this show?

Not at all. I only watched the original because nothing else was on. I don't expect a remake today will any more believable then the former was.

:lol:

That is killer looking but a killer car does not a killer series make. However, I may give this a chance afterall. :)

Actually, it's going to be a full length motion picture and not a TV Series.

People will go to see it.

I won't be one of them. :laugh:

That is killer looking but a killer car does not a killer series make. However, I may give this a chance afterall. :)

According to the article, it will be a TV movie which, if it does well, will be turned into a series.

Actually, unless you have a link to contrary information, the article says:

It's believed the TV movie will be followed up with a series, but with the writer's strike affecting most of Hollywood plans haven't yet been set in stone.

Does it being a TV movie change your mind about seeing it, since it's free?

Actually, unless you have a link to contrary information, the article says:

Does it being a TV movie change your mind about seeing it, since it's free?

Nope. I won't watch it.

If there's a ballgame on at the same time.

It's really quite sad when the car is sexier than the lead actor - the car does look cool - the actor looks 12. :laugh:

I did watch the original a few times - but this doesn't immediately grab my attention.

I used to be a fan of the original show. What I enjoyed the most, other than the performance of the car, of course, was the often sarcastic dialogue from the car provided by actor William Daniels - one of my favorites.

In 1969, Daniels starred as John Adams in the musical 1776, as well as appearing in the movie version in 1972. Two years later, he co-starred with Larry Hagman, Linda Blair and Mark Hamill in Richard Donner's telefilm Sarah T...Portrait Of a Teenage Alcoholic. In 1976, Daniels portrayed eldest son John Quincy Adams in the acclaimed PBS miniseries The Adams Chronicles (George Grizzard played John Adams). He provided the voice of KITT in Knight Rider from 1982–1986, and again in 1991 (He requested not to be credited for that work). He appeared as acid-tongued (but well-meaning) Dr. Mark Craig in St. Elsewhere from 1982–1988 (for which he won an Emmy twice). Daniels then portrayed the teacher George Feeny in Boy Meets World from 1993–2000.

Other roles

Daniels had a successful career as a stage actor; besides 1776, his Broadway credits include On a Clear Day You Can See Forever and A Little Night Music. He earned an Obie Award for The Zoo Story (1960).

A physician named John Bonifant in Death In the Family, the second made-for-TV movie of the 1970s Incredible Hulk TV series.

Several episodes of the 1977 show, Soap, as a German Private Investigator.

Norman, a radio executive attending a Halloween party with coworkers; he appears dressed as a clown for the party, and unwittingly picks up Cylon hitchhikers in the Galactica 1980, episode "The Night the Cylons Landed".

Guest starred in an episode of Scrubs. His appearance involved three other cast members from St. Elsewhere; they played hospitalized doctors.

George Summers in the 1977 Carl Reiner film Oh, God!.

I LOVED Knight Rider. I was the perfect age for that TV series when it originally aired. I was a huge KITT fan and had a KR lunchbox and toy of Michael and Kitt. Can't wait to see this

Edited by Gamera

I'll watch it but have my reservations about it's success after what was done to The Bionic Woman and Battlestar Galactica as remakes or "reimaging". It will seem strange to not hear William Daniels smooth dulcet tones as the voice of K.I.T.T. Hollyweird really needs to develop some new ideas and not just rehash successes of the past.

Edited by statstarter

Val Kilmer to Voice K.I.T.T. In New 'Knight Rider' TV Show

Posted Feb 8th 2008 1:27PM by Ian Rowan

Filed under: Car Tech, Celebrities, TV

For fans of the short lived Arrested Development , it will come as a shock and quite a blow that Will Arnett, who plays J.O.B. in the Fox show, has had to bow out of providing the voice for the smarter-than-thou K.I.T.T. car in the upcoming 'Knight Rider' TV show remake on NBC.

Turns out that there was a conflict of interest since his gravely voice had been used by GMC to grace its truck commercials and the 'Knight Rider' show is co-branded with Ford. D'oh.

So, a last minute replacement has been announced in the form of none other than Iceman, a.k.a. Val Kilmer.

Val's probably in the sound booth right now channeling the Shelby Mustang GT500KR, since the show is set to air in little less than two weeks...

Wow......didn't know Kilmer was having trouble finding work....... <_<

I cant wait till Sunday, I am watching NBC now(Connan O'Brian) and the commercial was just on, the Movie will be a hit, from what I understan its a Sequel to the Original, now with the threat of terrorism the Foundation is reforming, god I loved the Original and watch it whenever its on SciFi I even watched the old Movies, and the Team Knight Rider series, I cant wait till Sunday and with no Football it should work out OK for me. I hope really really hope they do a series with this

back when I was like 7 Kitt came to our Local Mall and I got my Picture sitting in the Drivers seat, and damnit I love Mustangs this show will rock!

I LOVED IT.....Love the new nanotech armor, love how the Hof made an appearance as Micheal Knight, and I love how they continue the legacy to his son, its on again this weekend I'll watch it again and I suggest ya'll do the same, and if you didnt watch it, ya got to catch it, I cant wait for the weekly series to start, I am soo geeked for this movie, watching it made me happy and brought back to mt Childhood when I was a huge Knight Rider fan, and got to sit in KITT @ my mall and he talked to me, I love Mustangs too...LOL tang....which makes its soo much better then a firebird!

I watched the movie and as far as TV remakes go it is far better than the new Battlestar Galactca and Bionic Woman.

It has several weak points:

No William Daniels as the voice of K.I.T.T. (actually a big weakness)

The script was rather weak compared to the original series pilot but passible

Edward Mulhare was the perfect foil as Devon Miles to Hasselhoff's Michael (this guy I'm not so sure of)

Where's Bonnie???????(sexy women mechanics, a car guys dream)

Where's April??????? (see above)

The CGI morphing was stolen from Viper (I could do without the morphing)

If it becomes a series I will watch it, it's better than most of the dreck on TV these days.

BTW I have owned a couple of Mustangs in my lifetime and I am happy with the choice of car.

I am too, when I think of Firebird or Camaro I think Mullet anymore, no offense to anyone that has a mullet, but you know the stereotype

I watched the movie as well and liked it. Did anyone enter the sweepstakes to win the Mustang. I did!.. :P

I saw one of these parked on the street recently:

3002938_4_full.jpg

and stopped to take a closer look. I have to say; after examining it up close from every angle, even without all the air effects pieces strapped on, it's a much more intimidating presence than the Mustang. Imo.

Yeah, it said: the current Kitt sucks.

BOO!

hey compared to Team Knight Rider and Knight Rider 2000, it was gold and I cant wait for the series to begin!

I saw one of these parked on the street recently:

post-2-1204071342.jpg

and stopped to take a closer look. I have to say; after examining it up close from every angle, even without all the air effects pieces strapped on, it's a much more intimidating presence than the Mustang. Imo.

You think that THIS car looks intimidating?.. :wow: It looks like a grocery getter. My Road Runner and my Mustang look a lot hotter than this car!