Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Flash Gordon

Anyone anticipating Sci Fi's new show?

I was really eager when I heard the news, but I'm kind-of hesitant since I grew up watching the 1930s serials with Buster Crabbe in them and wondering if they'll do the show a proper service.

From the way it looks, they seem to be going more for the 1980 film-version... I've also heard it will be set more on Earth due to budgetry reasons, which seems like the same excuse the new Doctor Who has been using.... I'm just hoping they'll visit the planets of Mongo and others oppressed by its rule.

Here's the teaser if anyone missed it: Flash!.

I recall the movie version from the 80's and thinking of adding it to my long film list at flixster and saw a Behind the scenes sneak peek of Flash Gordon (on Hypa Space Weekly awhile back ) number of Canuks in the new series (just never saw the teaser for the series till now).

Just saw the trailer for Flash Gordon on Sci-Fi channel. Looks good but Flash is pretty young (unless I'm just a lot older since I last saw a version of this :biggrin: )

I'm going to watch it. I remember the movie version that came out in the early 80's. I think it should be interesting.

Just saw the trailer for Flash Gordon on Sci-Fi channel. Looks good but Flash is pretty young (unless I'm just a lot older since I last saw a version of this :laugh: )

I agree that he looks pretty young, but he sure is pretty! :biggrin:

It does look similar to the 80's movie. I'd like to see it!

For those who've missed out on the movie (Sci Fi used to air it back in the early 00's), here's the full-length film available for free to watch: Flash Gordon (1980). :biggrin:

I think I'd welcome it as worthy companion show to Doctor Who on Friday nights.

....Much more than Painkiller Jane..

Anyone anticipating to-morrow?

Not quite as much as I was earlier. I've been seeing the promos on Sci Fi, and the lead actor is looks awfully young to play Flash.

Since my husband and I have to work that night, we'll be taping it. I'd still like to see it anyway. It looks like it might be fun!

Just saw the trailer for Flash Gordon on Sci-Fi channel. Looks good but Flash is pretty young (unless I'm just a lot older since I last saw a version of this :) )

Thats what i was gonna say....(clever minds think alike..lol)

Still that teaser was pretty good so as soon as it hits tv i shall be watching :yahoo:

"I digitaly added jabba the hutt into the original star wars...what ever i do what i want!!"....cartman

I just finished watching Flash Gordon (we had to tape it), and I enjoyed it! The actor Eric Johnson (who plays Flash) is 28, so he's just the age I thought Flash should be. I'm looking forward to the seeing the other episodes now. Hopefully the VCR will keep working!

And hopefully I'll remember to ask my husband to tape Doctor Who too! I haven't seen it for a while.

I watched the pilot episode when it aired again on Scifi this morning. I too have been wanting to see this series, and I thought it was really good. The problem I had with it is that I thought the first thirty minutes was pretty slow. It was the last hour that sold me on the series.

I downloaded it last night (it wont be on dutch tv for 2years) and watched it this morning when mandy woke me up.

It was'nt the Flash gordon story i was expecting and it was a little slow but thats to be expected coz they need to get in the back story but after that it was pretty good and i am looking forward to next episode :yahoo: