Sign in to follow this  
Sam The Smuggler

Movie Night

What Would You Like To See Them Watch?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What Would You Like To See Them Watch?

• Star Wars Movies
    • King Kong (Original)
    • Moro Old Horror Movies
    • Back To The Future Movies
    • Stargate
    • The Matrix Movies
    • The Terminator Movies
    • Freddy Movies
    • Jason Movies
    • Galaxy Quest
    • The Abyss
    • Indiana Jones Movies
    • The Lord Of The Rings Movies
    • Alien Movies
    • Other(Specify)

Great idea for a poll. I've thought for some time they need to pay some sort of tribute to Stargate - it's only fair; and movie night would really be about the only legitimate way of doing that.

Great idea for a poll. I've thought for some time they need to pay some sort of tribute to Stargate - it's only fair; and movie night would really be about the only legitimate way of doing that.

Yeah...I can't See any other way , lol

I too, like the idea of them watching Stargate, but I had to vote for TLOR. I really want to see a scene where Jon and Trip give T'Pol a hard time about looking like an elf.

I Vote For Star Wars....But It'd Like To See The Others Too  :bow:

Funny, I voted for Others but I'd like to see Star Wars too lol

I'm more in a John Wayne or Elvis kind of mood though, maybe True Grit or Viva Las Vegas.

I liked all the choices, but I just had to vote for Indiana Jones. :bow:

Alien Movies. It would be kinda neat to see the crew watching an old film about a giant space octopus attacking a space ship when Suddenly there is is a Reed Alert to deal with a giant space octopus attacking the ship. :bow: Seriously though, I would love to see a story where the crew is watching a good old alien film say, The Day the Earth Stood Still and the crew discussion turns into an exploration of mankinds hopes/fears of such things in the past becoming reality with First Contact.

There is a wealth of great films they could watch,other than the ones listed in the poll and the ones they have watched already.Here are a few of my suggested films:

(1) To Kill A Mockingbird

(2) The Color Purple

(3) Gone With The Wind

(4) Its A Wonderful Life

(5) Moby (Please stop me from cursing) (1998 version with Patrick Stewart as Ahab!)

(6) One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

(7) King Of Kings (with Jeff Hunter)

(8) Singin' In The Rain

(9) Amistad

(10) Casablanca

These are in no particular order.I've watched them all,own them all on DVD or VHS,and would recommend them to anyone.They are well written,well acted,well directed.Classics.I could have went on and on,but this is a pretty good list,I think. :bow:

Well, Moby (Please stop me from cursing) (with Patrick) is in my movie collection, too :) :lol: (it HAS to be there :) )

But I voted for Indiana Jones movies....

They are full of action and very funny sometimes :bow:

They suit perfect :bow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I like alot of those choices..Galaxy Quest could be very funny..LOTR would be cool too..But I voted for Back to the Future..Could be fun considering T'Pols view of Time Travel..

It took me a while to decide but I have finally decided what movie I would love to have them watch on movie night and that's Independence Day (special edition with more Okun). A space invasion movie that T'Pol could comment that the aliens look something like some species she's met but they would never behave like that.

I really want to see a scene where Jon and Trip give T'Pol a hard time about looking like an elf.
Alien Movies. It would be kinda neat to see the crew watching an old film about a giant space octopus attacking a space ship when Suddenly there is is a Reed Alert to deal with a giant space octopus attacking the ship.

Those are great ideas!

Aw, you made me choose between The Matrix and Galaxy Quest? How cruel. But in the end I chose Galaxy Quest. Just because it would be too funny. It's just so close to what they're doing.

Roguedawg, great idea with It's a Wonderful Life. I love that movie! It's one of my favorites.

My all-time favorite movie is The Brave Little Toaster, but I doubt the Enterprise crew would watch that. I just don't think that kids' movies are specifically for kids. I find that I like this movie just as much now as I did when I first saw it. I don't know... maybe T'pol would like it. Wouldn't that be funny if she got into cartoons?

I suppose the Star Trek movies are ruled out, eh?

it was a hard choice, but i finally HAD TO GO WITH STARGATE SG-1. with all the comments they make, and jolene blalock being on there now, thats what they need to show.as far as alien films i think he meant the alien movies with sigourney weaver. i may be wrong

Stardate:213627.9

I want them to watch Star Wars.Imagine a scene while they are watching it.Trip explaines to T'Pol about the Movie

Trip:This is an old science fiction movie from the 1970's.It was a very popular movie.They had a bunch of movies that contended with another science fiction show.But I can't seem to recall the name of it right now.............

Of course that other show is Star Trek.That would be a cool scene i think.

I think they should wach Old School!! that was the funniest movie alive, or scary movie 3, or jay and silent bob strike back....all are awsome!!!

L8er Sk8er:dude:

I just had the best idea. Well, maybe not the best idea, but it's a pretty good one.

How about watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

I love that movie. It would be so funny. T'Pol sitting through it... everyone around her laughing... It's hard to believe anybody could keep a straight face through that movie.

I just had the best idea.  Well, maybe not the best idea, but it's a pretty good one.

How about watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

I love that movie.  It would be so funny.  T'Pol sitting through it... everyone around her laughing...  It's hard to believe anybody could keep a straight face through that movie.

That Would Be Great :lol:

I voted for the Back to the Future movies....I think they would give a good laugh. Almost chose Galaxy Quest for the same reason.

My own favorite movie is an old Ronald Reagan film called " King's Row." I would not recommend it for movie night...I think movie night on the Enterprise should be some kind of light diversion.

I'd like to see the gang watch 200 motels by Frank Zappa... I think that would be perfect film for a long space flight. The tale of a band forever on the search for grouppies , pay and the pursuit of true rock and roll bliss... Now if this doesn't catch your fancy what about "Apolcpsy Now " one of the greatest films ever made... It's a catchy dark number with so much potential...

I voted for Star Wars. I think Reed would especially enjoy it--firing all those weapons and blowing up the Death Star in the end.

I would also like for them to see Stargate, Indiana Jones, Galaxy Quest, and Back to the Future. Back to the Future might make some interesting time travel discussions...

OOOH Monty Python! I agree Sam...no one, not even a Vulcan, could keep a straight face during that one!

lol the best part on monty python is the killer rabbit!!!!!!!!! i laughed my a** off, OOOH!! and the nights of nee!!!!!!!!

Edited by poguemahone