Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Officially "Registering"

Register For The Next Session

Session 6

Next Session: 8/23/03

I was thinking about something different we could do in our next session. One thing that came in my mind was that while every session something does change a bit we sill have the same thing in terms of how questions were asked and answered

Because of this I was thinking that the next session should be about Team Work

However, to make this work I need to know in advance who will be there and who won’t be there. I know it is some time away, but it won’t hurt if I posted this now. If you are going to register at a later date, then that’s ok, however, I would like some input.

I have a few ideas like “The Weakest Link” to just a session where each person has to add to a list (kind of like the games we have in the Star Trek Game Forum). I don’t have the details down, but I would like to know what everyone thinks about this and your ideas.

Please offer your ideas & input . . . .

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

:laugh: I have no ideas or suggestions right now but I had to say your idea sounds neat if it can be made to work out. Either way I plan on being there.

:dude:

Session 5 was the first time that I joined the Trivia chat and I enjoyed it very much. It was fun..I will be there for Session 6 however it is setup. I'm probably not going to have any suggestions for you..But I will give it some thought..

Sorry, but I won't be able to attend this session because I'm away on the 22nd. But I should be attending the session two weeks later when I great back.

It seems like a lot of people are having trouble accessing the chat room.

One of the biggest mistakes is that some people don’t type in chat for the password. So all you have to do is type in your username and type in chat for the password.

If you still can’t get in, then download the latest version of Java.

-------------------

Also, it would be helpful if anyone has any ideas (and posts them) so that the session will require teamwork it would be most helpful

Master Q

It seems to work fine for me. :bow: The chat session will be next week, not today. Correct

It seems to work fine for me. :bow: The chat session will be next week, not today. Correct

Yes, next week

Master Q

How about this?

Star Trek the Weakest Link

Probably most of us have watched the show and that is going to make my life easier in explaining.

Let’s say we have 6 players

I ask player 1 a question and then I ask player 2 a question and then player 3 and so forth.

Just like in the game the team is forming a chain.

The Chain:

0.5 points

And just like in the real game you must “BANK”

Only banked points will count

Just like in the game the team will climb up that chain but if someone gets a question wrong then the team starts a brand new chain and if the team banks you start a brand new chain

In voting for the weakest link you will send me a PM through the chat room. (it will not be seen by anyone else but me)

AND remember this is just for fun. I think we are all mature enough to do this and mature enough to realize that this is only a game so that’s why I think it will be all right if we played The Weakest Link

The only way I can make this game work is if I know who exactly is going to participate

Master Q

Officially Registering

I said in the other topic that the only way that I could really make this work is if I know exactly who and how many people are going to participate.

So if you do know that you will be able to attend 8/23 at 4:00 PM (ET) then just say so here and I’ll go into some more of the specifics.

(And if you haven’t looked at the other topic that relates to this then I recommend you to go over that first)

Am I correct in assuming that Alterego, spacetigger, Data, & TrekkieMage are coming?

Master Q

Edited by master_q

I've never seen the show 'The weakest link"..As amazing as that sounds..Not sure if I'll make this trivia session..Let me get back to you on this...

Never seen the weakest link...

I suggest that you look in your TV guide under NBC and during the weekdays look for “The Weakest Link.”

Master Q

I did not like the Weakest Link..it certainly encouraged Strategic Behavior. I guess this means that the only person who will get points is the last man standing - which is how the game went?

Sounds like fun! But will everyone get points? Because in the Weakest Link only the last one standing gets points.

I'll play, just tell me when :bow:

I think that eveyone should get the points for the rounds up to when they get voted out and the winner gets a bonus amount of points.

Everyone that participates will be getting some points

(Remember if you want to be in it then please post a reply under Officially "Registering")

Master Q

I don't know if I'll be there or not, but I'll certainly try! It all depends on what's going on that day.

I don't like Weakest Link (the show) much. They always keep the one who answers the most right until the end, and then the other two vote him/her off. I don't think that's fair, because that person answered the most. *shrugs* If you could figure out a way to do it where not just the winner gets points I think it would be interesting.

Maybe Jeopardy style? That'd be neat.

Sorry, I don't think I'll make this Trivia Chat..Just haven't had time this week to try to find 'The Weakest Link' to see what's it's like...

I'll try to attend this session..Looks like it'll be a tradtional session right...?...

Yes, it is going to be a traditionally session.

(Also note that if someone is reading this right and might attend you don’t have to “register” - just go there. I only created this topic for a possible “untraditional” session because I needed to know the exact # of attendants.