Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Another new Video

B) I have never heard the full version of this song till now and I can think of no better time or place to have finally heard it all then in that video!

:( EXCELLENT! B)

I actually cut the end off but it just repeats after that point. Besides, after seeing Quark as a woman what else could I use to top that? B) LOL

:bow::bow: :lol: :)

VBG this is soooooooooooooo great!!!!! I LOVE IT (and not only because Jean-Luc taknig holidays on Risa is in it :bow: )!!!!

It is fantastic :) :)

Mrs. Captain Picard

great job VBG,

now everyone see my handy work! (back to video tributes and then to the trekzone post)!!!

WOW!!! ........It brought tears to my eyes :lol: .....and then I fell out of my chair laughing. :) :bow:

Here is the full version I envisioned when I made this video, I had to do a little audio editing to extend the song for everything to fit. The video quality is lower, the file is larger and the end "credits don't run real smoothly in this RAM version but you'll see where I was going with it.

http://members.cox.net/trekfans/STARTREKFANS.ram

Stardate:213625.9

Wow awsome job VBG.Thats one of your best ones yet!

I Tried Watching Both Versions.

I Can Hear Both, But Can't See Either One.

And Th First One Stopped After 15 Seconds To "Communicate"

I Also Have The First One Saved To My PC, But Can't Watch It Without Being Online.

What The Hell Is Wrong??

I Tried Watching Both Versions.

I Can Hear Both, But Can't See Either One.

And Th First One Stopped After 15 Seconds To "Communicate"

I Also Have The First One Saved To My PC, But Can't Watch It Without Being Online.

What The Hell Is Wrong??

You must have the ram file saved you your hard drive, the ram file is only a "pointer" to where the rm file is located on the internet.

To save the actual movie on your hard drive right click on the link below and click save as. Then save it to your computer in a location you can easily find.

http://www.startrekfans.net/tribute/STARTREKFANS.rm (This is the small version)

http://members.cox.net/trekfans/STARTREKFANS_0001.rm (This is the extended play version)

Thank You For Telling Me To Do What I Have Already Done. And Even When I Just Try To View Here, Same Thing Happens.

Oh Well, I'll Try Again.

Edit: *Bangs Head On Desk* I Still Can't See It....

Thank You For Telling Me To Do What I Have Already Done.  And Even When I Just Try To View Here, Same Thing Happens.

Oh Well, I'll Try Again.

If you're downloading the rm files to your hard drive then I have no idea why it would only play while you are on the internet.

With the RM file downloaded the computer shouldn't need to communicate with the server at all because the RM file is on your hard drive.

If you right click on the RAM file and save it then that points to my server and your computer will connect to the internet to load the rm file.

Do this, on the file that you have saved on your computer, right click on it and go to properties. How big is that file? If it's something like 52 bytes then you have the wrong file saved to your hard drive. If it's 1.6mb or 2.8mb then those are the actual movie files and if they don't work I'm not sure why.

If all else fails and you just can't get them to play at all let me know and I'll try to make a reasonably sized wmv file and we'll see if that one will work for you.

The One I Just Downloaded Is 2.85 MB.  Now, Let Me Clarrify.  I Can Hear It, But Can't See It.

Then it may be the Real player you have, let me see if I can make an AVI or an WMV that might work for you.

I'm glad you liked it, which version did you watch? The one with all the members names at the end or the one that ends after seeing Quark as a woman?

How well did the videos load for you (both the flash and ther RAM)?

They both loaded pretty quick which is weird for my computer. Nice surprise. ;) I didn't try the flash one. The only problem is when I tried to save them to my computer, the long one saved with no problems but the short one won't save at all. :lol:

How well did the videos load for you (both the flash and ther RAM)?

They both loaded pretty quick which is weird for my computer. Nice surprise. ;) I didn't try the flash one. The only problem is when I tried to save them to my computer, the long one saved with no problems but the short one won't save at all. :lol:

I'm glad they loaded fairly quickly for you, that's always my biggest concern is how things will load for Dial Ups.

To save the smaller version right click and save this link:

http://www.startrekfans.net/tribute/STARTREKFANS.rm

BRAVO!!!!!!!

EDIT: I only watched the very first video, but in the enterprise clip at the beginning, the little 'A' in the corner, thats an Edmonton/Calgary, Alberta, Canada based station! Yay!

Wow! Another great video VBG! I'll have to visit these forums more often just for the videos!

I had a similar idea when I first heard the theme tune to Cheers. (It is fantastic isn't it?) I thought of doing a parody of the intro sequence of Cheers, using the stylized sketches but incorporating Star Trek characters instead of the Cheers cast and have them doing the same basic motions as the cast and altering the background slightly to make it more familiar. A 19th century Quark's anyone? Complete with the Ferengi himself, with a bushel moustache and a monacle? However, it still wouldn't compete with Quark as a woman...

However, it still wouldn't compete with Quark as a woman...

That part with Quark as a woman fit nicely I thought. As did the part at the beginning where it says "Wouldn't you like to get away?" and shows Trip and Reed in the basement from 2 Days, 2 Nights when the women turn into aliens. The looks on their faces is PRICELESS!