Sign in to follow this  
krysis

Who'd make the better captain?

19 members have voted

1. 1. By the end of the last episode of the individual series, which second in command would make a better captain?

• Spock
    • William Riker
    • Chakotay
    • Kira
    • T'Pol

I find it hard deciding between Spock and Riker. What about the rest of you? By the way, I've no idea if this poll had ever been done.

Edited by Takara_Soong

SPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCKSPOCK

I can't really think of a reason. But he seems like a Captain that I'd wanna serve under!

I like both Spock and Riker, but I voted for Riker, only because sometimes there are situations (and species) that can't be handled with logic alone.

Chakotay it is! It's the tattoo that does it. Haha, just kidding. But seriously, his judgement was usually pretty good--and I reiterate, usually. I think he'd be a pretty good captain.

In my opinion the best captain isn't in your poll...Benjamin Sisko..Since he's not there I will vote for Kira Nerys..Such a strong character..She would have made a great commander of DS9 with Sisko gone to the Prophets..

In my opinion the best captain isn't in your poll...Benjamin Sisko..Since he's not there I will vote for Kira Nerys..Such a strong character..She would have made a great commander of DS9 with Sisko gone to the Prophets..

Sisko wasn't a captain for all of DS9 but he was never second in command during its run so he doesn't qualify for the poll.

I think all of those mentioned have good qualifications and experience to be promoted to captains. If I had to choose one to serve under it would be Riker.

Sisko wasn't a captain for all of DS9 but he was never second in command during its run so he doesn't qualify for the poll.

Ahhh..OK Takara..I didn't see that statement above the poll..Do you all know how hard it is to see that dark blue font color?

This was a really HARD question ... all are so qualified for the job. But I vote for Kira because of the particular "command" in question. She has a foot in both worlds (Federation and Bajor), she is uniquely qualified to command DS9 now that Sisko is off in the wormhole. The job is really huge, but because of her background and understanding of the tasks at hand (Bajor's eventual admission in to the Federation, the rebuilding of Cardassia, the spiritual perspective now that Bajor's lost its Kai), she's really the only one for the job at this point.

The others are all going to be great captains, but their jobs are not as challenging as the one Kira will face. I go with Kira Nerys.

Guest Voyager

Riker.

Spock for a Vulcan crew, but Riker for any other.

Edited by Voyager

I've finally decided to vote Spock after much thought. Its all about the pointy ears.