Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

The Hair

Hair  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think there is a cure for baldness in the 24th Century?

• yes
    • no

I was watching Trek and it hit me that it seems even by the 24th century, there won't be a cure for male baldness. This topic is not ment to insult Picard, in fact I'm a huge fan of the character, but it just hit me as obvious. That if Picard is still bald, there is no cure for it by then? Or do you think he chose not to be cured.

I know it's all fiction and the real truth is that there isn't a cure now, but lets look at this in the fictional Trek point of view and tell me what your thoughts are

I think there is a cure, but one thing the TNG-24th century teaches us is that we're unique and perfect the way we are - so why should Jean-Luc choose to let his baldness be cured? He's ok the way he is :lol:

(On a behind the scenes note: Gene Roddenberry wanted Pat to wear a hair piece because he thought that the captain of the Enterprise should not be bald, but it just didn't look right and so they gave up the idea - fortunately)

Edited by Mrs.Picard

Being on a starship, Picard wouldn't have been able to keep his monthly "Hair Club For Men" appointments anyway.....................................

I think there is a cure in the 24th century.

Picard is one of those men who has never asked for the cure. He is fine the way he is. In fact, I think the bald look makes him look even more sexy than he did before. B)

This is from one woman's point of view. :dude: B)

I'm glad you guys like bald people since I've been losing my hair since I was about 16 or 17 and I'm 23. Hair in the sink every day. But luckily it isn't that noticeable yet :dude:

Yes, there would be a cure. It has been shown that genetic manipulation can be achieved relatively simply (just look at Bashir), so doing something about the baldness gene would be easy.

If in Star Trek IV Dr. McCoy could give a woman a pill that cured her kidney disease I'm sure they will have a cure for baldness. I know that you may think thast baldness is trivial but to some people it is traumatic. A medicine I take for a medical condition has the side effect on me of making my hair grow faster, I'm not bald or balding.

I voted no; if there was a cure, then the EMH wouldn't have been bald. He constantly complained about it, and he could've even edited his program to have hair.

I'm glad he didn't, though...I :laugh: Bob Picardo and his sexy bald head. :clap: