Sign in to follow this  
bearded ape

guns, phasers and lasers

i want to know why the fedaration was not smart enough to give normal handguns and rifles to thier men after picards actions in the holodeck :laugh: . they cant be that much harder to replicate than phaser rifles, can they?

I think that it was because of safety reasons. Starfleet prefers to use non lethal weapons. Also, if a traditional hand gun or rifle were to be fired on a starship it is very possible that it could puncture the hull.

i mean on the speciel occasion of being in close combat with a borg,when you are always shooting to kill and you really dont want them to adapt. plus, i think that a beam of energy will do more damege to the hull then a ball of lead.

Stardate:213540.8

The borg have thier own shielding right?Well wouldnt they just put up a shield to block the bullet.

yes they have thier own sheilding but it has to identify your weapon before you can block it. i n first contact when picard gos nuts with the tommy guns he fires almost a hundred rounds into them and they still dont adapt and use the sheilds.

Cha-Ching bearded ape! I was hoping that was where you were leading up to. I wonder if they ever could adapt to conventional weapons, if not then that is their greatest weakness and I am sure Picard shared that fact with tptb after FC. Watch out Queenie, we got cha!

how about instead of guns train everybody in the use of swords or crossbows go medevil on them. :lol:

Now that would be cool. I would love to see Picard wielding a sword or a cross bow to take out the Borg. But I think it would be a better idea to use a gun that way you don't have to be so close and possibly get assimilated in the process. It would still be cool though.

When it comes to fighting the Borg, once they've boarded your ship, that hand to hand combat is the best way to go.  Starfleet should learn from the Klingons and start having swords in the armory. :lol:

One of my favorite scenes was when Archer jumped on the Borg and started ripping tubes out.

I think that it was because of safety reasons.  Starfleet prefers to use non lethal weapons.  Also, if a traditional hand gun or rifle were to be fired on a starship it is very possible that it could puncture the hull.

Hmm, that does not say much for the structiure of the ship.

i think the borg could've adapted to that tommy gun eventually, because the bullets were holograms and holograms are a form of energy and photons

i think the borg could've adapted to that tommy gun eventually, because the bullets were holograms and holograms are a form of energy and photons

Very good point omni'X.

To my understanding it has never been shown the Borg are able to adapt to Conventional Weapons, I still subscribe to the possibility CW are the Borgs Achilles heel until shown evidence to the contrary.

When it comes to fighting the Borg, once they've boarded your ship, that hand to hand combat is the best way to go.  Starfleet should learn from the Klingons and start having swords in the armory. :clap:

One of my favorite scenes was when Archer jumped on the Borg and started ripping tubes out.

Yes, I loved how Archer jumped the drone and started ripping out his tube-implants! :clap: