Favorite Capain

64 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Capain

• James T. Kirk
    • Jean-Luc Picard
    • Benjamin Sisko
    • Kathryn Janeway
    • Johnathan Archer

Gotta be Sisko. All of them are great, but I love Sisko's depth. He was always just such a real person. I thought we saw a much wider range of emotions and situations with Sisko. We saw him as a husband, father, widower, commander, warrior, even a religious figurehead, for heaven's sake.

Q: You hit me! Picard never hit me!

Sisko: I'm not Picard.

Sums it all up, right there. :rolleyes:

If I didnt say a thousand times already, I love Janeway. She is the best captain, becuase she, I think, was placed in the hardest position ever. Captain against Captain in Equinox, and the entire story pratically was about Crew against Crew with the Maquie .... Chillin' and Thrillin'.

Well I voted for Picard. For me, he is like a fictional role model. He always makes decisions with the utmost diligence in analysing the morality of his choices and their consequences. I know, you said to vote for your favorite Captain, not the one you thinks makes the best command decisions, but that is why he is my favorite. If I had to choose a second fav, Kirk would come in at a very close second. I think his acting was absolutely fabulous in the movies with the exception of TMP.

I'm just curious...Chataeya mentioned voting for Janeway because "It was nice to see a female in that role, for a change".  Do women tend to vote for Janeway because she is a woman?

Nope. I had trouble deciding between Picard and Janeway-- I went with the latter solely because VOY's my favorite series.

Found this on a site in the humor forum.

Oh, come on, don't try and act like you thought it would never happen...

Given that the Kirk/Picard debate has continued unabated for over 8 years now, I think it's time for...

Janeway vs. Kirk and Picard

1. Understands technobabble, so she knows when the Chief Engineer is lying to her about repair times.

2. Has more hair than Kirk and Picard combined. (Even before Bill Shatner's hairpiece...)

3. Cracks up off-duty crew with her wacky Catherine Hepburn impressions.

4. Can say "Break out the compression phaser rifles" with a completely straight face.

5. Has a 'Significant other', a dog and a career, unlike previous captains whose 'meaningful relationships' never spanned two episodes.

6. Proudly took her Starfleet Oath of Loyalty as a cadet, but giggled all through the part about the Prime Directive.

7. Has ordered Sciences to replicate 1,000,000 "Janeway or the highway!" bumper stickers to slap on passing starships.

8. Commands the first crew in starfleet who actually all wear the same style uniforms.

9. Has mastered a facial expression universally understood by all sentient lifeforms to mean, "Boy, Paris, are you ever stupid".

10. Maintains an elaborate hairdo that would baffle even Princess Leia; apperently without the aid of hairpins (or, if pins are present, carries a small arsenal of them for use as lockpicks, weapons, tools for repairing subspace relays, etc.)

By H. Randy Patton, Virginia Tech English Dept.

Captain Bejamin Sisko!!!!! All of his "character building" episodes were the best, he can be so convincing!

I voted for Archer,but only because I like Scott Bakula,and the fact that Archer has (so far) lost fewer subordinates to grizzly space deaths....

:tear:

All the captains are really cool. But how could you not just love Janeway. So very cool. Picard was a close second, but Janeway had to fight the borg sooo many times......it was cool. Always seemed to make the right desision....that's hollywood for you! :waaaa:

Capt Picard for me but Capt Janeway a very close second.

Same here.

Edited by Ace