Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

T'Pol's new look

:lol: Yes, get rid of the catsuits. Although, they could send one my way. :lol: :laugh: I could use a lift, right about now. :lol: Catsuits are for cat-people. :lol: Like me.

Does no one understand the difference between sex and sexist? When women like Jolene Blalock perpetuate the concept that woman are mere sex objects she doesn't do it to express freedom or any such BS, she does to glorify her bank account.

I'm not talking about sex or intimacy between adults of equal status; I'm talking about ENT's double standard that presents T'Pol as sex-toy first and maybe a person second if they get around to it.

But you are right - it is a free country and a if woman desires to be a sex object then it is her choice. It makes me angry because of the impact this will have on my two young nieces and all little girls in the world. As long as men continue to see women as sex-toys first and people second my nieces and all little girls will have a much harder time being taken seriously or being treated with respect or even having a relationship where they will be genuinely loved.

I am terrified to think of the experiences that in a few short years await these precious little girls. I can't help but wonder if those who have daughters have similar feelings.

Does no one understand the difference between sex and sexist?  When women like Jolene Blalock perpetuate the concept that woman are mere sex objects she doesn't do it to express freedom or any such BS, she does to glorify her bank account.

I'm not talking about sex or intimacy between adults of equal status; I'm talking about ENT's double standard that presents T'Pol as sex-toy first and maybe a person second if they get around to it.

But you are right - it is a free country and a if woman desires to be a sex object then it is her choice.  It makes me angry because of the impact this will have on my two young nieces and all little girls in the world.  As long as men continue to see women as sex-toys first and people second my nieces and all little girls will have a much harder time being taken seriously or being treated with respect or even having a  relationship where they will be genuinely loved. 

I am terrified to think of the experiences that in a few short years await these precious little girls.  I can't help but wonder if those who have daughters have similar feelings.

My personal view is that women can be both attractive and inteligent at the same time, but I do understand your points.

As a man I have to say that I don't mind seeing attractive women but that does not mean that I have any less or more respect for them. Everyone has to have respect for each other and not buy into stereotypes or conform to established fashions under peer pressure.

Anyway, nowadays there seems to be more female predators, at least thats how it seems in the UK!

At least on Enterprise they have given a little eye candy for the women as well with the men on Enterprise running about the ship in their underwear.

And CJLP,you mention only one episode and one episode does not a sexual crapfest make.On DS9 they were always hopping around in bed and talking about it around a hot cup of raktijeno,then there was the episode "Let He is Without Sin" and the lovely Leeta exposing most of her breast only the nipple not being seen as she was cradled with another woman.

The womans body is a beautiful sight to behold,I'm sorry you can't see that without thinking sexual thoughts.

The womans body is a beautiful sight to behold,I'm sorry you can't see that without thinking sexual thoughts.

It has nothing to do with "having sexual thoughts". It has everything to do with morals and ethics. If they want to turn up the sex factor, that's fine. I'll just stop watching. Afterall, STARGATE SG-1 has great ratings, and you don't see any deep sexuallity on that show.

What ever makes YOU happy my friend. I'll continue to enjoy Enterprise and its lack of sexual content. Hell I see more sex during the commercials than I do on the show,but thats just my opinion.

I thought T'Pol looked quite good in her uniform in the 1st two seasons. So I say, keep the catsuit. But I keep an open mind. What she wears in the next season could still be good or even better. I doubt it will look worse. It seems that the taste in clothing only gets better over the years on star trek. Look at the Enterprise and Movie uniforms. No more TOS pajamas!

I am glad they are giving T'Pol a new look, do trekkies really watch because of the sex appeal?!?! That is just sick, anyone who does should just watch a dirty video, cause its not like they are going to reveal too much, heck its syndicated!!!

I like the idea of getting rid of the catsuit I always thought troi looked so much better when she started to ware the uniform and I would have to agree that women are waring more skin than chlothing as a male of cource I look but more than often after that first look I notice that the person can't be more than 14 or 15 then I am apaled I know that childeren should be given the chance to wear what they want but wow I have seen girls not women walking around with pants so low that you can see what they are not wearing.

She looks very retro, like Wilma Deering. It's kind of cute. I like that it's two piece with the wide hem that looks like a belt but isn't. Very stylish. The color suits her.

I just saw T'Pol's new look at startrekweb.com. B) She looks GOOD!!!!! :(

And the uniform looks familiar,almost like the uniforms used in Star Trek:TMP.I love the Ent-TMP link,it's great!Keep on Trekkin! B)

I just saw T'Pol's new look at startrekweb.com. B) She looks GOOD!!!!! :(

And the uniform looks familiar,almost like the uniforms used in Star Trek:TMP.I love the Ent-TMP link,it's great!Keep on Trekkin! B)

I agree with you,nephew.T'Pol looks great,and I love the new uniform.It does look like a variant of something out of Star Trek:TMP.Its great!I just have one question,where in the @!#!!*$ did you find that avatar? B)