11 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Sleep Walk or Sleep Talk?

• I Sleep Walk
    • I Sleep Talk
    • Both
    • Neither, But I Used To
    • Neither, Never Have
    • Don't Know

have you ever done any of these? If you have, tell us some of your stories! When I was younger, I used to sleep walk but now I sleep talk so I do both.

When I sleep talk, I say things like "turn on the color light" to people. My brother was playing his PS2 a couple of years ago, and sleeping talking I was told I said "What are you playing? Do you need a PS2 to play that?"

My brother sleep talks as well, just a few months ago he said "Stephen, Stephen (my name) why are there so many light bulbs?" :)

When I use to sleep walk, one time I almost walked out of the motel room we were in, the only thing that stopped me was that Dad woke up. He said that I was trying to turn the door knob when he woke up

My mother talked alot in her sleep in the weeks leading up to her death. She'd hold conversations with relatives of ours who were already dead. I'd sit up and listen (the old house was pretty quiet at night). Back then I used to think it was just the disease. But now I wonder.

The night before she got so sick that we had to take her to the hospital (1-week before her death), she talked with her mother, who had died back in '97.

All I can remember is my mom saying something like "Momma, you're so beautiful! Did you go to the beauty parlor?" A few minutes later she started giggling. It was genuine happiness. My mom had a particular laugh/giggle she did when she was really,truly tickled and that was it. I hadn't heard it once since my dad passed away. But she did it that night.

And my oldest nephew sometimes sleep walks. Usually, he only does it on nights when he's had a bad dream of some sort.

As far as I know, I personally do not sleepwalk or sleeptalk, though the people living with me all claim I snore to wake the dead. :)

I don't know for sure, but people tell me i say wierd stuff some times when i'm sleeping or something.. my friend (i think he was just bugging) said that one time i woke him up because i was screaming bloody mary.. literally, "Bloody Mary".. it is scary, if you know what "Bloody Mary" is.. but i'm pretty sure he was just joshing me. Also, my mum tells me that sometimes i say wierd things in my sleep.. like, one time she walked past my room and i was sitting up with my eyes closed and i was saying something.. it is very odd.

:blush: I voted "I don't know" never stay wake to find out. :) I have been told that I snore , but that it is not loud. Never woke up to find myself else where, so I don't sleepwalk , but as far as sleeptalk ,that is questionable? Edited by Chataeya

I used to talk in my sleep. Once in awhile, I still catch myself trying to. It usually happens when someone in my dream says "Huh?" and I try to raise my voice in my dream so they can hear me, and I end up either just moving my lips or actually talking.

According to my brother, I actually once said, "Beam me up!" in my sleep. I kid you not.

Both, actually but moreso sleep talk than walk.

And usually in a foreign language according to my family. Sometimes multiple languages kind of mixed together. But in my time awake I can only speak my native language fluently (American English), I can still read and speak a bit of German (moreso read than translate and speak in a situation where it is needed quickly)... know little bits and pieces of the Spanish & French I can remember. And can say please, thank you, farewell and count to 10 in Russian (I sure the heck cannot read Cyrillic much anymore, have not had to in about 12 years).

But I sing in a handful of languages, even some I cannot translate much at all (like Japanese & Korean)... so maybe that adds to it. *shrug* I do not know.

Sleepwalk, I do not do that much... moreso when I was younger than now. I think the worst was when I walked out of my house and was sleeping outdoors. But that was when I had bronchitis, so I guess that was why (cold air made my lungs & airways feel better)

I have talked in my sleep but never walked that I know of... Unless you count the times I got out of bed before being fully awake; you know those times, you're stumbling around aimlessly wondering what you're doing and why you got out of bed.

Both, I always ssay what currently on my mind (Why I sleep with Tape recorder now) and ive woken up a few times with my head in the fridge or out the door.

I do not do either, but my little sister sleep talks.

What is weird is sleeping in the same room as someone from a foreign country, and hearing them sleep talk in their native language.

I don't sleep walk but I often mumble in my sleep. Mostly plans for world conquest.