Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Wilma

I've justy had this feeling that before the season was over Florida would get hit (actually, Florida has already been hit twice but people seem to overlook that Katrina hit Southern Florida before it struck the Gulf - sorry Sea Trooper)

This one looks like it's following Charley's path - it will be bad for South Florida.

We'll get rains and winds here in town more than likely(in NE FL).. But it looks like the storm is going to hit a bit later than tehy had been predicting... However, that does not change my mind about keeping an eye on this storm.

My family has a music job this weekend, so we are traveling.. thankfully not to South Florida.

I hope all in the path of this storm stays safe.

I got hit by Katrina's eye, and Rita only sideswiped me. Since Katrina was a 1 at that time the damage was bad, but nothing irreparable, except for like 3 deaths. Wilma now... I have a bad feeling about this.

Even though there are no refineries in its path, watch the oil companies raise the price of gas and blame it on Wilma...........

B) What a mess, this storm could cause for florida. I just hope that the ppl that bought my late uncles house in the keys, don't get much damage as they paid 1.6 mil for the place. :lol:

I got hit by Katrina's eye, and Rita only sideswiped me. Since Katrina was a 1 at that time the damage was bad, but nothing irreparable, except for like 3 deaths. Wilma now... I have a bad feeling about this.

359183[/snapback]

Yeah, my brother in law was in S Florida right as Katrina hit there... Rita drenched us up here as she passed by. Ophelia though never hit the coast drowned us all up the coastline, Tammy rained for a little bit here though she poured on the NE coast of the US.

THis storm, if it follows what they are predicting it wont be as severe as our 4 FL storms of last year. But this one WILL be going just in the areas hit by Charley last year, and will be entering in where Katrina left out.

Hopefully the slowed progress of Wilma will allow more people to get out of the way, or more time to seek adequate shelter. I hope it loses some punch before hitting S. Florida.

Also... in the near future, if it holds together.. Tropical depression 25 is supposed to become ALPHA in the next few days

I hope Willma just goes pass the keys to the south and it gets its butt in gear... the sooner that one goes the sooner we can deal with Alpha...

Why does Alpha remind me of the power rangers... I've been around my family way to long!

Also... in the near future, if it holds together.. Tropical depression 25 is supposed to become ALPHA in the next few days

359455[/snapback]

Wilma has downgraded to a CAT 2. But tropical depression 25 is now the 22 tropical storm ALPHA. Cross your fingers.

I hope Willma just goes pass the keys to the south and it gets its butt in gear... the sooner that one goes the sooner we can deal with Alpha...

Why does Alpha remind me of the power rangers... I've been around my family way to long!

359463[/snapback]

"Daddy, why do you say you wish you were a putty everytime the Pink Ranger throws one to the ground?"

359455[/snapback]

Wilma has downgraded to a CAT 2. But tropical depression 25 is now the 22 tropical storm ALPHA. Cross your fingers.

359524[/snapback]

Yep it has. THis has been one heck of a Hurricane season, and we all still have a bit over a month of it to go.

359463[/snapback]

"Daddy, why do you say you wish you were a putty everytime the Pink Ranger throws one to the ground?"

359553[/snapback]

OK... well... It looks like Willma will do cause some problems. We better send Fred to take care of them!

Click For Spoiler
willma.jpg
Edited by Capt_Picard

OK... well... It looks like Willma will do cause some problems. We better send Fred to take care of them!

Click For Spoiler
willma.jpg

359646[/snapback]

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :blush::jaw:

the local country radio station had a sound bite for Hurricane Wilma...I wish I had it. It's alot of wind noise, and Fred Flinstone yelling..

"WILLLLLLLLLLMAAAAAAAAAA!"

THis morning we had wind and rains here, but now it is pretty much crystal clear skies and quite chilly. However, it is still quite windy here.

Ah well.  Just make do until Alpha, comes, no?

359839[/snapback]

Alpha has already come and gone. Its remnants were absorbed by Wilma sometime yesterday evening. And Wilma is still a Category two and heading in the vacinity of Nova Scotia

Wilma sucked! Way worse than Katrina! Katrina took all my small trees, and Wilma took all my big trees. Where were they you ask? One was on my front lawn, two were on top of my house, one was in my back yard, and the last was in my driveway. My power was out for 3 days, which sucked but I found alot of time to finish reading books that I never had the chance to complete. Then my cable came back on the fourth day. The internet was connected to the cable so it should have come back, but it was a problem with the internet that wasn't connected to the cable. Then on the sixth day, yesterday night, I returned from work to aimlessly find MY HOME PAGE POP UP!!! I seriously cried. But alot of people are still without power. Curse you, Wilma!

Ah well.  Just make do until Alpha, comes, no?

359839[/snapback]

Alpha has already come and gone. Its remnants were absorbed by Wilma sometime yesterday evening. And Wilma is still a Category two and heading in the vacinity of Nova Scotia

Wilma sucked! Way worse than Katrina! Katrina took all my small trees, and Wilma took all my big trees. Where were they you ask? One was on my front lawn, two were on top of my house, one was in my back yard, and the last was in my driveway. My power was out for 3 days, which sucked but I found alot of time to finish reading books that I never had the chance to complete. Then my cable came back on the fourth day. The internet was connected to the cable so it should have come back, but it was a problem with the internet that wasn't connected to the cable. Then on the sixth day, yesterday night, I returned from work to aimlessly find MY HOME PAGE POP UP!!! I seriously cried. But alot of people are still without power. Curse you, Wilma!

Just checking out the multiple quote feature.

I hope it's the end of this storm season. This was the worst ever on record.

Just checking out the multiple quote feature.

I hope it's the end of this storm season. This was the worst ever on record.

Sadly it has a month to go. And if I am correct, Beta just reached Category 3 strength before heading into Nicaragua. It is a tropical storm now, and is drenching that country.

Oh good grief!! I do not know which to respond to first.. the fact we may see Gamma soon. Or, the way that accuweather.com is reporting it.... see for yourselves!

STOP-GAMMATIME. It appears that tropical system

near Barbados is going to develop. Looking at forecasted outflow patterns, while the system may be sheared now, its persistence means it probably will fight through and this could be a cat 2 hurricane by Thursday or Friday moving slowly west northwest through the Caribbean.

But this will be a long drawn out complex. The Canadian to be blunt is going wild run after run, and takes a hurricane up through the Bahamas and then up off the east coast. A rather simplistic, though possible scenario. My call is that this will still be in the Caribbean or put it this way, south of 25 north and between 70 and 80 west a week from now and that upstream changes during Thanksgiving week will be crucial in interacting with this in a way that would lead to a strong hybrid type storm, or perhaps a Wilmaish situation for the east coast Thanksgiving week. What I dont see though is a gulf threat northwest of a Tampa to Merida line, and as slow as this will go, we will have plenty of time to know even though it means it will be able to grow....yo..

And knowing that my best friend is in PR, I really do not like where they are saying this storm may track!

Edited by Yillara_Skye

The Canadian to be blunt is going wild run after run

What does this mean? I'm not offended or anything but there is no context for that sentence in the quote.

The Canadian to be blunt is going wild run after run

What does this mean? I'm not offended or anything but there is no context for that sentence in the quote.

I honestly have no earthly clue... sometimes I really wonder about the people over at that site....

Accuweather Atlantic hurricane discussion

I mean, there was a Star Trek reference back a few storms ago. I believe it was Hurricane Vince, because it was going to and did hit Portugal and Spain. And that was something a tropical system has not done in recorded history before.

And sometime a year or two ago, it was either Accuweather or NOAA's site had lyrics from a song posted at the end of the report... making a vague reference to the storm leaving and was not going to affect land.

They used "Na na na na hey hey, goodbye"

*shrug* I really do not know why they wrote that... I know during one of the other storms they spoke of groups in Australia, United Kingdom and Canada providing possibility charts regarding the storm's path and strength. Maybe thats what/who that is about.

hmm, NOAA now has this disturbance as a Depression... it looks as if Gamma is about to become a reality.

Excuse me for a moment.....

:bow: :) :bow: :)

Ok, back now..

025133W_sm.gif

Edited by Yillara_Skye