Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

What Character Would You Have Wanted To Die?

If Someone Had To Die On ENT, Who Should It Have Been?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. If Someone Had To Die On ENT, Who Should It Have Been?

• The Death of Trip Is Fine By Me
    • Archer
    • Hoshi
    • Mayweather
    • T'Pol
    • Malcolm
    • Phlox
    • A Member of M.A.C.O
    • None of them should have died

I know the ENT haters out there would say that they wish all of them would've died. But that's not what this topic is about.

Who do you think should have died instead of Trip and why? I personally feel that no one should have died, but someone could have a different opinion. This is kinda like the Nemesis poll about whether Picard or Data should have died.

If another character, like Hoshi for example, died it wouldn't be talked about as much as Trip's death. At least I don't think so.

Like I said, spoilers are allowed here.

It really depends on the season - in season one I sort of hoped Hoshi would die so she'd stop the incessant whining - OMG she drove me crazy. But least she could whine in a variety of languages.

By the end of season two I wanted to see T'Pol go - I disliked that character so much I was actually glad ENT was cancelled...and I ST I don't care for Blalock either - one of the most one dimensional actors I've ever seen.

Prefered nobody but I can live with Trip's death.

And c'mon like 3 MACOs already died (Hayes, Forbes, and Hawkins). I think that's all of them.

T'Pol - from a freak lip-reduction operation, to remove some of that pout...

Mayweather - just bored himself to death

Trip - ironically dies after trip over a loose cable

Soto - accidently translates a rare alien language wrongly, to replace the words 'peace' with 'faeces' and 'hello' with 'go and take a long walk on a short pier, you smelly cat litter tray' - hanged for treason on their low gravity homeworld

Reid - from winding himself up too tightly and exploding in cargo bay 2

Archer - puts too much hair die in, and then has one more sun bed too many

Phlox - nah, he can stay,

I voted nobody should have died. But I still observe that there could be more Enterprise stories with Trip alive because it happended in the future when the current crew was about to be reassigined anyway. In my mind, Trip lives!!!

Having just seen 'The Forge' again, I am reminded that I really mean that I preferred that nobody die.

Click For Spoiler

I voted for Archer - he was never comfortable with command - you want your captains in ST to have the diplomatic skills of Picard, the action man traits of Kirk and the overall ease of Sisko - but given the mission he was facing - a whole bunch of first contacts - it never quite worked out.

This idea itself was tried in Voyager and generally speaking Voyager had mixed reviews both here and in ST.com, however, it seems Berman and Braga were only any good when character development has been done by some one else capable of actually writing believable characters who were human not 2-D card board cut-outs.

No attention was paid to the various first contact scenarios that could have presented themselves, but instead we got a dumbing down of the whole show - with a clear emphasis to chase mainstream viewers who after the first episode had figured out it was the new star trek show and did not watch and as for the dedicated ST fans they switched off in their droves as it was considered a lame version of ST and did not deserve the ST name.

You got to remember this man (Archer) was integral in forming the Federation - and I just could not see him doing it - Picard maybe in his situation - but definitely not Archer - there were no or few diplomacy episodes as possibly it was felt that the mainstream viewer would get confused and turn off - so scripts were kept purposely soft - not what we wanted at all. The sad fact is that the lame scripts and poor characters appealed to no one and everyone began switching off.

I voted other and wish no one had died. It seemed unnecessary to me. But if SOMEONE had to die.... I vote for the equivalent on TNG of the the TOS redshirts ... two seldom seen crewmembers ... Crewmen Braga and Berman! :elephant:

It was a hard decision...not! I hate Enterprise and I thank god it was cancelled it was so lame and the characters we so boring. I'd say T'Pol.