*Chekov*

"It's no use Keptain, the engines are at full and we are still being pulled into the storm."

Quickly goes over to the science station.

>Kirk

Spock can you tell what is pulling us towards the the storm?

Spock> looking at scanner.

"Captain, I am reading something that is similar to a tractor beam. It has locked on to the Enterprise. Unless we break its hold on us first, attempting to back away will break up the ship. My sensors still cannot penetrate the ion storm for a lock on what holds us, but I am reading...” he turns around to face Kirk. “Incredible power.”

Looking at Spock....

>Kirk

Incredible power, what you happen if we fired a photon torpedo into the center of the storm?

*Chekov*

"Keptain, I have entered the all stop order, but we are continuing to accelerate toward the storm."

Spock>

"As my scans have not been able to penetrate the storm and scan the interior, I have insufficient data to formulate a hypothesis, however...” Spock raises an eyebrow at Kirk, giving him a meaningful yet placid look.

>Kirk

Keep scanning the storm and let me know anything that you find out. What's the estimated time of impact with the storm?

Before anyone can answer, McCoy enters the Bridge. He glares onscreen at the impending storm. "So that's what's been throwing us around down there!?"

Goes over to McCoy...

>Kirk

Yes it is, but we have a few people that are in need of you right now. *Points to Sulu who is laying on the deck unconcious.*

Activates the comm.

>Kirk

Scotty come in!.....*No response*.....Anyone in engenering respond!....*Still nothing*

Spock you and the Doctor head down to engenering and find out what's happening down there.

Turns to Sulu with a look of concern on his face.

>Kirk

Are you ok Mr. Sulu?

>Sulu

*Turns to the Captain with a small cut on his forehead*

Just a few scraches, and heck of a headache, Sir

*Walks over to the helms station and wipes debrie off*

Spock takes his usual long strides and follows McCoy to the lift, they both head for Engineering at a fast pace. They put on protective clothing for the radiation and enter the smoky and hot room.

Once inside they see Scotty on the floor along with numerous others. One by one they begin to drag them out.

> Red shirted crewman who had walked into open panel earlier

AAAAARRRRRrrrrrrrrggggggg!

*dies from radiation*

Stardate:213542.9

Commander Tojak is sitting on the bridge of the Romulan Warbird Rogan.The Romulans have developed experimental shield technology that allows them to withstand certain harsh conditons for a period of time.Commander Tojak decided to hide in an ion storm to suprise and attack the Enterprise.

Commander Tojak:Comm. hail the Enterprise. I want to speak to Captian Kirk.

Orderlies are called to take victims, like Scotty to sickbay, Spock goes back into Engineering to stop the radiation leak and releases Carbon 5 siliate into the room to neutralize the radiation that was effecting the crystals. as soon as the room is restored to normal, Spock checks the chamber and discovers that there is damage to the crystals, but it is minimal.

Spock> on intercom to bridge.

“Captain, Engineering had been cleared of the radiation and I will call relief teams in to man it. There is negligible damage to the dilithium crystals.”

*On the comm to Engenering*

>Kirk

Very well Mr. Spock. *Goes over to the Science Station* Crewman, distance to the ion storm?

> crewman

2,000 kilometres and closing sir.

>Kirk

Keep me updated on our position to the ion storm. Now have you been able to isolate what is pulling us towards the storm? *Looks at the crewman with a don't give me a Spock answer on his face*

>Kirk

*Looks back at the crewman sitting at the science station*

What's our distance from the storm?