Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Would u cope?

How would u have coped as a crewman on Voyager? I'd have killed Neelix lomg ago :) But seriously. Separated by friends and family would be depressing

I think I'd be devistated at first, but in a situation like that, people have a tendancy to adapt and adjust to their settings. With so many repairs needing to be done, and being under attack on Voyager, I think I'd be too busy to worry excesivly about home untill we'd been lost for a while. :)

Stardate:213521.4

I would try not to think about and keep myself busy so it wouldnt bother me.

I would also look for some work to do. I would trust my captain to find a way back home.

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'd keep myself as busy as possible so I didn't have time to think about it. During the quiet times when you're just alone with your thoughts it would be very depressing. At least they had a ship full of people who knew what they were going through. It would be worse if you had to go through it alone.

I guess I'd deal. I'd probably even learn to love it.

It would probably be hard at first, as all things are. But I'd soon get used to it.

Reason One: I have moved many times throughout my life, each time leaving people and places that I loved. Each time thinking that I'd never be able to cope, and never be able to accept my new place of residence. Each time proving myself wrong.

Reason Two: There was so much hope aboard that ship. Janeway always made sure her crew had hope. She never gave up, even though it was tempting at times. She kept on plodding along. That kind of strength in my captain would have given me strength as well. Her hope would rub off on me.

Reason Three: The people on that ship was so close. There really weren't that many people to begin with, and when you're stuck all alone a long way from home, you get a lot of bonding time in. Those people would grow to be more than just friends, but family. I think the crew of Voyager was one really big family. Voyager turned into a community during the seven years of its isolation. I know being I part of a community like that would have helped ease the emotional burden.

But I'd have killed Neelix, too.

Doesn't anyone besides me like Neelix?  :laugh:

I always liked Nelix, and thought he was often very instrumental in assisting the Captain and crew to survive in the Delta Quadrant.

I think the initial shock of being trapped and lost that far away from home would have been very difficult for me initially. I mean one can have all the training in the world for something. But you can't really know how you will trully respond in a give situation, until it happens to you. Everyone on Voyager was for the most part in the prime of their lives.......they thought they'd lost their familiesand their friends......everything they were familiar with, was now lost to them.....they didn't know what to expect, who to trust......their whole concept of reality was now null and void.......I guess if I were a part of the Voyager crew, just like they did: I would have to build new bonds, new realities, and closer relationships with the members of my crew. That would be the only way for me to maintain my sanity and curtail my preoccupations with my fears and all that I felt I had lost. :lol:

I would find really hard...

I'm a family person. Don't be able to communicate with them would be so hard.

But, well, it's not like you got a choice.

I would probably keep myself really really buzy. Find new hobby... learn a musical instrument perharps.

And write a diary about my experiences

Doesn't anyone besides me like Neelix?  :lol:

:bow:Yes I do, I like his character.

:laugh: And I would have coped very easily. Cause, that means I get to leave Homer behind. :P :lol:

Besides I'd be to busy chasing Chakotay around :P :laugh:

I probably would have ended up in the brig for trying to incite mutiny.Janeway,in my opinion,turned down so many good chances to get home for personal reasons.Like the Q2 incident.She placed 1 being's rights above the desires of her entire crew to get home to their loved ones.There's just no way the good of the one takes precedence over the good of the many.There are other examples,too.I definitely would have tried to make changes,and would have in all likelihood been killed or arrested or abandoned on a class-m world somewhere. :look:

I probably would have ended up in the brig for trying to incite mutiny.Janeway,in my opinion,turned down so many good chances to get home for personal reasons.Like the Q2 incident.She placed 1 being's rights above the desires of her entire crew to get home to their loved ones.There's just no way the good of the one takes precedence over the good of the many.There are other examples,too.I definitely would have tried to make changes,and would have in all likelihood been killed or arrested or abandoned on a class-m world somewhere. :unsure:

But had they got home at the sacrifice of another then they would not have been able to enjoy the rest of their time on earth, knowing what they had done and unable to correct it. It's like you'd rather be a poor man that who could sleep at night than a rich man who couldnt! Anyway, by adhering to a good set of principals you can never go wrong. In exceptional circumstances you may lose out. But over all, you are a winner.

Sure, you'd be separated from friends and family. While you wouldn't be able to make up for the family... that requires a blood line, you could make up for the friends which can, in time, beccome almost as good as family. I think Harry Kim proved that with his speech in the last epi!.

I do not think I would be handle the dissapointment, sadly to say I think I would of committed sucicide. Just to know that the people I love are out there thinking I'm probably dead would have me heartbroken, but I have always thought about leaving home and never returning, my home isnt bad its just so hard to be open to the ones you love, to live lies just to make them happy. The only person who I truly like in this world is my mother, everyone seems to betray people have critical views and just be selish. Yes they do have people who care for people, but what 10% out of 90%, who really truly would care for people. After a while for being depressed I think that I would eventually get over it, but I would really think about staying with a friendly alien civilization, maybe telepaths, not the ones in Remember, but ones more powerful and strong. I love psychology and the mind and I would spend hours with a telepath allowing him to go inside my mind and take control to study me and my past, to understand how I hurt and feel. I will tell the culture about humans and how horrible they can be, and also their strengths and greatness, but I would tell them that they should never visit the planet if they have the opportunity, beucase of the bias minds that are against anyone who want to be different. I would never regret living with another alien civilization.

:bow: Bel Ami :)