Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

What would get you more involved?

What would get you more involved in the RPG forum?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What would get you more involved in the RPG forum?

• Starting a new TNG RPG
    • Starting a TOS RPG
    • Starting a VOY RPG
    • Starting a DS9 RPG
    • Starting another type of RPG (Please specify)
    • Nothing (I don't like RPG's)
    • Other (please specify)

I have noticed that the Current RPG is not receiving much participation and I wanted your input to try to get more people involved.

I voted for 'Start a Voy RPG'

But, the other reason I haven't been participating, is because I kind of came in late and I'm kind of bad at stepping in in the middle of an RPG. JMO.

But, the other reason I haven't been participating, is because I kind of came in late and I'm kind of bad at stepping in in the middle of an RPG. JMO.

Okay, I will get a VOY one started, got any suggestions for a starting point?

I voted for TOS, I mean who wouldn't want to role play as Kirk or Spock.

Okay sounds good to me, I will get a post for one started up for that as well. Any suggestions on a starting point just PM me.

Okay, I will get a VOY one started, got any suggestions for a starting point?

For a starting point in the RPG? Umm...Perhaps we could kind of start halfway through the series, maybe the third year or so. That way we have more room to make up species and such :laugh:

oops, i missed this thread

...i think that maybe in the middle of the 6th or 7th season would be good :lol:

hey what about an ENT RPG? might as well get them all in there :laugh:

Hey, I have a request. A friend of mine and I want to do a Roswell vs. Smallville RPG, but have no where to do it aside from e-mail.

My question is this: Are there any people who have watched enough of either show to be interrested? You don't have to have seen both shows, seeing one will do. :laugh:

Hey, I have a request.  A friend of mine and I want to do a Roswell vs. Smallville RPG, but have no where to do it aside from e-mail.

My question is this: Are there any people who have watched enough of either show to be interrested?  You don't have to have seen both shows, seeing one will do. :laugh:

I have decided that for now there will only be Trek RPG's here. I think that we have enough trek to keep us occupied with the RPG's and I do not see a demand for RPG's on other shows right now.

:laugh:Here's one for you ddillard! I started one called "RED ALERT" "RED ALERT". It's basically an everything thread. It is supposed to include all of TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY. But no one is playing that way. So, It ended up being an everything and anything Thread. So, How about one where anything can happen. Sort of like the one VBG started, way back when. :lol:

:lol: Here's one for you ddillard! I started one called "RED ALERT" "RED ALERT". It's basically an everything thread. It is supposed to include all of TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY. But no one is playing that way. So, It ended up being an everything and anything Thread. So, How about one where anything can happen. Sort of like the one VBG started, way back when. :laugh:

I have consulted with other mods on this issue and it has been decided that the Red Alert Thread should remain in Off topics, as it is not a true Cannon based RPG.

:clap:Here's one for you ddillard! I started one called "RED ALERT" "RED ALERT". It's basically an everything thread. It is supposed to include all of TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY. But no one is playing that way. So, It ended up being an everything and anything Thread. So, How about one where anything can happen. Sort of like the one VBG started, way back when. :clap:

I have consulted with other mods on this issue and it has been decided that the Red Alert Thread should remain in Off topics, as it is not a true Cannon based RPG.

:clap:OK! Then how about one combining TOS, TNG, DS9, and VOY. The reason I am asking this, is that the single thread or individuals are to limited as far as people that can get involved. The interaction on the ones that are start, seem slow, that might be why not that many people get involved. This is just an idea! :clap:

Here is an idea for an RPG. How about a time travel episode. Something like Trial and Tribulations. Start with the cast of DS9 mixed a little with the cast of TNG. They go back in time to the time of TOS. Now what would be a good subject? How about they end up in Organia. The place where the Kirk and company had to make peace with a Klingon ship.

Is there a reason for no ENT RPG? Also I'd rather make-up my own character than take on one of the existing characters (especially any of the female characters on ENT).

Personally, I've never done this before but I just read the ENT novel Enterprise where the B story concerned an RPG - it was a little more organized. I don't expect anyone to go to that sort of trouble but it might help those who hate to jump into the middle of an ongoing "event" to have have time specific or objective specific role plays. In other words start a new story line every month or have a "goal" before starting each new role play such as save people from a dying planet etc.

I would like to be in on one of these.

It is completely exceptable for people to create characters to a point, just run it past me before you start with the character. And with our RPG's there is alot of opportunity for more people to participate, we need bad guys, and the bad guy ships need a crew, so you can create a character on another ship. Just as was done in the TOS thread by creating the Romulan commander. All I ask is that the RPG's be kept within canon as much as possible when creating the character's and not creating a lot of new races that we never met. But if you have any idea for a new character just let me know and we will look at it.

Voted other, I do not hate RPG's but never particpated in them much. Hmmm, if one strikes my fancy I just may start participating..

As far as a ENT~RPG. I do plan to start one in the near future. I have just been very busy with work and getting ready to move, as well as some other personal issues that have been going on in my life and have not had the time to create it yet. Just give me a couple weeks and I will get it started.

Yillara Soong,

How would you like to be put in charge of a small task force of colony ships? "Embassy Fleet". A reverse "Battlestar Galactica" where you're seeking out a new world in the Delta Quadrant, leading a contingent of Angosian Transports with a refit Phobos-Class starship with Sovereign-Class technology. You're going up against The Voth & Klingons of "the old way"....evading the Borg & trying to unite the Talaxians, the Briori & the Brunali in a new mission of hope for the Federation. :unsure:

Starting another type of RPG

I rather make it up and pretend it's 6 series.

I think that's a great idea. New series, new characters. It would be more interesting.

I will look into the new series idea. But keep in mind that if we do go this route each person will have to compose a Bio for the characters that they create and send it to me before the RPG would begin so that I can know the general info on the character.

I really do not like to RPG, so i voted Nothing, the only RPG game i was in was Earth: 2025 and that got dry.

:unsure: Bel Ami ;)