Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Upgrade Completed

They work on all other sites but this one

Are any of the sites using Invision Power Board ver. 2.1.2? Also, do you have an old computer? Or are you using Firefox?

You must need to upgrade your Java, I've tried them on several computers using several different browsers and they all work.

Try this, click on "Show All" under the smilie box and look at the codes for each smilie. For instance the code for this smilie :biggrin: is this:

:huh: 

Copy a couple of those codes into a post and see if the smilies show up when you post. If they do but you still can't click on the smilies and make them work then it's your Java.

I don't have Java. They all work for me :bow:

I'd almost be willing to bet that you have Java installed in some form because the clickable smilies use Java. Right click on one of them and click "copy shortcut" then right click in the text area and click "paste" and you should see text similar to this: "javascript:emoticon(':biggrin:', 'smid_15')" which shows that the clickable smilies are javascript.

javascript:emoticon(':biggrin:', 'smid_4')

Strange. But the chat room doesn't work. I had to uninstall my Java due to space.

I'm on Firefox and the smilies don't work for me. I also have the latest of Java.

But I've remembered most of the codes and I hand-type all html codes, img codes etc.

It's good pratice for my uni course next year

I'm on Firefox and the smilies don't work for me. I also have the latest of Java.

But I've remembered most of the codes and I hand-type all html codes, img codes etc.

It's good pratice for my uni course next year

:biggrin: :bow: Umm, I am on Firefox and have the latest updates of Java. And I can see and use the smilies as I have always done.

Unless it has to do with updated versions of Firefox itself. I tend to update as soon as I get the little icon appearing in the corner of the browser window. Because there has been numerous times when functions stopped working on this site and on others... like the inability to see images from some locations. Once I updated Firefox the problems seemed to disappear

Edited by Yillara_Skye