Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

The Blob comes ashore...

I'd say it is a giant squid or octopus.

They thought it was a jellyfish! Between the fact of rip tides and articles liker htese is why i dont go to the beach much.

other two reasons(sunburn VERY quickly-even witgh sunscreen, and I dont swim very well-though i like swimming)

1. "The Blob" scared me to death when I was a kid.

2. "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." (excuse the slight misquote)

3. The ocean is one of the last great frontiers on an earth that constantly surprises us.

4. I wouldn't touch that thing with a 100 foot pole!

I suppose it could be a jellyfish but it looks to me like something I've seen investigated on a science show.

Every time I am in the sea, I wonder what that is, brushing against my feet ;);)

1.  "The Blob" scared me to death when I was a kid.

2.  "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." (excuse the slight misquote)

3.  The ocean is one of the last great frontiers on an earth that constantly surprises us.

4.  I wouldn't touch that thing with a 100 foot pole!

Stardate:213501.9

That movie scared me too.After i saw it i had nightmares for weeks.Even now i wont watch it even if i was paid too.

Weird ;) ...Personaly, I think that the theory about it being a piece of whale sounds plausable. Or some gigantic overgrown jellyfish.

Okay, next time I go to the beach, I'm not going very far in...

As others here have said, this is another example of why, even though I live in a Navy town and very near the ocean, I don't like swimming in the sea. I admit it's one of my phobias but there are too many things in the ocean that are bigger than I am. It wouldn't surprise me to discover that whatever it is, was brought to the surface by perhaps some navy sonar experiment. We're already confusing and damaging the whales and dolphins that use sound in water for communication and finding mates. Whatever else is down there may not like what we're doing up here.