Sign in to follow this  
Epsilon

Favourite Character

Who was your favourite character from "Star Trek: The Next Generation"? Mine was Picard. He was portrayed very well. I thoroughly enjoying watching the character develop.

Stardate:213493.3

Well as you can see from my Avatar mine is Data.

My favourite was Captain Picard, with Data a close second. Although when I first watched the show I identified more with Commander Riker (Before he became too serious).

I also (dare I say it) liked the trio of Data, Geordi and Polaski in season two! :)

Probably pretty obvious for me as well. Of the regular crew Data is my favourite and Picard is my second favourite. You can tell by my avatar though that I just love Lore too.

datalore.gifnakid2.gif

I'm going with Picard, he is a great character and Patrick Stewart does a very good job potraying him.. Second is Q and Data.

I guess I won't have to tell which char of TNG I like the most...

But I do it anyway:

JEAN-LUC

JEAN-LUC

JEAN-LUC :) :(

:(

Mrs. Captain Picard

My personal favorite would have to be Data.  I can't believe he's really gone. :)

Dont worry my friend..I dont think he is gone. He'll be back somehow!

Just to break the theme running here...

Geordi :)

Data and Riker are my next faves, though.

OH! it great to see that Geordi has a fan here! I have always liked him and I think Levar is a wonderful actor and seems to be one of the deep down nicest guys! :(

I would feel right if as a "Data drooler" :(, if I didn't like the character who was/is his best friend! Geordi is very cool!

Data. And it's a funny story, that one. Data was my favorite before I even knew who he really was. Before I even watched Star Trek on a regular basis. Before I knew what Star Trek really was. When I was little, I watched snippets from episodes, never really understanding them. I can remember seeing at most about three. But I knew most of the character's names and the name of the ship and things like that. And I remember liking Data. I didn't know who he was, really, all I knew was that he was an android. But when I saw him on the screen, I'd point him out. And I was worried when something bad was happening to him.

And now that I do understand Star Trek and have been "introduced" to the characters and have had a chance to evaluate them on a better basis, Data is still my favorite. He is so very smart and skilled. He is capable of so much. And yet with all the things that he can do... things that are far beyond anything a mere Human can accomplish, there are things he can't do. Things we take for granted and regard as simple. He can't feel... he can't love, hate, cry (er... maybe he can... but he can't feel sad). He can't taste his fruit smoothies. He can't comprehend humor, and he has to practice sneezing. Yet he tries. He tries so hard to be Human and do Human things. He tries so hard to understand their behavior and act like them. He had a dream, and he pursued it to the end. Even in his last actions he was trying to fulfill that dream.

That's why I like him. Not just because of his cleverness and cuteness (though those are factors) but because of his perseverence in following a dream that is almost, but not entirely, impossible.

1st - Picard - British Actor commanding a starship :(

2nd - Q - annoying :(

3rd - Barclay - always getting into trouble :)

Data.  And it's a funny story, that one.  Data was my favorite before I even knew who he really was.  Before I even watched Star Trek on a regular basis.  Before I knew what Star Trek really was.  When I was little, I watched snippets from episodes, never really understanding them.  I can remember seeing at most about three.  But I knew most of the character's names and the name of the ship and things like that.  And I remember liking Data.  I didn't know who he was, really, all I knew was that he was an android.  But when I saw him on the screen, I'd point him out.  And I was worried when something bad was happening to him.

And now that I do understand Star Trek and have been "introduced" to the characters and have had a chance to evaluate them on a better basis, Data is still my favorite.  He is so very smart and skilled.  He is capable of so much.  And yet with all the things that he can do... things that are far beyond anything a mere Human can accomplish, there are things he can't do.  Things we take for granted and regard as simple.  He can't feel... he can't love, hate, cry (er... maybe he can... but he can't feel sad).  He can't taste his fruit smoothies.  He can't comprehend humor, and he has to practice sneezing.  Yet he tries.  He tries so hard to be Human and do Human things.  He tries so hard to understand their behavior and act like them.  He had a dream, and he pursued it to the end.  Even in his last actions he was trying to fulfill that dream.

That's why I like him.  Not just because of his cleverness and cuteness (though those are factors) but because of his perseverence in following a dream that is almost, but not entirely, impossible.

Beedrill, that was really well thought out. brilliant story! And pretty good description, too

Definately Data is my favorite Next Generation character..Although Riker is a close second...It doesn't feel right that Data is gone..I hope he comes back somehow..

Definately Data is my favorite Next Generation character..Although Riker is a close second...It doesn't feel right that Data is gone..I hope he comes back somehow..

Yes, I agree..

TNG without Data is... something else.

*nostalgic moment.. *snif* :laugh: *

I guess you can all guess figure out who my favorite character is in the ST universe is but I really like Picard and Worf from TNG.

Data.  And it's a funny story, that one.  Data was my favorite before I even knew who he really was.  Before I even watched Star Trek on a regular basis.  Before I knew what Star Trek really was.  When I was little, I watched snippets from episodes, never really understanding them.  I can remember seeing at most about three.  But I knew most of the character's names and the name of the ship and things like that.  And I remember liking Data.  I didn't know who he was, really, all I knew was that he was an android.  But when I saw him on the screen, I'd point him out.  And I was worried when something bad was happening to him.

And now that I do understand Star Trek and have been "introduced" to the characters and have had a chance to evaluate them on a better basis, Data is still my favorite.  He is so very smart and skilled.  He is capable of so much.  And yet with all the things that he can do... things that are far beyond anything a mere Human can accomplish, there are things he can't do.  Things we take for granted and regard as simple.  He can't feel... he can't love, hate, cry (er... maybe he can... but he can't feel sad).  He can't taste his fruit smoothies.  He can't comprehend humor, and he has to practice sneezing.  Yet he tries.  He tries so hard to be Human and do Human things.  He tries so hard to understand their behavior and act like them.  He had a dream, and he pursued it to the end.  Even in his last actions he was trying to fulfill that dream.

That's why I like him.  Not just because of his cleverness and cuteness (though those are factors) but because of his perseverence in following a dream that is almost, but not entirely, impossible.

Wow...well, not too much to add :clap:

Ya, he's my favourite character too, and Geordi, Barclay, and Ro, then Worf (I think) are next in that order. I haven't really decided on Worf, yet...anyways, Data all the way :laugh: :lol:

Edited by dsbs

nakid2.gif

Ahhhh, Takara had to post this gif again. The memories. There is no need to state who my favorite character is. I think it is pretty obvious with my name :biggrin: