Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Chef

Stardate:213488.9

I imagine so.Who else is gonna cook the food?

Stardate:213488.9

I imagine so.Who else is gonna cook the food?

Starfleet personnel assigned to that duty. Chef is a civilian (apparently) and a luxury. If I were a captain I don't know that I'd take him on such a dangerous mission.

Stardate:213490.6

Good point but I think that it all depends on whether he wants to or not.If he wants to go i cant see Archer telling him no.

I donno, the military in the U.S. has people who cook (I think) so he may be along for the ride, we'll see.

Yes, they do - I believe it's called KP. But they are actual members of the service - not civilians. And I bet most former servicement will tell you these cooks are not professional chefs.

I donno, the military in the U.S. has people who cook (I think) so he may be along for the ride, we'll see.

Yes, they do - I believe it's called KP. But they are actual members of the service - not civilians. And I bet most former servicement will tell you these cooks are not professional chefs.

I think my point was, Star Fleet may have Chef enlisted as crew, and part of Star Fleet, not civilian. So he may very well be going along with them. :(

Who else would cook Chicken Marsalla?

Certainly not Iron Chef Hoshi (Singularity)!

I have never seen it indicated that chef was not part of the Starfleet Crew. And also just because he is referred to as chef does not mean he is actually a chef. I have heard several of my friends in the military refer to the cooks as chef.

The Enterprise will have to have someone cook the food. If not Chef (whether or not he's Starfleet), then another chef or some non-com assigned KP.

Just watched "Fortunate Son" and they refered to Chef as best in Star Fleet so apparently he is Star Fleet. I guess he had the option though to stay behind like everyone else did - so for story changes I still wonder if they'll carry the character over.

:biggrin:

hahhahahahahahahah, the subject of this thread is the funniest thing Ive heard all day. Chef, oh man oh man.

Anyway, to put in my two bits, Id like to see Chef go a bit bonkers...MAD, if you will in the Expanse. Mebbe an episode where certain crew start freaking out and it shows Chef running around chasin Porthos with a cleaver talking about vietnamese food or something. Is it vietnamese food...?