Sign in to follow this  
Lollypop

Philadelphia Experiment

philadelphia.anim.gif

The Philadelphia Experiment is an alleged United States Navy experiment (Project Rainbow) done on October 28, 1943. According to legend, the destroyer USS Eldridge was made invisible, dematerialized, and teleported from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Norfolk, Virginia, and back again to the Philadelphia Naval Yard. The experiment allegedly had such terrible side effects, such as making sailors invisible and causing them to go mad, that the Navy quit exploring this exciting new technology.

The experiment was allegedly done by Dr. Franklin Reno as an application of Einstein's unified field theory. The experiment supposedly demonstrated a successful connection between gravity and electromagnetism: electromagnetic space-time warping.

The Philadelphia Experiment is an alleged United States Navy experiment (Project Rainbow) done on October 28, 1943. According to legend, the destroyer USS Eldridge was made invisible, dematerialized, and teleported from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, to Norfolk, Virginia, and back again to the Philadelphia Naval Yard. The experiment allegedly had such terrible side effects, such as making sailors invisible and causing them to go mad, that the Navy quit exploring this exciting new technology.

The experiment was allegedly done by Dr. Franklin Reno as an application of Einstein's unified field theory. The experiment supposedly demonstrated a successful connection between gravity and electromagnetism: electromagnetic space-time warping.

I saw that movie...it was called The Philadelphia Experiment. In the movie the sailors re-materialized in the deck of the ship...really gross.

I saw that movie...it was called The Philadelphia Experiment. In the movie the sailors re-materialized in the deck of the ship...really gross.

I saw the film too, but that was only a film. :laugh:

I don't think they would accomplish something like that and quit because of health concerns. At about the same time they were exposing people to radiation "to see what would happen" and not treating syphillis "to see what would happen". Besides someone in the private sector would have gotten wind of it and be rich by now.

B) THANK YOU LOLLYPOP. THAT WAS PART OF MY FAMILY HISTORY I'D LIKE TO FORGET! NOT MAD. :( :lol: JUST ONE OF THOSE SCARE THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO RELATIVES OF MINE. B) :P SHHHHHHH, BUT IT ACTUALLY CAUSED A STRANGE PARA-NORMAL OCCURRENCE TO HAPPEN IN THE FAMILY. B) :( SORRY CAN'T SAY WHAT!! ;)

B) THANK YOU LOLLYPOP.  THAT WAS PART OF MY FAMILY HISTORY I'D LIKE TO FORGET! NOT MAD.  :(  :lol: JUST ONE OF THOSE SCARE THINGS THAT HAPPEN TO RELATIVES OF MINE. B)  :P SHHHHHHH, BUT IT ACTUALLY CAUSED A STRANGE PARA-NORMAL OCCURRENCE TO HAPPEN IN THE FAMILY.  B)  :(  SORRY CAN'T SAY WHAT!! ;)

I would love to ask you questions, but I respect your silence. :)

I was under the impression that the experiment was an attempt to make a ship invisible to the radar of the time, not to actually make it dematerialize. Of course using high band electromagnetic waves would be unhealthy to living tissue and I could see where the brain could possibly be affected from close proximity to the wave emiters. I guess I need to see if any information on the experiment is actually de-classified now. It might be interesting to see if any of Tesla's formulas may have been part of the mix. Does anyone have any further info to share?

I think the Philadelphia Experiment really took place.But,then again,I believe in ghosts,demonic possession,haunted houses,bigfoot,the yeti,the loch ness monster,area 51,etc.Life's too boring not to believe in this stuff! :look:

it made a cool movie, and i do beleive that something of the sort did happen. our governemnt does way too many things that they dont tell us about. but alas i guess all we can do is speculate wether or not it really did, and if it did what did go down.

Add the name admiralpeewee to the list of those who suspect this event did take place....

now whether or not it succeeded.... :clap:

I'll get back to you on that one

:dude:

I think the Philadelphia Project actually took place, but then again I believe in several things, and enjoy conspiracies.

doctorwho42avenger@hotmail.com

:eek::assimilated::dude::dude: :) :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::dude::dude::dude: :) :assimilated::assimilated::assimilated:

"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, that perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone." -The Twilight Zone, "The Last Flight" (2/5/60), 1st season