• Choral performance
    • Ballet
    • Modern Dance
    • Opera
    • Symphony
    • Poetry Reading
    • Art Exhibit - modern art & sculpture
    • Art Musuem - standing collections

I've been to everything except a poetry reading; I would probably have to choose ballet as my ultimate favorite.

I've seen some Shakespeare I really enjoyed - and some that was painful to sit through. Living in DC was great because they had free stuff (and some very expensive)

I liked Tallahasse because FSU had student productions. Those are the things I miss most living in a small town.

I chose Symphony. I have done it in the past and loved it, so I would choose to go see one again...especially a famous group.

TheUnicornHunter, did you ever hear of the Tallahassee Swing Band?

I voted symphony. Hands down, that's be my favorite. Pure orchestral bliss, that's what I say. I'm actually going to a Boston Pops concert this summer with the Pops, John Williams, and Josh Groban. I also plan to attend my local orchestra's pops and classical concerts in the fall and winter. I love this stuff.

~Conor

I voted theatre although it was a hard choice as I love going to the ballet, symphony and Shakespeare festivals as much. I wish I could go more often but I just don't have the money. I'm lucky that where I live we have so many incredible arts groups - The Royal Winnipeg Ballet, The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra, Manitoba Theatre Centre (William Hurt was here this spring for a production) and so many other amazing organizations. I also had the great good fortune of attending a play at the Stratford Festival in Stratford, Ontario - it's definitely one of the best Shakespeare festivals anywhere.

I voted Ballet. My daughter dances and last performed as Hermia in A Midsummer Night's Dream. She is currently studying with one of the top ballet schools in the country.

Everyting except Modern Dance and Poetry Reading.

Top four choices: Art Exhibition, Opera, Symphony, Theatre/Musical.

Opera/Musicals:Loved Carmina Burana, Die Fledimaus (sp?), Slyvia,Lucia De Lammermore (sp?), Merry Widow, Cats, Phantom

Plays- P.S. Your Cat Is Dead, Nine

At the Art Gallery- Surrealist Painters, Van Gogh, Leonardo Di Vinci, Pre Raphaelites, and Pop Art exhibitions.

Symphony- Would love to hear Berloiz's Symphonie Fantastique one day.

Love to spend a day at the Cultural Centre...just so expensive...like everyone else I just don't get there often enough for my liking.

I voted Ballet naturally, being a former ballerina.

I liked Tallahasse because FSU had student productions. Those are the things I miss most living in a small town.

Tallahasse and FSU does have some great cultural events. The FSU Dance Department is rated 2nd in the nation amongst its peers.

I would prefer Shakespeare festival... Just to see what is so special about him (I never got that because I have not read anything of him but Romeo and Juliet).....

Mrs. Captain Picard

I would prefer Shakespeare festival... Just to see what is so special about him (I never got that because I have not read anything of him but Romeo and Juliet).....

Mrs. Captain Picard

Nothing but Romeo and Juliet :)

You have to see Midsummers Night Dream, absolutly hillarious!!!

I love Shakespears plays, we just finished Romeo and Juliet in English(Love that play) last year we did Midsummers Night Dream, and the year before that we touched on Hamelet. B)

They are a little hard to understand, I really hope you get a chance to see some more of his plays.

Mrs. Captain Picard

I don't get as much from reading as I do seeing the play. And it is amazing how different productions of the same play can be so totally different. For movies, I thought Kenneth Branagh's Henry V and Much ado About Nothing were great. I attended the Southern Utah Shakespeare festival a couple of times and it was absolutely incredible. At the time they were rated second only to Ashland Oregon but I don't know how things are now. I also saw some great Shakespeare in Washington, DC; they had a traditional well-established company which gave free summer performances in an outdoor theatre. They also had a new company that did very innovative work. On the other hand I've seen some stinkers. I'd recommend starting with one of the movies and I do read the play before seeing it.

Mrs. Captain Picard

If you can't get out to the theatre to see Shakespeare I would like to recommend the following movies that I believe are all still available on video/DVD:

70m.jpg01m.jpg30m.jpg

All three of these films are very true to Shakespeare's plays. Kenneth Branagh starred in and directed all three. They are excellent!!!

Theater, always has been interesting(Iam a former actress-high school).. though so is Shakespeare, Symphony(musician), Ballet(returning to ballet as soon as possible), ...hmmm there is a lot. OK, so where would Cirque du Soleil, any of their shows fit in. Imean it is definately more than a circus...and I have seen many shows on TV, and want to go to one.

And Takara, I agree! All three of those are EXCELLENT..even though I prefer Mel Gibson's version of Hamlet.

Mrs. Captain Picard

If you can't get out to the theatre to see Shakespeare I would like to recommend the following movies that I believe are all still available on video/DVD:

70m.jpg01m.jpg30m.jpg

All three of these films are very true to Shakespeare's plays. Kenneth Branagh starred in and directed all three. They are excellent!!!

I agree - excellent movies

Well, thank you very much!

I put them on my list of DVDs/Videos I want to buy soon. Thank you!

Mrs. Captain Picard

Well I like symphonies and I like to go to an art museum every once in a while.

It has been a long time since I actually been to a symphony, but the last time I went I enjoyed myself. The same goes with an art museum.

For me it is really a tie between the two – I can’t pick

I have seen a movie on that play. Truthfully I never really liked it that much. It does have its moments, but overall I don’t really care for it.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

Well I like symphonies and I like to go to an art museum every once in a while.

It has been a long time since I actually been to a symphony, but the last time I went I enjoyed myself. The same goes with an art museum.

For me it is really a tie between the two – I can’t pick

I have seen a movie on that play. Truthfully I never really liked it that much. It does have its moments, but overall I don’t really care for it.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I guess it depends on the interpritation. I saw one on vidio that I didn't really enjoy too much, but I saw it in theater once...OMG, I was laughing so hard!!!

The fairys...One of them was a middle aged man, wearing a ballet skirt, with boxers underneath, no shirt, and hiking boots. The other one was a very tall African American, also in the ballet skirt, boxers and boots with a very strikingly aweful red wig on.

That play definatly ranks up on my top 5 ever seen... :)