Sign in to follow this  
hangon

Fantastic 4

After watching the cartoon and reading the comics i was kinda hoping one day they would make a Fantastic 4 movie :hug: ..created at Marvel (spiderman,x-men etc etc) its tipped to be a box office smash this summer :P ...for those who wanna watch the trailer here is the link :)

FANTASTIC 4

i JUST WANTED TO MENTION HOW julian mcmahon ( DR DOOM) IS THE HOTTEST MAN ALIVE

Now that i got that outa my system. I am going to meet all of them on Tuesday in NY.. I'll tell you all how it goes and how many times i am Tazered

Now that i got that outa my system. I am going to meet all of them on Tuesday in NY.. I'll tell you all how it goes and how many times i am Tazered

333858[/snapback]

:hug:

I'm looking forward to this movie. What's the exact release date; I forgot.

i JUST WANTED TO MENTION HOW julian mcmahon ( DR DOOM) IS THE HOTTEST MAN ALIVE

You only think that because you've never seen me. :hug:

It will probably do well, but honestly it looks pretty crap.

The casting is terrible. A male bimbo for Johnny Storm. Jessica Alba looks terrible as Sue, and the Welsh guy from "Hornblower" as Reed Richards??? Awful.

As for Ben Grimm, that character should have been completely CGI and not some guy in a suit.

Dr. Doom looks terrible. Instead of being a "Generic-Evil-Bad-Guy" like he seems to be portrayed as in this movie, Victor Von Doom is supposed to be a dark and complex character who can't really be called "evil". The whole point of him being the monarch of his own nation is that he's actually supposed to be a very good leader who protects his people and has his own code of honour. Also because he's a Head Of State, the F4 can't just kill or capture the guy because of his diplomatic standing.

Instead of all that, in this movie he's just a brainless evil character played by some no-name wimp.

Awful.

After watching the cartoon and reading the comics i was kinda hoping one day they would make a Fantastic 4 movie

This is actually the 2nd Fantastic Four movie made. Marvel made one years ago that never made it to the big screen. I have it on video.

Ha Ha M_5 :hug:

King. Don't like the movie.. Don't watch it.. I am sure us female fans will be in the teatre in droves

Ah Julian..Ah FF

Ah Summer blockbuster

Kor is it any ood, the original

333996[/snapback]

No. It sucks. They had a nobody cast and awful special effects. This was back when Marvel thought they could make their own movies without the help of a real movie studio. I actually picked up the tape at a Star Trek con.

The original Fantastic Four movie was crap.

Intentionally so.

The company that owned the rights to make that movie would have lost the rights if they didn't make the movie, so to hold onto their rights they made a low budget movie that in actual fact was never meant to be released or seen by anyone.

It was an odd situation but they simply put together the cheapest movie they could to avoid legal problems with losing the rights.

Another weird video I have is a pilot for a TV show featuring a live action Justice League.

I'd like to see a Marvel movie where some other superheros meet. They all basically live in NY anyway. The X-Men were even mentioned in Spider-man.

333858[/snapback]

:)

333969[/snapback]

July the 8th Ace old buddy :hug:

333858[/snapback]

:)

333969[/snapback]

July the 8th Ace old buddy :)

334220[/snapback]

Thanks man. :)

Funny, Ioan Gruffuds (former Horatio Hornblower) is the reason I plan to see this movie. I haven't seen the fantastic four since I was a kid and they were on Saturday morning cartoons (and that was a long time ago)

Also, I expect Michael Chiklis (Grimm) to do an great job. He's garnered lots of recognition for some of his other word.

Don't know who the other guys are :)

Edited by TheUnicornHunter

(from imdb.com)

Julian McMahon

Date of birth (location)

27 July 1968

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Birth name

Julian Dana William McMahon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Height

6' 3" (1.91 m)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini biography

Julian McMahon was the second of three children. His father is the former Prime Minetser of Australia ,his mother member of the Lancaster family of Britian.He studied law at the University of Sydney, but he became bored with his classes after his first year and began a career in modeling, working primarily in commercials. In 1987, he headed off for print modeling assignments in Los Angeles, New York, Milan, Rome, Paris, and other international fashion centers. His appearance in a TV commercial promoting jeans in his home country made him popular enough to be cast as the lead in an Australian "Dynasty"-like series, in which he played a wealthy heir. After working for 18 months on the series, he starred in "Home and Away" (1988), another successful series, where he won a best actor award from a national magazine.

McMahon later performed on stage, appearing in a musical version of "Home and Away" in Britain as well as in "Love Letters" in Sydney and Melbourne. After a lead role in the feature film Wet and Wild Summer! (1992) (which also starred Elliott Gould), he went to Los Angeles to read for American projects.

In 1992, he was cast as Ian Rain on NBC's daytime drama "Another World" (1964). Two years later, he left to appear in various plays in Los Angeles. He also appeared in the feature film Magenta (1996) before landing his role on "Profiler" (1996).

In his free time, McMahon enjoys surfing, biking, and "cooking anything" (especially roasts, pastas and ethnic cuisine). He is a fan of baseball, football and basketball, and he collects classic books.

Actor - filmography

(In Production) (2000s) (1990s) (1980s)

Prisoner (2005) (post-production) .... Derek Plato

Fantastic Four (2005) .... Victor Von Doom/Doctor Doom

Meet Market (2004) .... Hutch

"Nip/Tuck" (2003) TV Series .... Christian Troy

Another Day (2001) (TV) .... David

... aka Passion impossible (Canada: French title)

"Charmed" (1998) TV Series .... Asst. D.A. Cole Turner (2000-2003)

Chasing Sleep (2000) .... George

... aka Insomnies (Canada: French title) (France)

In Quiet Night (1998) .... Hayes

... aka You Belong to Me Forever (USA: TV title)

"Profiler" (1996) TV Series .... Det. John Grant (1996-2000)

Magenta (1996) .... Michael Walsh

"Another World" (1964) TV Series .... Ian Rain (1992-1994)

... aka Another World: Bay City

Wet and Wild Summer! (1992) .... Mick Dooley

... aka Exchange Lifeguards (Australia)

"Home and Away" (1988) TV Series .... Ben Lucini (1989-1991)

"The Power, the Passion" (1989) TV Series .... Kane Edmonds

emmy.jpg

He is a very talented actor who is best known for Cole Turner on Charmned. But he has proven to be a Golden Globe Nominee for Nip/Tuck as Dr Christian Troy.. And ofcourse he is in the running for James Bond. He is talented as well as handsome. So there..

The more you know...

LOL i started this thread but never gave my opinion of it :lol: ..anyway i went to see it with my little sister this afternoon and its the second time i have seen it and all i can say is "Fantastic film" :lol: it was funny,sad and plenty of action,not another Hulk.. IMO much better...rate 8/10starwarsobiwankenobi5id8fh.gif

I thought it was a terrible movie.

Chris Evans and the actor who played Ben Grimm were the highlights of the movie with their dialogue, but Ioan and Alba were pathetic and were out of their depth.

Julian McMahon was a poor Doctor Doom. The character was badly written and one of the most complex and deep villain characters in the MARVEL universe was reduced to simply a cardboard evil guy with no redeeming features at all who just killed for the slightest of reasons. Throwing in a few random references to Latveria did not fool me. The reduction of Victor Von Doom from a complicated sympathetic character into a generic evil bloke killed the whole movie for me, despite what a few silly little girls may say while they wipe the drool from their mouths.

The whole plot strand of the board of directors turning against Von Doom was lifted directly from the first Spider-Man movie. It was practically Norman Osborn all over again.

Well, hopefully in ten years or so they can make a proper version of the Fantastic Four, like Batman Begins and forget about this piss poor version.

I actually liked this movie but I agree with The King about Dr. Doom. He was awful and nothing like the character in the comic books.