Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Katie Holmes will NOT Be In Next Batman Film

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman have signed to star in a second Batman movie, but love interest Katie Holmes has been dropped. Movie bosses are thrilled with the response to Batman Begins - it took $46.9 million in its first weekend at the US box office - and have snapped up the film's stars for a sequel. Bale as Batman was the first to put pen to paper, followed by Caine as butler Alfred and Freeman as Bruce Wayne's business associate Lucius Fox. But Holmes won't reprise her role as district attorney Rachel Dawes - reportedly because Warner Bros is angry her engagement to Tom Cruise has stolen media attention away from the movie. A source tells Pagesix.Com, "Everyone is in agreement that the movie's strength is with Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman." Adding of Holmes, "She won't be in the sequel... the next romantic interest will be a much stronger actress. Warner is happy that people are now focusing on who'll be playing the Joker rather than Katie and Tom."

END OF ARTICLE

I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't see the movie for Katie Holmes, I went for Batman.

At another site I frequent the concensus was the film was excellent and the only thing about Katie Holmes that grabbed screen time was the fact that she always seemed "cold". :(

:( I won't be sorry to see her go, imo she was only stone around the films neck anyway; she came across as sorry to be there so good riddance.

She's a nice girl, but was really unnecessary in the movie.

They should have featured Harvey Dent as the District Attorney of Gotham City rather than her character which seemed to be shoehorned into the movie simply to add a pointless "love interest".

Adding Harvey Dent would have created the idea that he and Bruce Wayne were good friends, which will make it more profound when Dent eventually turns against Batman when he becomes Two-Face.

:( :) well then King, you'll be happy to know that I just now read that they plan to have Harvey Dent be the d.a. in the next film to set up for the third movie. So there you have it, as it stands now, Two-Face will be the villain in the third film.

Ahh, good.

If they wanted to tie it all together, then it should be Jack Napier/The Joker who scars Harvey Dent in court.

Batman fails to prevent it and so Dent develops a vendetta against him.

Using elements from the comic book, they can show that Dent was already a little unstable BEFORE he becomes Two-Face.

If they feature Harvey Dent as having mental problems before he becomes Two-Face, it might be good idea to show Edward Nygma as his shrink.

Later, Nygma can become The Riddler in Movie IV. He should be portrayed as a villain who messes with Batman's head using his knowledge of the human mind.

Edited by The King

Who is Katie Holmes?  I mean I heard someone of that name was engaged to Tom Cruise but what movies has she been in - besides Batman?

332815[/snapback]

Here's the link to Katie Holmes' bio at IMDB.

I can understand why the studio would be upset. Spend millions of dollars on publicity and all the media wants to talk about is Tom and Katie. Green.gifAaack.gif

It's a shame because it's ruined the promotion of two movies.

They should have done the smart thing and waited until both movies had been promoted and released before announcing their erm....."togetherness".

I think that Tom Cruise has gone off the deep end and Nicole Kidman jumped ship before he could take her with him.

Poor Katie Holmes ... she really is a pretty girl and could be a decent TELEVISION actress, but hooking up with Tom Cruise and L. Ron Hubbard is not going to further her career. Cruise has become just a little too creepy off-camera and Scientology is a bit of a fringe thing to put it mildly. Once you've established yourself as a big name star (Cruise, Travolta) perhaps your career can weather the fall-out of dyanetics, but Holmes has not reached the point in her career where she can throw caution to the wind and embrace and promote a cult.

I'll be seeing Batman for Christian Bale.

Please, do not take offense at the cult reference....I mean that most affectionately.

Edited by gul_nodrog

Is it just me or has she been smiling more now than before(Before the Scientology or Tom cruise).

It must be the happy fruit punch they give

Besides after 2 months you can't make the marriage decsion.

I'm with gul_nodrog on this one. In fact, I was almost tempted to buy one of those "Free Katie" shirts. lol. Tom just seems to be getting creepier by the day.

As for the thread topic, I haven't seen the film, but I doubt she has the ability to carry such an important role. She's a good actress, but she's not strong enough yet, imo.

If I were involved with the film, I would be bittersweet about the "TomKat" publicity. Yes, it's overshadowing the film, but it's also getting Batman Begins in the press a bit more.

Batman's love interest changed in each of the previous Batman movies, so it wasn't a big surprise for me that Kate Holms wasn't picked up. Besides, she looks just too young in Batman Begins. I must be really out of the loop since everyone is talking about movie's III and IV, are they redoing Batman and Batman Forever?

YES!!!!

sorry, I like Katie Holmes in some things, but in Batman, it made me wanna.....eh, nevermind. I'm just glad.

no, they are not redoing anything. This is a completely new universe a.k.a pretend the four movies before Batman Begins never existed. That's what this is. A fresh start, that's how they are bringing back these dead villains.

Originally, Katie Holmes was going to sign up to do two more sequels before the Tom thing got out of hand, so that's why it's news that she not going to be in the next one

hey, what're they gonna do about Rachel Dawes? Are they gonna have the Joker kill her or something? Or is she gonna go away?

I imagine that just like in the original Batman movies, there was a new female lead in just about every one.

hey, what're they gonna do about Rachel Dawes? Are they gonna have the Joker kill her or something? Or is she gonna go away?

333037[/snapback]

If they use the character again, they'll simply re-cast the part with another actress.