Sign in to follow this  
trek_dude

Hayden Christensen

This may be an unpopular opinion but am I the only one who thinks Hayden Christensen did a good job in the Star Wars Prequels.

He put a lot of emotion into the character of Anakin and he portrayed him in a way that made me feel his pain and anguish.

An example is when he finds his Mother in Tuskan Hut, that scene was wonderful, when he mother died, you could see the pain and anger in his face.

When i went to see Revenge of the Sith , again I thought he gave a wonderful performance.

Edited by trek_dude

I don't agree.

He may turn into an excellent actor, but I didn't care for him in Star Wars.

Yoda had more charisma than Hayden and Portman combined in that film.

I just replied to this thread in SWF. I thought Hayden had his parts...

But Tom Welling would have been a better Anakin.

i liked Hayden in the last movie becasue his nack for pouting but i thought the relation with padme was lax and had no emotion

Annakin in AOTC was nothing but a whinny crybaby, i blame Lucas for that, he grew up in ROTS and was quite good in it, I mean a Jedi doesnt show too much emotion, so its hard to talk about his performance

Yes, I thought that Hayden Christensen (sp?) did a decent job in both AotC and RotS. Natalie Portman was pretty boring, but really, you can't blame the actors for lackluster dialogue. At least the story is good, so you can pretty much overlook Lucas' mediocrity in the dialogue department. I'll cut him some slack for the good story.

I thought that Revenge of the Sith was the best of all six movies ... and I am old enough to have been in on the initial Star Wars mania having seen the first one in 1977 at the theatre. It was huge and hard to explain the fervor it caused at the time. However, now that I have the first five movies on DVD and have now seen the last one four times, I can honestly say that it is the movie that finally did justice to the SW story.

I also thought Hayden Christensen did a Decent job in eps II-III

and Yoda did have alot of the Charisma as well as Ewan McGregor in this conclusion in the Prequel Films("Young Obi-Wan Kenobi")did Justice to the SW story.

:thumbs: :P :eek: B)

I am avoiding ROTS for one reason, poorly written dialogue that belongs in a "I can write" book. I have seen enough excerts online.

Just give me pactric Stewart. HC proabbly can act his little socks off, he was given poor material with which to work with. I feel for all the actors.

Ian McDiarmid carried ROTS.

Hayden and Ewan were OK.

Natalie Portman was terrible. Pretty, but wooden.

I agree with this for the most part...hayden being better and Ewan being worse

The special effects carried ROTS.

McDiarmid over-acted on several occassions, McGregor was decent (though not overly impressive), and I've usually described Christensen's method of acting as "emotional constipation." No offense. lol.

I mean, they were all decent, especially considering the script they had to work with, but none of the performances were exactly Oscar-worthy.

Best actor in the film? R2-D2! :thumbs:

(And despite all I've just said, I loved ROTS.)