Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Where Do You Like To Eat When You Eat Out?

Tonight we are going to celebrate my Dad’s 54th birthday and father’s day by eating at Golden Corral tonight. It’s a restaurant kind of like Ryan’s Steakhouse or Quincy’s. It has a HUGE buffet. I love going there. Anyway, what’s your favorite place to eat out?

To be honest I'm not big on going out to eat. I'd rather stay home and eat a cheese burger or something like that but if I do go out the first place that comes to mind is the Olive Garden, I love the "Tour of Italy". The next place that I'd probably pick is IHOP.

:lol: I like everything and everywere to go eat. That is why the doctor asked me if I knew what a low fat healthy diet was! I am working on that but I do not like it. B)

I don't really eat out much. There were a couple of Chinese restaurants in the DC area that were really good and a couple of restaurants in Tallahassee that I liked. Unfortunately, I don't live in either of those cities anymore. Most restaurants reasonbly near where I live are seafood - not my favorite either.

I do pickup take out Chinese sometimes.

depends on my mood and what place is close. my favorite usually is wendy's for their chili or a salad. and their cheap.

tm :lol:

I don't usually eat out, I'd rather cook something good at home. If I eat out, it's usually fast food, and in that case I eat at Jack in the Box. There's only one restaurant that I'd really like to go to again, it's called Tweet Balzano's (or "Tweet's" for short). It's an Italian/seafood restaurant in Bristol, Rhode Island. Problem is, I live in southern California. :lol: I used to eat ther all the time when I was a kid, my grandparent took me there a lot. I miss that place.

Lately I've been eating Burger King just to get the SW toys, but I could really use some Taco Bell right now...

Tonight we are going to celebrate my Dad’s 54th birthday and father’s day by eating at Golden Corral tonight. It’s a restaurant kind of like Ryan’s Steakhouse or Quincy’s. It has a HUGE buffet. I love going there. Anyway, what’s your favorite place to eat out?

331872[/snapback]

Golden Corral is pretty good, though we have to drive to Jacksonville(which is nearly an hour to my north) to eat there... so needless to say, unless we are already there we do not travel there for dinner much.

Quincy's is no longer here in town... it's old building is now occupied by one of my favorite buffet style resteraunts to go to and that is International Buffet (mainly Chinese food, but since I like a bunch of the food no complaints here :thumbs: )

TGIF!!!!! All I gotta say is Jack Daniels Flat Iron Steak!!!! B)

Flying J's is a truck stop and the little resteraunt that they have there is pretty good

When we are traveling, be it for a music job or a dance competition, Bob Evans is an awesome place to stop!! :P :eek:

Johnny Carrinos and Carrabas are both excelent, albeit expensive resteraunts too. My mom and I almost croaked when we got our bill at Carrabas the one time we went there. Nearly $60 just for the two of us (since I do not drink, and my mom only rarely has a wine or beer... that was one cost we did not have to worry about)... and that was one appetizer we shared, our meals, and one dessert that we shared.

Woody's is pretty good BBQ place, though Sonny's is good as well (though the beef and pork and stuff is a bit dry for my family's tastes)

One I would not mind going to again (though like Golden Corral, is not in my hometown) is Roadhouse Grill

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I like local places too. We live close to a steak/ribs/fish place called Gale Street Inn that is great. A good Mexican place called Mateos is not far away. Berghoff's downtown (Chicago) is a classic German place and Miller's Pub near it is great too.

For breakfast a chain called Le Peep is good as is the Pancake House. But Alps Restaurant is closed currently :thumbs: Great Norwegian/Swedish place nearby is Tre Kronor's. Russell's is a suburban Barbeque place we like.

On the road Bob Evan's is a fave.

Great Norwegian/Swedish place nearby is Tre Kronor's. 

Scandinavian food :thumbs: Sadly the one Scandinavian resteraunt we had in town closed a while ago, I know it closed back when I was either a sophomore or junior in high school. It was called The Viking.

Nowadays when it comes to Scandinavian, we cook that at home(well we always did, but now that is pretty much the only way to get that style of food..at least here in town)

The German resteraunt I really liked closed a little while ago. It was called Rosenhoff's, and before that it was called (I think, I am going from childhood memories here, lol) The Bavarian Garden.

In my town there seems to be a ton of Italian and Chinese resteraunts... which is fine, because I enjoy those. However it would be kind of nice to have a bit more variety when it comes to ethnic foods.

Edited by Yillara_Soong