Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Mark Hamill: Fan Favorite Pick To Play The Joker

Original Star Wars star Mark Hamill has joined the shortlist of favorites to play The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel. The actor, who played Luke Skywalker in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return Of The Jedi, has become a fan favorite to play Batman's colorful foe. He joins Crispin Glover and Aussie actor Lachy Hulme on the three-strong internet shortlist. Hamill became an obvious choice for some Batman fans after voicing The Joker for the Batman cartoon series. A spokesman for top Batman website Darkhorizons.Com points out, "The net basically picked Christian Bale to play Batman, so who knows." Batman Begins opens across America and Europe this week.

END OF ARTICLE

:wow::congrats::newyear: :lol: :P :P

I really really really really hope Hamill plays the Joker in the next Batman movie, he was AWESOME as the Joker on the cartoon series!

I'll see it this weekend. The reviews are raving so it's no wonder a sequel is already being talked. M. Hamil is the obvious choice & probably should get the role but I would not be disappointed to see C. Glover get it.

Batman Begins is NOT a prequel. It's a completely fresh start, a new series. The last four movies {Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin} never took place in this universe. And they say this movie is fantastic! :congrats:

Batman Begins is NOT a prequel. It's a completely fresh start, a new series. The last four movies {Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman and Robin} never took place in this universe. And they say this movie is fantastic! :congrats:

331058[/snapback]

Since talks are already under way for a sequel with the Joker involved I must agree, if it was the same universe as the other films (particularly: "Batman") then Joker continuity would be out of sync.

It probably will be fantastic, Ebert says this is the film they should have made in the first place.

I seriously doubt that Mark Hamill will be picked to play the Joker. Just because he can do a funny cartoon voice doesn't mean he can play the Joker live.

There is probably a reason why hes been washed up for years. Its the same reason why we won't see Hayden Christianson in a major role anymore. They both can't act.

Also, I've heard that the next Batman movie may feature Harvey "Two-Face" Dent and the Joker in some kind of gang turfwar in Gotham City with Batman caught in the middle.

If that's true, then I think Harvey Dent should be played by Sean Penn.

If that's true, then I think Harvey Dent should be played by Sean Penn

That is, if Penn can tear himself away from his reporter duties in Iran................... :congrats:

I think Harvey dent should be played by a blackman, Sam Jackson would be a great choice, god I hated Batman forever for the reason that harvey Dent was played by a white man, nomatter how great an actor Tommy lee Jones is, that movie sucked besides Jim Carrey, the only Batman movies i enjoy are the Burtons one, However i think this will change tomorrow when I see Batma Begins

but he can play a very convincing psycho

Being a psycho in real life will probably make him very convincing in the role... :congrats:

I'd never actually realised Mark Hamill was the voice of the joker in the cartoon series, it'd be interesting to see him on the big screen again.

I seriously doubt that Mark Hamill will be picked to play the Joker. Just because he can do a funny cartoon voice doesn't mean he can play the Joker live.

There is probably a reason why hes been washed up for years. Its the same reason why we won't see Hayden Christianson in a major role anymore. They both can't act.

331098[/snapback]

You've obviously not seen any of Hayden Christensen's other films. He's a good actor. I suggest you check some of his other roles out before condemning him.

The problem Mark Hamill had was he didn't have much of a resume before being cast as Luke Skywalker so people judged his talent based on that role. At that time we didn't know that George Lucas was no good at getting performances from his actors. We know that now so it should be easier for Hayden Christensen to continue on with his career.

I do agree that being able to do a good voice acting job is very different from playing the character in a movie.

Hayden Christensen is probably a good actor.

The only problem is that George Lucas doesn't know how to direct or communicate with human beings and can't write dialogue.

(YAH I LOVE THE SPICE GIRLS SAM!!!!Great AVATAR)

Well let me say that Batman Begins was a great GREAT movie, It revives the Batman franchise and gives the Marvel line of comic book movies a run for thier money

I read the peice about Mark Hammil,and i would love to see him in the series. Cillian Murphy did a fantastic job as the Scarecrow. Mark would make a fantatic edition...

Sorry i'm real exited. Batman was one of my favvorite comics (besides the Punisher which the movie disppointed me) and this adaption ROCKED

The only problem is that George Lucas doesn't know how to direct or communicate with human beings and can't write dialogue
Thank God every Star Wars fan disagrees with you

Don't get me wrong, Lucas has a tremendous creative mind.

But he should have simply handed the story he wished to tell to a better screenwriter who could craft a better script, and allowed someone else to handle the direction.

The best Star Wars movie IMO was the one where Lucas didn't direct or write it, the Empire Strikes Back.

Episode III was still superb, but it could have been better in terms of the dialogue and the performance of the actors.

(YAH I LOVE THE SPICE GIRLS SAM!!!!Great AVATAR)

The only problem is that George Lucas doesn't know how to direct or communicate with human beings and can't write dialogue
Thank God every Star Wars fan disagrees with you

331192[/snapback]

I Wouldn'y Say That. I Agree With Him To Some Degree.

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

Episode III was still superb, but it could have been better in terms of the dialogue and the performance of the actors.

I blame Ewan Mcgregor..

I Wouldn'y Say That. I Agree With Him To Some Degree

But you still see his movies right..So whocares!

Back to Batman

UGH HE IS SO HOT... :huh:

*puts in her Mel C cd and listens away*

I blame Ewan Mcgregor..

331200[/snapback]

But Tina, you blame Ewan McGregor if it rains, if you're late for work, if you spill something on your favourite shirt, etc. LOL The buck stops with George.

Edited by Takara_Soong

But Tina, you blame Ewan McGregor if it rains, if you're late for work, if you spill something on your favourite shirt, etc. LOL The buck stops with George.

HEY..SO not true. I also blame Patrick Wilson and Adrian Brodey

But yes Ewan is on my short list :huh:

If someone asked Ewan McGregor about the scripts for the prequels, he'd probably be the first to say they stunk. Lucas is terrible at screenplays.

He's also a director who simply can't work with actors. On all the Star Wars movies, actors have complained about the fact that Lucas seems more irritated working with actors when he'd rather be working on some new sound system or something.

:huh: back up, some fans like Episode I, II, III. I actually think they were more mature than the original trilogy. Been a Star Wars fan for 10-11 years, so don't think I'm some new fan saying this. :lol:

I Liked Them Too, But Lucas Is Much Better At Making The Rest Of The Movie Than Directing Actors, Though He Seemed To Do Fine With ANH.

Edited by Sam The Smuggler