Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

Convention pricing

Will you be attending the convention in June?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be attending the convention in June?

• Yes
    • No
    • I still don't know, but I want to

Ok we have a tentative price for the convention.

This price is based on the assumption that we will have 100 people attend.

For the convention activities the price would be $150 per person and would include (but is not limited to):

• STF Shirt (if we can get one made)

• Convention rooms for 2 days

• The Star Trek Experience all day Saturday

• Dinner at Quarks (Available Menu will be posted soon)

The hotel rooms would be each persons responsibility to book at least 30 days in advance (I would suggest booking sooner). For planning purposes I suggest you plan the room to be $89.00 per night (Double occupancy) but I am working on getting that lower and could be as low as $69.00 per night.

I will also be contacting a travel agency to see about the possibility of group discounts if anyone uses their services for booking airline tickets and rental cars.

We are still working on the details but with the above figures you can start budgeting and planning.

That would be great if the price of the rooms came down a bit.As for airline tickets I fly for free,its great having a Brother-in-Law who is a pilot for Southwest Airlines!

I am looking forward to this Convention. Hopefully, I can attend next Summer(June 2004). From what I have gathered from your information so far is that this Convention should be a great one. :)

Thank you VBG for the updated information.

KayTroi

:)

Ok, it's time to everyone that's going to go to Vegas to begin making plans. I will be calling the Hilton on Monday or Tuesday to solidify the room price but I will need a solid number of people to tell them so they can base the price on that. I'm adding a poll to this topic for everyone to indicate if you are going to attend. This will also determine what our activities there will be. If we don't have enough people to get the convention room we may have to drop that activity from the schedule.

I will be there barring any natural disasters resulting in my being dimembered or anything. LOL. To translate, I don't think there is anything that could keep me away from vegas.

Robert and I will both be there. I doubt he'll spend much time doing Star Trek related stuff, but he'll be there. :wow:

Robert and I will both be there. I doubt he'll spend much time doing Star Trek related stuff, but he'll be there.  :wow:

Yeah, you better make it or I will have to come drag you to Vegas. Same goes for Takara and Lessa. Gotta meet my best friends finally.

Even if Robert can't come for whatever reason I'll be there. I'm not missing it.

LOL, my coworkers think I am nuts over here doing my happy dance. And no not that happy dance, have not had any tequila yet. LOL

I may be in trouble with this all of the sudden. My new job is planning inventory for that month and the manager said no time off for that month.

I can't believe this is happening ....sigh, sniff.

i wish...oh how i wish.....but us aussie teenagers are stuck here.

espec, me with no job and no money ---- convention '05????

VBG, I'm wondering if it's too late to add my name to the list! You see my brother and I are planning a trip to The Experience this year and it would be a shame if I went at a time other than when all you guys are going..Course I still have to talk to my brother about this first and I was wondering if you knew exactly when this convention is going to take place...As I understand it it will cost us an additional $150 per person and we'll have to take care of out own hotel room..

VBG, I'm wondering if it's too late to add my name to the list! You see my brother and I are planning a trip to The Experience this year and it would be a shame if I went at a time other than when all you guys are going..Course I still have to talk to my brother about this first..

VBG, looks like I need to take my name off of the list of members going to the STF convention..Nobody feels worse about this than me..It just isn't going to work out this year..Me and my brother are going to 'The Experience' soon..I can't wait until June to go and the biggest reason is my brother doesn't want to go to our convention..I had entertained the idea of going twice, once with my brother and once by myself to the convention..But I don't think I can afford 2 trips this year..