Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Member Map

Have You Put Your Location on The Member Map?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Have You Put Your Location on The Member Map?

• yes
    • no

That Maporama site threw my coordinates nearly an eighth of the state away from my position. I had to manually look it up. Now it's not the exact position, but it's just a block away.

Just in case some people don't realize it you can click and drag the map around and if you clidk the 3 buttons you get different views. You can also zoom in and out with the slide bar on the left of the map.

I love that live map! I looked up the top of my house, the video store, and the Dunkin' Donuts! :dude:

Yeh, I just pinned. You'll find me in LA (lower Alabama, that is)

I was able to post my location. But, I noticed two things. When you click the tabs, users' names do not show up. Also, it only covers the US. It is not a world map.

It does cover the whole world, just drag the map. That's how I found Europe.

:dude:

Edited by 3 of 7

I was able to post my location. But, I noticed two things. When you click the tabs, users' names do not show up. Also, it only covers the US. It is not a world map.

yes it is, zoom out. I've just this minute added mine, and I'm in the Uk.

OK I must of done something wrong last night when I zoomed out. But how do you get the usernames to showup?

OK I must of done something wrong last night when I zoomed out. But how do you get the usernames to showup?

You have to actually click on the member's pin. At least that was how I have gotten them to show up.

Also, as far as I know you had to enter your longitude and latitude in order for the pin to appear. Not just click and voila it appears.

I went to a site and went by zip code, and when it placed me on the map.... it placed me in the middle of the Castillo de San Marcos. I DO NOT live in the old fort downtown, I live south of the city. So I meddled with it and searched a few sites that made it so it got closer to where I live in FL short of showing the exact end of my street I live on. :dude: Near a main road, but not exact.

I got my pin in the correct spot. That I did well.

As for the usernames, I will check it again.

Ok. Also when you do click on the pin, a white caption bubble appears. It will appear blank, at least it did for me, scroll the mouse over it and the person's screenname will appear

Edited by Yillara_Skye

Ok. Also when you do click on the pin, a white caption bubble appears. It will appear blank, at least it did for me, scroll the mouse over it and the person's screenname will appear

COOL, I got it to work.

Thank you, Skye

COOL, I got it to work.

Thank you, Skye

No problem, Data.

When you click "My Location" and then click "Quick Search" and then put in the address location information it will find the correct Longitude & Latitude, at least it's supposed to be correct. For mine I didn't put my address in but I put my zip code in and it found the city rather then my house.

When you click "My Location" and then click "Quick Search" and then put in the address location information it will find the correct Longitude & Latitude, at least it's supposed to be correct. For mine I didn't put my address in but I put my zip code in and it found the city rather then my house.

See I did that at first, but for some odd reason when I put my zip code in it put me smack dab in the middle of downtown. Which is odd, because I will have to look again but I did not think downtown St. Aug had the same zip code as out where I live ( we have like four or maybe five zip codes, heck there are occasions where we'll get mail addressed to us but say we are in Elkton instead of St. Aug. *shrug* Oh, well... LOL. Maybe that was because my area of the city used to get the mail delivered to us from that town.)