Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Now they advertise Ent

After four years of ignoring ENT - now UPN decides to promote it. They ran an add during Atlantis about the "final voyages" - don't miss the final episodes.

I know they deny any possibility of Scifi picking up ENT - still I had to wonder why they'd be running a promo for a show that has been cancelled?

I saw that too last night on the Sci-Fi Channel. Very puzzling..Why advertise it now? The ratings could have been so much better if UPN had done this from the start..I know the official word is that there is no way Enterprise will be back next year..But it does make you wonder about the Sci-Fi Channel..

Why advertise it now - puzzling indeed! I thought the promotion of ENT and Voyager was poor, plus moving the night a show is aired is almost always going to result in lower ratings. If there is a chance it could move to Sci Fi - that would be fantastic. Maybe they are thinking of at least airing all the old episodes. Crossing my fingers that it could still be rescued from total cancelation!

I saw promos on Spike TV for Countdown, last year. However, it is the only time I've ever seen an episode-specific preview.

City TV had general promos at the start but I have not seen one in ages. I'm beginning to think they were instructed to not promote Enterprise. City TV once referred to itself as "Your Federation Station", but I haven't heard that at least since Enterprise began. It does make sense unless UPN told them not to.

The only good thing about the cancellation of Enterprise is it pretty much guaranteed UPN will not show any further Star Trek series. Which is vital to Star Trek's future.

Edit: this Sci-fi promotion is indeed puzzling. Why would they promote a show that airs in the same time slot in one of their biggest hits (SG-1)? Could it be that they are indeed thinking of picking up the show and are attempting to gage interest in Enterprise. Time will tell.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

They're probably advertising now because this is the first time the show has been consistently good since the show began. IMO, we've only had three serious stinkers so far (Storm Front and Daedalus) and we've had several EXTREMELY good eps (The Forge, Home, Cold Station 12, Observer Effect), while the rest have been very watchable (I was extremely surprised to see a good ep come out of Bound).

I am still one of the few that still have not completely given up on the possibility of the show continuing. I know that Paramount and UPN have given their "Final Word" but I am still clinging to the hope that there is still a chance no matter how small. The increased Advertising of the show just reinforces that in my eyes.

I no longer think that Enterprise will be renewed, but I agree with many fans that UPN should have started there advertising campain last year, when the show was really getting intresting.

Considering that the sets have been torn down, the final wrap party over with and everyone connected to the show accepting other jobs, I would say that the possibility of Enterprise coming back is as close to zero as you can get.

How is this for weird. For the last two weeks during enterprise my upn station has played the ad that they played last year to say that enterprise will be renued for the next year. It makes no sence.

Any old TOS guys see a similarity between what is now happening to Enterprise and what happened to TOS is the 60s? The similarity is killing me. I have a feeling that reruns will be shown on another channel and the ratings will hit the roof. Like what happened to TOS when it hit reruns.

Deja Vu

Edited by Data

Another good example is DS9. In the past, many Trek fans dismissed this great series. But now that Spike has started showing it, all of a sudden more and more people are calling it their favorite Trek series.

Any old TOS guys see a similarity between what is now happening to Enterprise and what happened to TOS is the 60s? The similarity is killing me. I have a feeling that reruns will be shown on another channel and the ratings will hit the roof. Like what happened to TOS when it hit reruns.

Deja Vu

320896[/snapback]

I completely agree with you. Enterprise starts second run syndication in the fall and will be seen in more homes than UPN reaches. All airings of the series will count in its ratings, not just one time slot. I'm very interested in seeing what the ratings will be.

Another good example is DS9. In the past, many Trek fans dismissed this great series. But now that Spike has started showing it, all of a sudden more and more people are calling it their favorite Trek series.

320902[/snapback]

I don't agree with you on this, Kor. I don't think DS9 was dismissed by Trek fans and I certainly don't think DS9 being on Spike has done anything to increase its standing amongst Trek fans. Spike allegedly shows DS9 weekday mornings but I've never seen it on at the times it's listed for.

Edited by Takara_Soong

I saw that too last night on the Sci-Fi Channel. Very puzzling..Why advertise it now? The ratings could have been so much better if UPN had done this from the start..I know the official word is that there is no way Enterprise will be back next year..But it does make you wonder about the Sci-Fi Channel..

319055[/snapback]

I also saw the promos and found it interesting that later on that night I saw the TOS episode "Tholian Web" on Si-Fi channel. :laugh: