Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Name for NX-02

Stardate:213441.9

It looks like they are making another ship to join Enterprise.What do u think it should be named????I havent thought of anything yet but when i do i will let u know

An interesting choice. There are so many options. I have a feeling that they will continue with the space shuttle names so it will likely be one of these:

-Endeavour

-Atlantis

-Discovery

And from those I'd choose Endeavour.

Of course they could extend that list to include Columbia and Challenger to commemorate to the lost shuttles but I don't see B&B doing that.

They may also choose to commemorate the first warp flight using:

-Cochrane

-Phoenix

-Bozeman

I'd choose Phoenix.

And finally one of the most popular choices I've seen on other boards: Kobiyashi Maru (Hope I spelled that right).

An interesting choice. There are so many options. I have a feeling that they will continue with the space shuttle names so it will likely be one of these:

-Endeavour

-Atlantis

-Discovery

Of course they could extend that list to include Columbia and Challenger to commemorate to the lost shuttles but I don't see B&B doing that.

-Cochrane

-Phoenix

-Bozeman

I'd choose Phoenix.

And finally one of the most popular choices I've seen on other boards: Kobiyashi Maru (Hope I spelled that right).

Those sound cool to me B)

I like the Endeavour too.

-Endeavour

-Atlantis

-Discovery

It might be a nice tribute to the shuttle program however you have to remember that it was the space shuttle Enterprise that was named after the Trek Enterprise and not the other way round.

I'd like to see the NX-02 named in honour of Zephram Cochrane. It would be nice to have it named the Phoenix.

i do like the endeavor, or pheonix name, columbia or challenger. but pheonix might also be appropriate because of the xindi attack, after all what is a pheonix, a flaming bird from the firery ashes. or something like that. so that would be my choice i think.

I think Yorktown as this was the name Rodenbery gave to the ship in the first draft of Star Trek allso in ST IV the the Yorktown was re named Enterprise acording to Rodenbery

I think Yorktown as this was the name  Rodenbery gave to the ship in the first draft of Star Trek allso in ST IV the the Yorktown was re named Enterprise acording to Rodenbery

Oooh....Good idea! B)

I'd like to see the NX-02 named Columbia as a tribute to the recently lost space shuttle and it's crew.

Sounds good to me.. B)

I'd like to see the NX-02 named Columbia as a tribute to the recently lost space shuttle and it's crew.

Sounds good to me.. B)

If they did that, which would be a good name I'd want them to say that they are naming it For the Space Shuttle Columbia and mention that it was lost in the early 21st Century with all hands. If they went into any detail they could even have the shuttle pods named for the crew that was lost.

I doubt any of this will take place though, while TNG had some shuttles named after Challanger crew members they didn't have a USS Challanger (to my knowledge). In fact I can only recall one shuttle craft named after a Challanger crew member and that was the shuttle Onizuka

In the Voyager episode "Timeless" the future Geordi LaForge was captain of the U.S.S. Challenger, Galaxy Class. I also like the name Yorktown because it has been associated with trek for a long time. I would not be suprised if they name the NX-02 Bozeman because that's Braga hometown and he's thrown it in there so many times.

I too, would like it to be named Columbia, but in their universe the attack of the Xindi obviously overshadows an accident that happened over a century ago. I imagine that they would name it for someone that performed heroically during the attack.

-Endeavour

-Atlantis

-Discovery

-Cochrane

-Phoenix

-Bozeman

I'd choose Phoenix.

Stardate:213444.9

Kobyashi Maru would be cool but i dont think that will happen.I think Pheonix would be very appropiate.

Yorktown would be good. How about the Lexington or Constitution?

I agree, I think it will be one of those. But I think there already a Constitution in "Horizon", wasn't there?

I don't recall a Constitution in Horizon. The only names that cannot be used for the NX-02 are Enterprise (Duh), Shenandoah, and Intrepid because they've all been used.

You all have stolen my ideas! :grin: I would name her either Yorktown, Challenger, Phoenix, Columbia or perhaps after Archer's friend and rival for the command of NX-01.

[glow=red]You all have stolen my ideas! B) I would name her either Yorktown, Challenger, Phoenix, Columbia or perhaps after Archer's friend and rival for the command of NX-01.

:grin: Well Archer's friend already has a nebula named after him though. B)

A lot of good names have been suggested.

I've been thinking a little more about this and I think the perfect name for the NX-02 would be the "Takara Soong" What do you think? lmao.gif

I too thought of Phoenix and Columbia; but then I thought Monoceros (Greek for unicorn) would be terrific - and I still like that.

But given the circumststances for this future time I thought maybe one of the following might be good.

The Okeechobee

The Sunrise

The Everglade

What about the Henry Archer? After all, he designed the warp 5 engine and this will be another warp 5 ship.

I like Columbia, not only for tribute to the lost crew, because it was the first space shuttle orbiter and the oldest still in service at the time of the tragedy (space shuttle Enterprise was a prototype and was never launched into orbit).

I don't like the idea of the Phoenix. There can only be one Phoenix in my opinion and that's Cochrane's ship!

How about Apollo, after the first ship to boldly go.

Actually if you think about it, it was the Friendships that were America's first ships to go boldly into space.

i do like the endeavor, or pheonix name, columbia or challenger. but pheonix might also be appropriate because of the xindi attack, after all what is a pheonix, a flaming bird from the firery ashes. or something like that. so that would be my choice i think.

B) I LIKE THE "PHEONIX" JUST FOR THIS RESON ALSO.