Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Which is the best Star Wars film so far?

Which is the best Star Wars film so far?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the best Star Wars film so far?

• Star Wars (A New Hope)
    • The Empire Strikes Back
    • Return of the Jedi
    • The Phantom Menace
    • Attack of the Clones

I think I will have to go for The Empire Strikes Back simply for the darker tone. Although I tend to like all of the original films for different sections i.e. the final battle and redemption in RoJ or fight between Darth and Obi and the attack on the deathstar in the first film.

Of the newer films AotC was a vast improvement in TPM and it has certainly set up the series for a fantastic final showdown in episode three.

Either 'The Empire Strikes Back' or Return of the Jedi'. Probaby 'Return of the Jedi'. The new Star Wars movies don't touch the old ones, they're awful in comparison, actually they're just awful.

I may seem out of the mainstream, but I liked "The Phantom Menace" the best. There are a lot of memorable lines. I actually liked Jar Jar, tho some may think he is a total dork! :P I especially liked the Naboo fighters - very slick! Also, Princess Amidala's ship is classy - resembles an SR-17. And the fight scene at the end - Darth Maul vs. Qui Gon and Obi Won. But thats just me.

~~ refer to my "mood star" ~~ LOL! ;)

I still like the first one shown Star Wars A New Hope. It was so great compared to anything else out there. It set up the trilogy, introduced the characters we love, led to great improvements in special effects, and led to a continuing improvement in specials effects and the ways science fictiion can be shot. ESB and ROTJ are my next favorites.

I voted for the first one ( Star Wars - A New Hope). It had the perfect mix of everything that should have been in an action movie, without being either morbid or syrupy. There was death, but it the tone remained optimistic. There were happy moments, but not overdone or syrupy.

I liked the other movies, but they were just more of the same, with the last one

( Attack of the Clones) finally not moving me. I only watched it once.

Empire Strikes Back is my choice but in *looks at count down clock* 61 days that could all change,the new film looks mind blowing :P

Edited by hangon

I will be alone and go with AotC. However, that might simply be because that is the most recent one I have seen as all the others are 1000 miles away at Dad's house.

One....the first one the original one

Screw episode #'s

SW (a new hope) was the best sci-fi movie ever made.There could have been No sequals and it would still movie ever...

and IMO opinion. Lucas should stop putzing around with them by putting more stuff in them..If it isn't broke DON"T FIX IT

Sorry i got carried away

and IMO opinion. Lucas should stop putzing around with them by putting more stuff in them..If it isn't broke DON"T FIX IT

Sorry i got carried away

311097[/snapback]

You're right. I thought AOTC was the weakest movie. I hated the whole idea of Dooku, and now in ROTS I hate the whole idea of Grievous.

Well, I'll try.

I had promised myself not to read spoilers, watch webdocs, look at photos and concept art etc connected to Episode III to save myself for when I actually see the movie, but I couldn't resist. I tried but I couldn't help myself.

:angry: :look::eek:

Well, I'll try.

I had promised myself not to read spoilers, watch webdocs, look at photos and concept art etc connected to Episode III to save myself for when I actually see the movie, but I couldn't resist. I tried but I couldn't help myself.

:mad1:  :angry:  :look:

311292[/snapback]

I know how you feel. I am at Kaileron's whim! :eek:

IMO opinion. Lucas should stop putzing around with them by putting more stuff in them..If it isn't broke DON"T FIX IT

311097[/snapback]

Yeah, I Agree To The Extent That The Special Edtions Weren't Needed. The Movies Were Over And Done With, But...I Did Like Alot Of The Changes Though...While Totally Uneccesary, They Never Really Bothered Me...I'd Still Love To Have The Original Versions On DVD Along With The Ones That Are Out.

For me it's still the first movie..Though I do like the others as well.The Empire Strikes Back comes a close second for me..

Another thing.The special efects in the first three. Its not like they blend in or anything. I am sitting there and like i see somthing new and i yell "NEW PART"

Sorry still on a tirade

I thought that apart from "Luke Screaming" (which was removed in the DVD release) and "Greedo Shoots First" the Special Editions were quite enough.

When he released the Original Trilogy on DVD, I was saddened to see he had tinkered with them AGAIN.

I don't mind him adding a starship here and there, but things like adding new dialogue to the "Emperor's Hologram" scene in ESB (though I did like the addition of Ian McDiarmid) and replacing Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christensen when Vader joined the Light Side Of The Force were poor decisions IMO.

Yes, I completely hated the new Jabba in ANH. IT LOOKED SO CARTOONISH! It looked real before! And I hated the Haden part in ROTJ too. It was completely pointless. The old Anakin made more sense. Other then those, the Greedo scene, some sounds and lights, and Palpatine, I didn't really notice much else.