Sign in to follow this  
Gary Phaserman

Toppings you would LIKE to see on a pizza...

Wanna get rich Jim? Figure out a way to recreate the flavor of Pizzas from about 40 years ago, those were the good ole days. Imo all pizzas today suck because they don't remind me of the "comfort food" pizza I remember as a kid; that's what I want and would pay through the nose to recover.

309382[/snapback]

I have considered opening my own place, but the money is a bit of an issue. and that issue is: I don't have it. Making pizzas the way they did back then is expensive these days because REAL ingredients (Ya know, the REAL mozzerella, not the 60% oil **** they use now, real meats, not processed etc..) is not cheep. though I could use Jewel as a commissary. and I'd probably have to make my own dough, which is a pain in the hindparts.

pesto pizza is popular where I work. How bout considering red or yellow peppers, witn tomatoes and olives. Try to add color and flavor.

hey have you ever seen those sweet pizzas? they have a chocolate filled pastry base, marshmellows and loads of sweets. dead nice, i wish they did them at dominoes ;):borg2: :P

.. pastry base, marshmellows and loads of sweets. dead nice, i wish they ...

310331[/snapback]

*Yillara's note to herself* Please wear your glasses when reading posts...

Sorry, without my glasses I thought you listed dead Mice as a topping :P , when I put my glasses on I noticed you said "dead nice".

But back to the topic.. I have not had a sweet pizza that had a chocolate filled pastry base. But I had one that had a chocolate chip cookie base, and it was very good. Could not eat much of it because it was so sweet though.. way too much sweets on it.

PSC or PSRC, good choices, VBG. Actually, according to a nation wide survey, the most popular pizza is PMS, Peperoni, Mushrooms, and Sausage.

309184[/snapback]

PMS Pizza... eeewww....

309195[/snapback]

LOL :P

you want the real reason, MJ? a coworker and I are entering a contest to come up with new product ideas, but both of us are drained, so I figured I'd ask you guys what you like, or what you would like us to make, so I can get an idea of what people might like.

309220[/snapback]

I knew you were just using us... Plan on sharing the prize? :borg2:;) Just kidding, of course. I'm gonna need the whole thing.

I would love to see more seafood on pizza/ There's anchovies, they're alright... but how about shrimp pizza? Or more varieties of fish? Maybe even some crab?

Seatrooper, where he works, getting Crabs is considered a bad thing...

310634[/snapback]

I think that getting crabs is bad anywhere you work...

Maybe you could try grilled toppings, like grilled chicken or beef, or grilled veggies.

My favorite pizza toppings are meat, cheese, and meat. Surprise me. :P

Maybe you could try grilled toppings, like grilled chicken or beef, or grilled veggies.

310638[/snapback]

Sounds good! Especially the chicken and veggies part. Beef.. not so much on pizza, though the philly cheesesteak pizza is pretty good.