Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Could ENT be the final Trek series?

I was just thinking... Do you think ENT could be the final Trek series? It seems that Star Trek has faded a lot over the years. What do you think?

Fortunately, if Trek does end, I'll have Stargate to fall back on, but if Trek ends, it will be a sad day indeed.

I don't think Trek will end with Enterprise. The reason I say this is because I believe Enterprise to be the strongest series since TNG and we will have to wait and see, but I think it is the front-runner to dominate the film franchise as well (once it finishes).

Personally I thought Trek was on a downward fall, but with Enterprise I for one feel hopeful for the future of the show. Its like the old days when I could not wait to see the next episode!

i too feel that ENTERPRISE is the start of an upwards climb for TREK. to me voyager was a major slip backwards, i loved DS-9, but i think ENT will wind up being the shot in the arm needed for trek, just as long as upn starts getting out there to the people. i mean most of the shows on the WB suck, and it does great, so UPN should be able to do something with a quality show like ENT. heres hoping, keep those fingers crossed. :)

:) B) LONG LIVE TREK B) :(

Oh, certainly not. They might not have any more series after this one for a while, but I'm sure it's not over. Maybe there'll be a break of a few years, but they'll come back with something new.

I've been a Trekkie for as long as I can remember - but I everything I read about the new season - I won't be watching anymore. I think their comparisons to 9/11 may back fire on them and end the series rather than jazz it up. We'll see.

I've been a Trekkie for as long as I can remember - but I everything I read about the new season - I won't be watching anymore.  I think their comparisons to 9/11 may back fire on them and end the series rather than jazz it up.  We'll see.

whats wrong with the new season, it looks great, i cant wait. as far as comparisons to 9/11 thats ridiculous, how are there comparisons? an alien race attacked earth, and were going to get them before they can destroy us completely. thats a plot for hundreds if not thousands of movies, and shows before ENT, and after, ENT, before 9/11 and after 9/11. look at FIRST CONTACT, if you really want you can look at the borg as the terrorists, and picard as bush, they came to fight, then go back in time to wipe us out, and start earth as their planet. picard went in guns blazing and kicked butt, then had to do some clean up afterwards. if you look at a lot in life you can draw paralells to many things if you look hard enough. i think ENT is a great show, entertaining, and the more i read about the new season the better it looks. so just what is it you dont like? you've already seen that bakula, and blalock dont want, and arent going to have any intamacy. i just looks like a good, entertaining arc.IMO

At first i had fears that Star trek was slowly dying because of the performance of the recent movie and Enterprise's diffuculties. But now I don't think Star Trek will end. Change yes end no. Besides it's fans like us that's kept it going for so long and it will be those same fans that will see to it's continuation.

At first i had fears that Star trek was slowly dying because of the performance of the recent movie and Enterprise's diffuculties. But now I don't think Star Trek will end.  Change yes end no.  Besides it's fans like us that's kept it going for so long and it will be those same fans that will see to it's continuation.

Stardate:213430.0

I totally agree I think as long as there is fans like us Star Trek will never die :) :) And if there should be a time were it looks like Star Trek is going to end I think it is up to us the fans to make sure that it never completely dies.I believe that star trek isnt just a show its a look at mankind and the possibility of a great future.Has anyone read "I'm working on that"by William Shatner.Its a great book and it explains alot about star trek and its realtionship with humanity and the future of man.

I've been a Trekkie for as long as I can remember - but I everything I read about the new season - I won't be watching anymore.  I think their comparisons to 9/11 may back fire on them and end the series rather than jazz it up.  We'll see.

I don't think you should be so quick to judge, I think the next season will be the best so far.. And ENT is really giving Star Trek new life.. I don't think it will end after ENT, maybe a break but there is still so much more than can be done.

:) Im fed up hearing about septemver 11. I think we should forget it and move on. Star Trek isnt an allegory for this. It's just fantasy. Fun to take us away from our problems as opposed to exploring them!

A couple of interviews

Zap to It

SciFi Weekly

From this you should note that the producers do consider a 9/11 parallel to exist and have plans to integrate the analogy into the story.

Parallels to current social events were the foundation of TOS and have continued to be part of Trek.

I will give the new mission a chance but if the worst case scenario comes to pass I will be gone. One concern is with the concept of "vengeance" that they keep blasting at us. How the Enterprise is out on a vengeance mission. There is a big difference between defending yourself and seeking vengeance.

Then there's their wonderful little plan to turn Trip into some sort of vengeance demon.

The bottom line is I'm tired of Hollywood preaching down to me...and I got the feeling from one of the articles that ENT may do the same thing....Maybe they only meant that next season would be about more than just the war. But I got the feeling they may be going for the America is evil mantra and I'm just tired of it.

edited to shorten

Enterprise is the prequel to the enterprise franchise. It would at least need one more series to get it to the point were Cpt.Kirk comes into existence. So, I think it has a long way to go.

Enterprise is the prequel to the enterprise franchise.  It would at least need one more series to get it to the point were Cpt.Kirk comes into existence.  So, I think it has a long way to go.

Good point. I look at it another way; as long as their is money to be had, Trek will continue.

I really do not think that ENT is going to be the last Trek series. I think that the show will continue long into the future.

A couple of interviews

Zap to It

SciFi Weekly

From this you should note that the producers do consider a 9/11 parallel to exist and have plans to integrate the analogy into the story. 

Parallels to current social events were the foundation of TOS and have continued to be part of Trek.

I will give the new mission  a chance but if the worst case scenario comes to pass I will be gone. One concern is with the concept of "vengeance" that they keep blasting at us.  How the Enterprise is out on a vengeance mission.  There is a big difference between defending yourself and seeking vengeance.

Then there's their wonderful little plan to turn Trip into some sort of vengeance demon. 

The bottom line is I'm tired of Hollywood preaching down to me...and I got the feeling from one of the articles that ENT may do the same thing....Maybe they only meant that next season would be about more than just the war.  But I got the feeling they may be going for the America is evil mantra and I'm just tired of it.

edited to shorten

Don't people ever learn that vengence isn't the key to solving problems. Is Trip going to be like Captain Ahab (from Mobey (Please stop me from cursing)), personally I have a lot of suspicisions about the Xindi being the 'ultimate enemy' for ENT, for it was another 'ultimate enemy' who informed our heros about the Xindi being a fearce race.

I think that the next season will be very interesting becuase it might lead to the end of Star Trek saga, if more people watch Smallville against Enterprise. We do have to take notice the many factors that makes a show great or makes it collapse. Smallville and Enterprise running in the same timeslot will GREATLY contrubute to the factor of making Star Trek Francise sucessful as a science fiction television empire.

ENTERPRISE B) SMALLVILLE

THE WORLD

whats wrong with the new season, it looks great, i cant wait. as far as comparisons to 9/11 thats ridiculous, how are there comparisons? an alien race attacked earth, and were going to get them before they can destroy us completely. thats a plot for hundreds if not thousands of movies, and shows before ENT, and after, ENT, before 9/11 and after 9/11. look at FIRST CONTACT, if you really want you can look at the borg as the terrorists, and picard as bush, they came to fight, then go back in time to wipe us out, and start earth as their planet. picard went in guns blazing and kicked butt, then had to do some clean up afterwards. if you look at a lot in life you can draw paralells to many things if you look hard enough. i think ENT is a great show, entertaining, and the more i read about the new season the better it looks. so just what is it you dont like? you've already seen that bakula, and blalock dont want, and arent going to have any intamacy. i just looks like a good, entertaining arc.IMO

cptwright,

I think you hit the nail on the head!

I think after Enterprise ends,Star Trek should take a break for a couple of years.Get the fans hungry for something new.

I agree. I don't want enterprise to be the last series, and don't think it will. I do think though that they should wait a couple years after ENT. I didn't like how voy and ds9 came out when Tng was still going and I think it would br better if we took a break in between series..

:) I don't think Star Trek fans will ever allow Star Trek to die even if Enterprise becomes the last series. I think every Trekkie has his or her favorite series. And personally mine was Voyager. But I am facing the truth. And the truth remains that Star Trek is not rated high with regards to viewers. Star Trek is probably the most watched show on UPN. But it is possible for Paramount to to discard it for something they may percieve that would give them better ratings. I HOPE NOT. But I sure think we need more fans and higher ratings. I am looking forward to the new season, in hopes that it sparks new interests, and has better stories and plots. Star Trek will never die, and the reruns will always be popular. Let's hope that the saga will continue, and that Enterprise will be around for a while. :)

I read something once that said "Star Trek will live forever in reruns." I totally believe that's true. If Enterprise is the last series, Star Trek will always be around in reruns. If it's not the last series, other Star Trek series will be on in reruns while the new series is charting new waters... er... space. No matter what happens after Enterprise, Star Trek will remain in some form.

I didn't like how voy and ds9 came out when Tng was still going and I think it would br better if we took a break in between series..

i think voy came after tng. there was kind of a summer break there :)

I didn't like how voy and ds9 came out when Tng was still going and I think it would br better if we took a break in between series..

i think voy came after tng. there was kind of a summer break there :)

oh really? oh yeah..I'm so dumb, this whole time I had been thinking it has come out the last season of TNG, and DS9 had come out in the sixth season

..oh well, shows how much I know..

Star Trek - Timeline

1966-67 TOS season 1 - 2266-67

1967-68 TOS season 2 - 2267-68

1968-69 TOS season 3 - 2268-69

1987-88 TNG season 1 - 2364

1988-89 TNG season 2 - 2365

1989-90 TNG season 3 - 2366

1990-91 TNG season 4 - 2367

1991-92 TNG season 5 - 2368

1992-93 TNG season 6 / DS9 season 1 - 2369

1993-94 TNG season 7 / DS9 season 2 - 2370

1994-95 DS9 season 3 / VOY season 1 - 2371

1995-96 DS9 season 4 / VOY season 2 - 2372

1996-97 DS9 season 5 / VOY season 3 - 2373

1997-98 DS9 season 6 / VOY season 4 - 2374

1998-99 DS9 season 7 / VOY season 5 - 2375

1999-00 VOY season 6 - 2376

2000-01 VOY season 7 - 2377

2001-02 ENT season 1 - 2151-52

2002-03 ENT season 2 - 2152-53

2003-04 ENT season 3 - 2153-54

The year on the left is when the TV season aired, followed by which TV season, followed by the year the show is set in. If you'd like, I can list the movies too. :)

Star Trek - Timeline

1966-67 TOS season 1 - 2266-67

1967-68 TOS season 2 - 2267-68

1968-69 TOS season 3 - 2268-69

1987-88 TNG season 1 - 2364

1988-89 TNG season 2 - 2365

1989-90 TNG season 3 - 2366

1990-91 TNG season 4 - 2367

1991-92 TNG season 5 - 2368

1992-93 TNG season 6 / DS9 season 1 - 2369

1993-94 TNG season 7 /  DS9 season 2 - 2370

1994-95 DS9 season 3 / VOY season 1 - 2371

1995-96 DS9 season 4 /  VOY season 2 - 2372

1996-97 DS9 season 5 /  VOY season 3 - 2373

1997-98 DS9 season 6 /  VOY season 4 - 2374

1998-99 DS9 season 7 /  VOY season 5 - 2375

1999-00 VOY season 6 - 2376

2000-01 VOY season 7 - 2377

2001-02 ENT season 1 - 2151-52

2002-03 ENT season 2 - 2152-53

2003-04 ENT season 3 - 2153-54

The year on the left is when the TV season aired, followed by which TV season, followed by the year the show is set in.  If you'd like, I can list the movies too. :lol:

Thank you :lol:

Eh, might as well provide a movie chronology, then let's get back on topic, A OK? :laugh:

1979 ST:TMP - 2271

1982 ST-II:TWOK - 2285

1984 ST-III:TSFS - 2285

1986 ST-IV:TVH - 2286 / 1986 / 2286 (time travel)

1989 ST-V:TFF - 2287

1991 ST-VI:TUC - 2293

1994 ST:G - 2294 / 2371 (movie set in 2 time perriods)

1996 ST:FC - 2373 / 2063 (time travel)

1998 ST:I - 2375

2002 ST:N - 2379

Captain Jean-Luc,

The timelines are wonderful!