Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

The Save Star Trek Enterprise Petition

On February 1st we had a total of 408 signatures on the "Save Enterprise" petition. Since February 2nd when UPN announced the cancellation of Star Trek Enterprise we've gotten 1,100 new signatures (as of the time I type this) to bring our total (for now) up to 1,508.

Let's not allow this to happen without making some noise! Let them know that we care and the ratings are flawed! There is a huge following for Enterprise around the world and I am convinced that WE outnumber the critics!

Star Trek Enterprise must be allowed to continue, with or without UPN as it's network.

I completely agree. I am also a firm believer that the supporters of Enterprise are greater in number than the critics and that we all need to band together and demand that our voice be heard.

I think that the way it was being depicted on Live Wire last night sums up everything. They were playing "We're Not Going to Take It" by Twisted Sister. I think that is the message that we all need to be voicing, We are Enterprise fans and we are not going to take this cancellation, of couse we need to be respectul in stating it of course.

Individually we all have a voice, and if you put all of those voices together there is no way that we can be ignored.

The Petition has increased to 1,716 since yesterday. If it's true that every letter written represents 1,000 viewers then that is equal to 1,716,000 viewers. I believe it would be foolish for "TPTB" to ignore the public outcry.

We've got a bit of a problem, the petition has been hacked. It has already been sent in hasn't it?

302777[/snapback]

It has not been sent in, but do not fear I already had most of the signatures backed up locally on my computer and am in the process of retrieving the few that were not as we speak. Might be a little more work to back them up but they will NOT be lost. VBG should be able to correct the page itself as well. Our efforts have not gone in vain, I assure you.

EDIT: All signatures have been retrieved, and the problem has been identified and is easily fixed as soon as VBG comes online.

Edited by ddillard

We surpassed 2000 signatures tonight. I don't know if "TPTB" will take heed of what it represents but I believe it shows a lot of support for the show.

If the theory that 1 letter written by a viewer (in this case signature) is worth 1,000 unspoken viewers then our 2,000 signatures represent 2 Million people.

It happened again. Good thing we have a back up. Has the petition been sent in or did you guys extend the deadline again?

303066[/snapback]

I believe Dill was going to send it in on Monday. We're just waiting on VBG to fix it again. Hopefully this will become an old game for the idiots who are attempting to disrupt the petition.

I just viewed the petition, and crunched the numbers. 2406 signatures, which is the equivelent of nearly 2 and a half million people. I somehow doubt that UPN can ignore that, if the 1 sig=1,000 viewers rule still applies.

Jim and I, as he may have posted earlier, have pledged the support of the Phaserboard, our message board. and, we are bringing in some heat. It turns out I have a bi-weekly radio show at my College Radio Station, and I plan on discussing our efforts both Monday and Wednesday of this week. we are broadcasting live on the Internet, and if you want to listen to me Monday and/or Wednesday (5 PM Central time) go to www.clcradio.org, click on the picture, then click the listen live icon.