Which do you prefer?

Which do you prefer?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Laptops
    • PCs
    • I like both
    • I don't like either

I have a friend who's going to buy a computer and I'm encouraging her to buy a PC, but her dad says she should get a laptop. She doesn't really know what to do, having advice from two sides. I personally think PCs are better, though, because they're a lot faster. And you can use them for more/better games.

I like both, depending on what I intend to use it for.

If I have one place that I will always be using my computer I prefer a desktop, mainly so that I can have a larger monitor. and I can spread out the mouse, keyboard etc over a larger area.

But if I am going to ever have the need to use my computer in more than one room or location I prefer a laptop due to the portability.

That depends on what she will be using her computer for.. If she doesn't need to have it with her when she travels than a PC is the obvious choice, it's faster and cheaper.

pcs..all the way... laptops are all proprietary and if something breaks your pretty much screwed...with a pc..everypart you can replace from frys...most of all u dont have to type like a giant on a 8 x 10 keyboard...

I hate the keyboards on laptops!!! I prefer the pc but if I needed a laptop I'd get one too.

I have worked on a Lap top and i don't like them, but it is true that it depends on what she would need it for. But personally, PC!

The feel is really different from a pc keyboard and the spacing between the keys is not right. Also the placement of the glide mouse is annoying! Here's an image of a laptop so you can see what I mean. This one's a Dell but they are pretty much the same.

laptop.jpg

It does depend on what you use it for. I think we all know that a PC is more powerful (usually), it can easily be upgraded, and so on.

I agree with the keyboard. I don’t like a laptop’s keyboard, but you can connect a regular keyboard (or mouse) to a laptop. But of course that won’t give you the advantage of using it on the run. (When you transport it then you would have to unplug the keyboard . . .)

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

I think it really matters what you need it for. If you require the advantage of transportability, then get a laptop. If you do not require that, then get a PC, because it is better.

I voted i like both, but I'm leaning more towards pcs. it depends on what you use them for, and what kind of computer they each are, if they're really old, then either one is bad

I LOVE the keyboards on laptops :martok: :angry:

And this is my last post for the day. Night everyone!

I voted for both. Pcs are handy at home and the newer models have more memory and feautures and Laptops are convenient in small places or if you are on the road.

:martok: I voted for both. I believe a PC is faster but I am speaking from my experience.

:angry:

I voted PC, because that is the type of computer I ahve always had. My dad has a laptop and I had to borrow it once, and that was once way too many, just was really strange layout, and felt like I was trying to create an elaborate modle ship/car/whatever in a child's size 2 shoe box!

:waaaa: I LIKE BOTH . ONLY HAVE PC, THOUGH. WISH I HAD A LAPTOP RIGHT NOW, CAUSE I HAD AN OPERATION ON MY BUTT. OUCH TO SITTING. :laugh:

I want a laptop with a docking station! lol

I'm so sick of not be able to have access to my data and my computer when I travel....

I can't wait to get the one I'm suppose to have at work.. Will be for a limited time, but I'll surely enjoy it!

Stardate:213452.4

Pc's I have had two laptops over the past year and both hav broken within a month.Then when they break they are a (I'm trying to say a bad word but can't) to fix :o

I only have a PC,and have never used a laptop....

I'm sure the laptop is convenient to have,but its so much more expensive...

I think I like my ol' desktop pc just fine. :tear:

I have a PC but if I had the cash I would by a Laptop as well, so my kids could use the PC and I have all the time on the Laptop.

I have 2 PCs and a laptop so I can definitely tell about the advantages of the PC (better for playing games) and the laptop (better for working) :force:

Well but I must say I like both. They both have their advantages and disadvantages :)

Mrs. Captain Picard