Sign in to follow this  
Jim Phaserman

Earl Grey Tea--Ever tried it?

Ever had Earl Grey Tea, Choice drink of Captain Picard?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Ever had Earl Grey Tea, Choice drink of Captain Picard?

• Yep-Liked it.
    • Yep-It was alright. not great, but alright.
    • Yep-I hate it!
    • Nope
    • What's Earl Grey Tea?
    • Jim, What are you smoking?

I have tried Earl Grey Tea. as a matter of fact, I am drinking some right now. It's pretty good, though I wouldn't substitute it for coffee in my morning routine. What say you?

Love it. Its good when I have no coffee in the morning. It is one of the strongest teas that I know of.

I've never had it, though there is some in one of the cabinets. I've been thinking about trying it.

If I wasn't a Trekkie, I wouldn't have even given it a second thought...

I was a big fan of Earl Grey tea...

I'd drink it all the time, whether it be hot or cold, though I never drunk it in a manner of “iced tea”.. I've eaten it too, but it's not all that great to do that and I wouldn't suggest it... blink:

I drink a different kind of tea now-a-days, but the same brand for much of the past year. I drink tea 24/7. B) I carry a thermos where I wander to and fro at my school, and sometimes will drink my tea in class... :)

T W I N I N G S®

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by DrWho42

OH YEA. I love it. I love tea. I drink tea all day long. "English Breakfast Tea" is similar. Gives you a real kick :)

Makes me look like this guy-->> B) B)

"English Breakfast Tea" is similar. Gives you a real kick :)

278912[/snapback]

B) That's the Twinings® brand I drink for the past weeks.. Though I think Earl Grey gives off a better smell, though tastes a bit different...

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Yes is does Doc. Have you ever tried 'Jasmine' tea? B) Smells like

perfume and tastes like perfume 'smells'. :) and NO, I have never drunk

perfume. B) OH, yes, and 'Morning Thunder', I forgot about THAT one,

WHEW!! B)

Edited by Jeanway

Of course I drink Earl Grey tea! :) I try to drink at least one cup a day. When I tried it for the first time I found it pretty horrible but I got used to it and it reminds me of Jean-Luc so I love it now B) B)

NO OFFENSE BUT I'VE TRIED EARL GREY AND TO ME IT TASTES LIKE HOT WATER MIXED WITH PEPPER.

NO OFFENSE BUT I'VE TRIED EARL GREY AND TO ME IT TASTES LIKE HOT WATER MIXED WITH PEPPER.

279002[/snapback]

Please no all caps. Try to brew it for 5 minutes. If its too strong use some sugar and/or milk.

Edited by Odie

Jim what are you smoking? no just kidding. I have never tried the earl grey tea.

I am now trying it for the first time, but I think this was a weak pot....

Ever have peppermint ginseng tea? So yummy.

I've had Earl Grey tea, and its good. In fact, I just bought some tea bags of it yesterday. I may just go brew some now. :) Hot tea on a chilly Minnesota evening. Nice. B)

Nope, I don't like hot tea. Don't like ice tea either unless it's sweet. I'll stick with coffee.

Jim, what the heck are you smoking?

278943[/snapback]

Marlboro Reds. You?

I'm not surprised that alot of people have tried it. I first tried it when my dad bought a pack of Twinings with 4 different kinds. the only kind I recognised was Earl Grey (the other three were Lady Grey, English Breakfast and Irish Breakfast I think) and I remember it was pretty good.

Jim, what the heck are you smoking?

278943[/snapback]

Marlboro Reds. You?

279095[/snapback]

Same thing. Ironically Marlboro was first marketed as a woman's cigarette. Virginia Slims was forst marketed as a man's cigarette.

When I was in college I worked in an on-campus Starbucks-type place. Even with all the coffee and espresso drinks Earl Grey tea was the drink we sold with the most caffine. No wonder Picard couldn't sleep.

I love Earl Gray Tea - both hot and iced! :thumbup:

The first time I tried I was in freshman year in college. My roommate was a big, okay BIG Patrick Stewart fan. One day I had a migraine, and I had no coffee at that time and gave me the tea. Every since than I have drink Ear Grey when every I have a headache. I also love the smell.

Yes, and I like it. My sister introduced me to it, before there even was a Captain Picard, I think. But she still accused me of liking it because Captain Picard drank it. Of course I said not so! Another opportunity for sisterly strife over non-issues connected with Star Trek. We also used to argue over who watched Star Trek first...that was also never resolved, but fun to debate about.