Have you ever seen a UFO?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever seen a UFO?

• yes,
    • yes, but never told anyone from fear of ridicule
    • no,
    • no, but I'd like to to
    • maybe,

This topic fascinates me because I believe there really is something going on. I'm not sure that it is aliens - but something is going on. I read a book about using science to analyze unidentified events. It was pretty fascinating - most cases did have some scientific explanation. The really scary one was the one suggesting the US government exposed people to radiation during some secret test flight. And I would so like to know what happened in Roswell

No, I have never seen any UFOs. I think it would be interesting to see one!

(of course I would want to have my handy tricorder with me to make sure it isn't a hoax!)

No, but I'd like to. I have some trouble believing in them, but I still really wish I could see one...

;) No, I have never seen a UFO. If I did see one I might collapse from the sheer sight of a UFO.

If I did not collapse, I would run screeming for the hills. :P :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No UFO's please. :devil:

Who voted yes?

I certainly believe in UFOs cos i've read heaps of books and seen heaps of pictures.

I voted yes but I'd like to, but I think I saw a crop circle once before though. It was in a field in the country when I was on school camp. It was really large and was circular with a strange pattern on it. AND there was a black helicopter hovering overhead about 5kms from the site. Creepy!

I voted Maybe...

This One Time...at Band Camp...I mean....this one time when I was out camping with my friends, we saw an Explosion in the Sky right above us, looked like it was high in the atmosphre...pretty impressive sight....to this day we wonder what it could have been

Anytime you see something flying in the air, anything, you cannot identify, you have seen a UFO, UNIDENTIFIED Flying Object. With that being said I will admit to having seen things flying which I could not identify. Were any of them Flying Saucers from another world? (Or this one,) I don’t know, maybe.

Guest Ktrek

I have never seen one or known anyone who was a "credible" witness to one. I think it's interesting how close of ties UFOs have to the occult and the paranormal. I think if you you really want to have a UFO experience you can probably have one but it may turn out in the end to not be at all what you expected but a deception from another realm. Just my opinion.

Ktrek

I have never seen one or known anyone who was a "credible" witness to one. I think it's interesting how close of ties UFOs have to the occult and the paranormal. I think if you you really want to have a UFO experience you can probably have one but it may turn out in the end to not be at all what you expected but a deception from another realm. Just my opinion.

Ktrek

I have to disagree - a lot of things people see that they don't understand have a scientific explanation if someone with the equipment was around to investigate it. That scientific explanation fascinates me.

One night I was walking in the woods with my dog Beryl and my friend Lenny S Donovan, when strange lights appeared between the trees. Intrigued I walked towards it, but Beryl just sat and yelped in a weird way. As I walked towards the light I realised that there was a craft of unknown origin. It had glitzy flashing multi-coloured lights and was making a humming noise. A door dropped open and I was flooded with loud disco style music. Strange creatures wearing silver lycra outfits and green hair came out and said "greetings my friend. come on board". I boarded the ship and they flew me to their planet at a speed which I could only describe as faster than light. We danced and sang happy songs and then ....all I remember is waking up naked in the woods, with Beryl licking my face and thinking "oh no. not again". Lenny S Donovan had gone as he usually had by the morning. This kind of thing would only ever happen in HIS company.....

Guest Ktrek
One night I was walking in the woods with my dog Beryl and my friend Lenny S Donovan, when strange lights appeared between the trees. Intrigued I walked towards it, but Beryl just sat and yelped in a weird way. As I walked towards the light I realised that there was a craft of unknown origin. It had glitzy flashing multi-coloured lights and was making a humming noise. A door dropped open and I was flooded with loud disco style music. Strange creatures wearing silver lycra outfits and green hair came out and said "greetings my friend. come on board". I boarded the ship and they flew me to their planet at a speed which I could only describe as faster than light. We danced and sang happy songs and then ....all I remember is waking up naked in the woods, with Beryl licking my face and thinking "oh no. not again". Lenny S Donovan had gone as he usually had by the morning. This kind of thing would only ever happen in HIS company.....

Sure! Now there's a real credible and believable story! NOT!

Ktrek

PS. Good for a laugh though! Thanks Prometheus!!!

Almost had a UFO smack me in the face once before I realized it was a baseball from a nearby feild and dodged the bugger.

Almost had a UFO smack me in the face once before I realized it was a baseball from a nearby feild and dodged the bugger.

:)

The only UFO thing I've heard that remotely sounds at all credible is the crash of 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico.

Here's a few questions:

If it was something like a weather balloon, why the cover up, why all the secrecy, and why did no one claim it?

If it was a secrect government aircraft, why didn't they announce that it was an experrimental air craft and leave it at that?

Why did the UFO phenomenon explode only after the Roswell incident, why not before?

Why did the government seize the land surrounding the crash site? If it was an experrimental space craft, why not release the land upon collection of all the debris?

There's just too many questions for this to be labeled a hoax or weather balloon. This is also the reason why I loved the tv series Roswell.

Anywho, what do you all think of this?

i have heard heaps of credible ufo stories

example - the one with betty and barney something-or-other

after their abduction, they were hypnotized (which forced them to give correct information) and then Betty gave heaps of information PLUS drew an accurate star chart of a star system somewhere. Make your own decision

CJLP, I would not presume to speculate why our government would do anything. Although I am inclined to believe Roswell had something to do with spy technology and the cold war. However, the USAF did operate a UFO investigation after that - which is probably why it has gotten so much attention.

I have read of some "sightings" that had very valid explanations. Or they seemed valid - it would take master-q or xeroc to critically read them - but the part I understood was interesting. It was also fascinating to see how they managed to prove some photos were faked.

As for actual alien abductions - I am still a non-believer. I did hear a very valid explanation for this phenomena which has to do with sleep paralysis. But there are still some unexplained details waiting for clarification.

Yes, I saw a UFO today. Out the back porch I was looking aimlessly towards the sky when a flash caught my attention in the direction of a normal flight path of planes flying at altitude. Thinking it was just a plane as normal I located it but it was not a plane. It was something, metallic and spherical and was just floating there motionless at about what seemed between 40. and 60.000 ft. (depending on the true size of the object.) I watched it for about 5 minutes and noticed during that time, no regular aircraft were in the air at all. I had to stop looking at it when my neck began to hurt, after a few minutes of resting my neck I looked again but it was gone.

Yes, I saw a UFO today. Out the back porch I was looking aimlessly towards the sky when a flash caught my attention in the direction of a normal flight path of planes flying at altitude. Thinking it was just a plane as normal I located it but it was not a plane. It was something, metallic and spherical and was just floating there motionless at about what seemed between 40. and 60.000 ft. (depending on the true size of the object.) I watched it for about 5 minutes and noticed during that time, no regular aircraft were in the air at all. I had to stop looking at it when my neck began to hurt, after a few minutes of resting my neck I looked again but it was gone.

SWEET

The only UFO thing I've heard that remotely sounds at all credible is the crash of 1947 in Roswell, New Mexico.

Here's a few questions:

If it was something like a weather balloon, why the cover up, why all the secrecy, and why did no one claim it?

If it was a secrect government aircraft, why didn't they announce that it was an experrimental air craft and leave it at that?

Why did the UFO phenomenon explode only after the Roswell incident, why not before?

Why did the government seize the land surrounding the crash site? If it was an experrimental space craft, why not release the land upon collection of all the debris?

There's just too many questions for this to be labeled a hoax or weather balloon. This is also the reason why I loved the tv series Roswell.

Anywho, what do you all think of this?

1. It could have been a secret experimental plane that they didn't want anyone to know about.

2. Some ultra-secret files are so unbelievably secret, it is even secret how secret it is!

3. Think of the incident building up - then the Roswell incident a ignition. Like throwing a match in a haystack.

4. Uh, it was SECRET! They obviously wanted to keep all the debris!

I have read of some "sightings" that had very valid explanations. Or they seemed valid - it would take master-q or xeroc to critically read them - but the part I understood was interesting.  It was also fascinating to see how they managed to prove some photos were faked.

Could you give me some links? It is, of course often impossible to tell whether something is a hoax.

One thing I have to add about this is that objects can look stationary, but actually be moving quite fast! Don't trust your eyes too much - appearences can be decieving!

One thing I have to add about this is that objects can look stationary, but actually be moving quite fast! Don't trust your eyes too much - appearences can be decieving!

I spend some time out side looking up every day, and I am very familiar with the appearance and speed of allsorts of aircraft which frequent the airspace above my house, (and I can recognize a satellite if I see one [which I see often at the right time of day])

I am not stating that the thing I saw was a spaceship from an other world, (I know, you did not say I did, but for the record.) I am only stating in my experience, it was a (stationary) flying object I can/could not identify therefore it is was a UFO

I saw something weird up in the sky a few days ago (but NO it wasn't a ufo)

There was a police helicopter, a small plane, and a bomber aircraft all in one field of view

That scared me so much because that really isn't normal. And it looked like the bomber might have been flying above the copper chopper.

Don't miss The History Channel tonight at 8:oopm The Secrets of Soviet UFO Sightings, I’ve seen this one before and it's worth it.