Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

Which series will be next in line?

Which series is next in line to be made into a movie?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which series is next in line to be made into a movie?

• Original series
    • Next Generation
    • Deep Space 9
    • Voyager
    • Enterprise
    • One where Q comes and transports them all into one timeline

Guest Ktrek

Look if Paramount wanted to introduce a new cast there are many advertising and promo gimmicks they could use to make the story successful. First off they could hire one really good semi-highdollar actor or actress. How about Vin Diesel or Halle Berry? Either one would make a cool captain and bring in s crowd outside the normal Star Trek attendees.

They could advertise the new movie like

A NEW CAPTAIN.............

A NEW CREW...............

A NEW SHIP.................

A NEW DIRECTION.............

BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!

STAR TREK - DESTINY

Ktrek

I really want to see tng again to make more of a closing, but I guess that will never happen :laugh: ....

Never say never, especially in Trek.

yes indy, you are right. We must always have a postive aditude! TNG WILL HAVE ANOTHER MOVIE! I KNOW IT WILL! IT MUST!

( hows that for my positive additude?)

"Starfleet Academy: The Continuing Voyages"

An original Fanon Anthology of unique characters and situations, from ENT period through to Voyager's "Endgame" series finale & beyond.

Look if Paramount wanted to introduce a new cast there are many advertising and promo gimmicks they could use to make the story successful. First off they could hire one really good semi-highdollar actor or actress. How about Vin Diesel or Halle Berry? Either one would make a cool captain and bring in s crowd outside the normal Star Trek attendees.

They could advertise the new movie like

A NEW CAPTAIN.............

A NEW CREW...............

A NEW SHIP.................

A NEW DIRECTION.............

BOLDLY GOING WHERE NO ONE HAS GONE BEFORE!!!!!!!!!!

STAR  TREK - DESTINY

Ktrek

If they want to do a new cast, I probably won't go to see it as it won't be the people from the tv show, so what's the point? If it has Vin Diesel or Halle Berry, then I will be done with the Trek movies. Both of them are aweful actors.

I think the next movie should be a mixed cast. It's not a Star Trek movie unless we know and love the characters. If they introduce all new characters something would be missing.

What they need to do is get away from all of the fighting. Star Trek needs to move beyond the typical who's in whose area of space and who's trying to conquer whom. It needs to be more like the first movie or the Voyage Home. I would like to see a movie about them exploring and discovering; not fighting and killing. I can turn on the news if I want to see that.

I think a DS9 movie will likely be next, but one with Q would be the one I would want to see the most!

I voted for DS9. Logically it would be next in line. But from a certain standpoint it would make since to go with a joint cast movie considering the general public may not know as much about DS9 or Voyager to be interested in the film.

quote CJLP

If it has Vin Diesel or Halle Berry, then I will be done with the Trek movies.  Both of them are aweful actors

OFF TOPIC, i know, but just quick. Vin Deisel, i like his movies, not a horrible actor, but i can see others not liking hime, BUT, HOW CAN YOU SAY HALLE BERRY, sucks. she's hot, talented, and has won an oscar for her abilities. she anything but sucks.

quote CJLP
If it has Vin Diesel or Halle Berry, then I will be done with the Trek movies.  Both of them are aweful actors

OFF TOPIC, i know, but just quick. Vin Deisel, i like his movies, not a horrible actor, but i can see others not liking hime, BUT, HOW CAN YOU SAY HALLE BERRY, sucks. she's hot, talented, and has won an oscar for her abilities. she anything but sucks.

personally i dislike some of vin deisels movies but i did like his acting in saving private ryan. that was good. also, i hate halle berry. she may be one hot mama, but i hate her acting. she seems out of place in most of her movies: x-men wasnt a role for her, die another day wasnt a role for her, and so on. i just dont like her acting. i know, i know: im in the minority. haha

anyways, with trek, im hoping a praying (ill never give up hope) that theres one last tng movie. i need it. plllllllleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeee!

"Starfleet Academy: The Continuing Voyages"

An original Fanon Anthology of unique characters and situations, from ENT period through to Voyager's "Endgame" series finale & beyond.

B) That sounds like it just might work. B)

:) Now a mixed move probably would do the trick here, and make everybody happy. I just hope they do something soon. :)

I would love to see a DS9 movie especially with my having watched a lot of the episodes recently...

i know this is an old thread, but i have to have my say - there is never a StarTrek with a plot run dry - be that as it may, NO to DS9 - i will not stand for it, and coincidentally (to quote Ms. Visitor), neither will the cast - my feeling is this: one more TNG movie ('cause it's right, and 'cause paramount let's no horse rest until it's been kicked over the cliff, or melts into glue on it's own...), and THEN ... a Voyager movie, of course - a horse is a horse, of course, of course - there is LOTS of storyline there, and, mmm-mmmph!, we need more Janeway - she and Kirk were both Admirals, who returned to their refitted ships, who both had Borg counter-parts - oops - am i getting as repetitious as Star Trek? - oops...on a serious note, whatever paramount decides to do with the movie franchise (an' we better like it...or else), they should do it Lord o'the Rings/Matrix style - buy an island, do three installments over 9 months, and SPEND SOME MONEY - there is no reason Star Trek can't take it's place amongst the cinematic masterpieces now being accomplished - come ON!!! :blink:

i know this is an old thread, but i have to have my say - there is never a StarTrek with a plot run dry - be that as it may, NO to DS9 - i will not stand for it, and coincidentally (to quote Ms. Visitor), neither will the cast - my feeling is this: one more TNG movie ('cause it's right, and 'cause paramount let's no horse rest until it's been kicked over the cliff, or melts into glue on it's own...), and THEN ... a Voyager movie, of course - a horse is a horse, of course, of course - there is LOTS of storyline there, and, mmm-mmmph!, we need more Janeway - she and Kirk were both Admirals, who returned to their refitted ships, who both had Borg counter-parts - oops - am i getting as repetitious as Star Trek? - oops...on a serious note, whatever paramount decides to do with the movie franchise (an' we better like it...or else), they should do it Lord o'the Rings/Matrix style - buy an island, do three installments over 9 months, and SPEND SOME MONEY - there is no reason Star Trek can't take it's place amongst the cinematic masterpieces now being accomplished - come ON!!! :blink:

i think your a little(way) off on the cast part. avery brooks has said he'd love to do more ds9. it is also the next logical step, voyager has no where to go now its home, that ended any storyline for what we know as voyager, beside that voyager, and janeway bombed really badly. but alas this is all a moot point, we wont know till the next one is in the making. as far as tng, they dont want to do anymore. it aint gonna happen.

i re-iterate, i was quoting Nana Visitor, in an interview near the series end - Janeway did way more than bomb; for the first time in a ST series, a woman was in charge, and it worked - for seven years, i might add - hmm, Voyager's home, so no story ... guess that means Starfleet makes ships that are meant to get lost - once found, it's dry-dock for the Intrepid-class - awright, awright, it's just an opinion (opposition?) :blink:

I think and I hope that if they do another movie, it's about all the unfinished buissness in DS9

i re-iterate, i was quoting Nana Visitor, in an interview near the series end - Janeway did way more than bomb; for the first time in a ST series, a woman was in charge, and it worked - for seven years, i might add - hmm, Voyager's home, so no story ... guess that means Starfleet makes ships that are meant to get lost - once found, it's dry-dock for the Intrepid-class - awright, awright, it's just an opinion (opposition?) :laugh:

Nice showing of emotion on your two posts. As I've said before.. i think the best bet for another movie is with a mixed cast..somewhat like Generations with TOS and TNG.."we need more Janeway - she and Kirk were both Admirals, who returned to their refitted ships, who both had Borg counter-parts" Huh..Kirk and the Borg :o I'm sure..If theyput their minds to it, that Janeway could find herself aboard DS9.

Unfortunately after 2 stinkers of films in a row (Insurrection/Nemesis),we will probably have to wait until Enterprise complete's its 7th season for a new film,which will probably feature the Ent cast and timeline.Its a possibility,anyway.

Unfortunately after 2 stinkers of films in a row (Insurrection/Nemesis),we will probably have to wait until Enterprise complete's its 7th season for a new film,which will probably feature the Ent cast and timeline.Its a possibility,anyway.

I liked Insurrection, it wasn't the best of the bunch but it was a good movie none the less.

If they don't make another movie before Enterprise ends (I'm still pulling for a DS9 movie) then I would like to see a movie with some if not all of the Enterprise crew but not in their same timeline as when the series ends. I want them to skip forward several years and begin with the forming of the Federation (I don't believe we'll see that in Enterprise due to the time frame.

I think a mixed cast with Q would be great it would give a reason so you can have people from enterprise with ds9 and voyager but you can have a new cast and people will still come to see it the new frontier books are great and have been on best seller lists the books do have action but a lot of comedy as well with some people from other treks such as shelby and dr. selar so you have old and new people and before you say the new frontier idea won't work read the books first before you say anything.

Enterprise

Season 1 - 2151-52

Season 2 - 2152-53

Season 3 - 2153-54

Season 4 - 2154-55

Season 5 - 2155-56

Season 6 - 2156-57

Season 7 - 2157-58

They'd only have to skip 2-3 years so we could see the founding of the Federation.

The founding of the Federation is in 2161, after the Romulan war. It's possible TPTB could skip 3 years but which 3 years do they skip? When this season is over and we've dealt with the Xindi that leaves 4 years left (If it goes the normal 7 seasons).

Season 1 - 2151-52 Done

Season 2 - 2152-53 Done

Season 3 - 2153-54 In Progress

Season 4 - 2154-55 They could skip this year, but not likely

Season 5 - 2155-56 The Romulan War starts in 2156

Season 6 - 2156-57 so it could be season 5 or 6 that we see it.

Season 7 - 2157-58 The Romulan War doesn't end till 2160.

If we skip years it could look like this:

Season 1 2151 - 2152

Season 2 2152 - 2153

Season 3 2153 - 2154

Season 4 2156 - 2160

Season 5 2160 - 2161

Season 6 2162 - 2163

Season 7 2163 - 2164

Or

Season 1 2151 - 2152

Season 2 2152 - 2153

Season 3 2153 - 2154

Season 4 2156 - 2158

Season 5 2158 - 2160

Season 6 2160 - 2161

Season 7 2161 - 2162

I doubt they will want to deal with the Romulan war for more then a season or 2.

They could skip years to get us to that point, but I don't think they will. Nor do I think they should. By the time of the Romulan war the NX-01 will likely have been replaced with more advanced ships since it's only an experimental ship, or at least it will need to be overhauled by then. I think they (TPTB) would really be stretching it to try to take Enterprise through the founding of the Federation.

VBG, how's this:

Season 1 - 2151-52 (seen it)

Season 2 - 2152-53 (seen it)

Season 3 - 2153-54 (current season)

Season 4 - 2154-55

Season 5 - 2155-56 (Romulan War begins)

Season 6 - 2156-57

Season 7 - 2157-58

1st ENT movie - End of Romulan War

2nd ENT movie - Founding of UFP along with a conflict

3rd ENT movie - TCW story, maybe?

Or, here's another idea...

Season 4 - 2154-55

Season 6 - 2156-58 (2 years, instead of 1)

Season 7 - 2158-60 (2 years, instead of 1 & end of Romulan War)

ENT movie - Founding of UFP along with a conflict

Mixed Cast!!!! Janeway in Voyager-A, Sisko in Defiant, Kira at DS9, Picard in ENT, Archer comes through a temporal rift!

kill off Picard and the ENT-E, destroy the Voyager and keep DS9 and ENT!

Season 4 - 2154-55

Season 6 - 2156-58 (2 years, instead of 1)

Season 7 - 2158-60 (2 years, instead of 1 & end of Romulan War)

ENT movie - Founding of UFP along with a conflict

This is actually how I was thinking they could do it but I don't think they will want to take the Romulan war through the final 3 years of the series.

But for the one below, I don't think they would end the series with the war still going on. They'd more then likely want to bring closure in the final episode and launch into a new storyline in any movie they would make.

Season 4 - 2154-55

Season 6 - 2156-57

Season 7 - 2157-58

1st ENT movie - End of Romulan War

2nd ENT movie - Founding of UFP along with a conflict

3rd ENT movie - TCW story, maybe?

I actually think they have other plans for the Founding of the Federation other then doing it on Enterprise. There is still so much to cover with the Temporal cold war and the Xindi that I wouldn't be surprised to see them slow down rather then skip years. We could see Enterprise end before the Romulan war starts if they only cover a 6 month time frame one or two seasons, we could even see an entire year "reset" if they really get into the Temporal Cold War.

I just don't think we're going to get as far in the timeline as many of us would like to. Not with Enterprise anyway. I wish they had started the series a few years later then they did, that way there wouldn't be any problem getting to the things we'd like to see.

Well, what about this?

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE

Season 4 - 2154-55

Ed the show here, then move onto a new ship, with some of the ENT cast, and tell the story of the Romulan War and the founding of the Federation. Good idea?

Personally, I'd much rather have ENT "continue" into the Romulan War, then save the founding of the Federation for the movies.

i am perfectly happy with it being the way it is, and starting where it started. i think its moving along great. im sure eventually we'll see the things you want to see.

Frankly, I don't think it will be any one series. I think It will be a Star Trek movie with charcters from several series. B)