Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Shopping

I used to enjoy shopping. But now it just annoys me. I get "shopping rage"in malls and shops and cant stand people trying to get past, queues and so forth. Recently I was sent a catelogue and it was much more fun to just flick through pages with a cup of tea and a fag and not have to go out and get taxis and stuff. Do you like to shop?

I don't go shopping much (thank god) as I often get a sort of mad rage a bit like Kirk in the episode 'The Enemy Within'.

I actually find that people are more polite in the US and Canada because when I have been there people always seem to say sorry if they knock you while going past, but in England fellow shoppers will hit you with baskets and run to get to the item that you were just about to pick up and then give you a funny look for even looking at it. Then there are the dim checkout girls/old ladies who take forever to process the person in front of you as they have to make small talk for some unknown reason, while all the time the queue gets longer and more volitile.

I hate shopping. :devil:

Shopping...depends on what store :wow:

I would NEVER under any circunstances set foot in an Abrocrombie and Fitch store. Ever. *gags at the name*

But, if there is a nice, out of the way, small, strore with strange things that you'd never see elsewhere (Rubber chicken soap!), then I'd be more than happy to go :)

I don't go shopping much (thank god) as I often get a sort of mad rage a bit like Kirk in the episode 'The Enemy Within'.

I actually find that people are  more polite in the US and Canada because when I have been there people always seem to say sorry if they knock you while going past, but in England fellow shoppers will hit you with baskets and run to get to the item that you were just about to pick up and then give you a funny look for even looking at it. Then there are the dim checkout girls/old ladies who take forever to process the person in front of you as they have to make small talk for some unknown reason, while all the time the queue gets longer and more volitile.

I hate shopping.  :devil:

I once was in a pound shop where at the till the girl (Mandy) did a price cheque on an item. Strangely enough her colleague shouted back "it's a pound for that, Mandy"... I laughed so hard! Everything in the shop was a pound! :wow:

Pound shops. Hate them most of all. When my girlfriend go's into one she spends at least £50 a time and who has to carry the lot. yes its me. DEATHto pound shops. blow them all up..... all up...allup...He he he he he he he he he he he he he he...jibber.jibber.jibber.

"see what shoping has done to me"

I love shopping for anything Trek, I can spend hour’s browsing the books and the toy’s er, I mean collectibles and I don’t mind grocery shopping but if it’s shopping for clothes and shoes, house ware’s (except electronics, that's cool) and the like, I am soooo not going.

Did somebody say shopping??!! hyper.gif I love shopping! So does my husband. How weird is that? :wow: I hate spending too much money though. I'm a great bragin shopper. ezpi_biglaugh.gif

How dare you bag shopping :wow: !! I'm sitting here with all my shopping buddies now and it's the experience which makes it enjoyable. We don't even usually buy anything (except we ALWAYS have an iced chocolate at gloria jeans)

I love shopping for anything Trek, I can spend hour’s browsing the books and the toy’s er, I mean collectibles and I don’t mind grocery shopping  but if it’s shopping for clothes and shoes, house ware’s (except electronics, that's cool) and the like, I am soooo not going.

I pretty much agree with Alterego here.

I love shopping for anything Trek, I can spend hour’s browsing the books and the toy’s er, I mean collectibles and I don’t mind grocery shopping  but if it’s shopping for clothes and shoes, house ware’s (except electronics, that's cool) and the like, I am soooo not going.

I pretty much agree with Alterego here.

Some shopping I hate, some I love. I could spend hours in an electronic stores, hardware stores (so many cool things but I'm not a DIYer), kitchen gadget places and IKEA. :wow:

I'm not a clothes or shoe buying fan as the stuff I really like I can't afford and the stuff I can afford they never have my size! :)

clothes and such i just buy when i need. but i LOVE the electronics depts, and home depot. plus i like to get stuff for the house, i've been in my house almost 4 years now, and have redone the hardwood floors, and woodwork in my dining room, living room, and guest room, refinished a bathroom, and painted a couple other rooms, i love the end product. so i dont mind doing some shopping for home goods. but the toy shopping is the best, stereo equipment, collectibles, tools, any such item, ill call it a toy when thats what it is. :innocent: whenever i go to wal mart we spend way too much money, movies especially i love my dvds. but i HATE, HATE, HATE, when the wife ALWAYS has to stop and look at clothes, "it'll only be a minute" my a** her minutes an hour to the rest of us. but when i want to look at something, 30 seconds go by and then its, "LETS GO", so i like to go by myself, do what i want, not what someone else wants.