Sign in to follow this  
lquidgrl

Narcolepsy?

No I don't, but sometimes it does take me quite a while to go to sleep. I find that the 'sheep jumping over a fence' doesn't really help me, but if you are having trouble going to sleep, just make up stories in your head and don't think about the fact you are trying to sleep :D :o :D just a bit of advice to anyone that is having trouble getting to sleep :D I hope it helps :look:

I find it very difficult to sleep, that's why i watch so much Trek. It usually relaxes me enough to eventually fall asleep.... still it was about 5 a. m this morning when i finally dropped off.

Guest Ktrek

There have been studies that show that people who spend time on computers right up to bed time have a hard time falling asleep because their brains are too active. You might try making a rule to turn off the PC one hour before bedtime and read a book, do your laundry, pray, listen to classical music or many other relaxing things before bedtime. Also, do not watch TV in bed. This is an awful place for a TV. The bedroom should be a place where you go to bed or make love but nothing else. There have been extensive studies on this as well and many doctors recommend this as one of the first changes. One of the things that has had the most signigicant effect on my sleeping patterns was not watching the late news. In fact the less news and negative input I have the better I sleep. Hope these thoughts help!

Ktrek

yeh it takes me an hour to get to sleep. i find that i think too much and it makes me kinda hypo.

I find that I will often think about disturbing things before I go to sleep, like what it would feel like when I die, if there is an afterlife and what it might feel like.

:) I sleep during the day and I am up all night. What do you call that? Just know that I was born at 11:55 PM daylight savings time. I was told that I was a night owl. Just wish I could sleep when I need to I guess! :wow:

yeh it takes me an hour to get to sleep. i find that i think too much and it makes me kinda hypo.

I find that I will often think about disturbing things before I go to sleep, like what it would feel like when I die, if there is an afterlife and what it might feel like.

That's not disturbing, that's normal. :wow:

i always make sure that i turn off the computer ages before i go to bed, but still doesn't help. even reading for an hour doesnt help a bit :wow:

Nope. I don't have a sleep disorder - but - I have found being on the computer right before bed does make it harder to go to sleep.

No I can actually sleep at any old time, but I dont have a tv in my bedroom, I practice "good sleep hygiene" I can sleep in a football stadium, or anywhere actually...lol..hope I don't catch any Zzzzz at dinner tonight.. I'm hungry :wow: he he he

Any one else around here have it?? or a sleep disorder??  :wow:

I'm currently taking a medication to deal with insomnia.

there have been MANY times in my life that i have had trouble with insomnia. sometimes i will not sleep at all of days. I'm not a nice person to be around then... :innocent:

seems like everyone has insomnia or cant sleep I have Narcolpesy and I can only sleep

:( ok I got an idea I'll give you some sleep and you give me some awake :innocent: If only it worked like that!! Well it takes all kinds they say! Suppose thats why I am here... :)

I dont have a sleeping disorder but I once drank 28 cups of coffee one right after the other and ended up not being able to sleep for 2 days. I was like super woman and my friends said that I was hyper as Heck haha

I dont have a sleeping disorder but I once drank 28 cups of coffee one right after the other and ended up not being able to sleep for 2 days.  I was like super woman and my friends said that I was hyper as Heck haha

OMG woman!!! 28 cups!?? Eyecrazy.gif

I can't sleep at the mo.

but thats because some one want's to petrol bomb my house, and I don't want to be burned alive.

It takes me hours to get to sleep...Watching TV? Doesn't help :laugh: Reading doesn't either, because instead of making me tired, I HAVE to read to the end of the chapter. Ooops, didnt realize I finished the chapter. May as well read the next one and then I'll go to bed. Oh I'm so close I may as well finish the book. And it's 4 in the morning... :laugh:

banana, you crazy, girl - i am a virgo, and fall asleep sometimes while making love - says a lot about my circumstance, does that count?

<span style='font-family:Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>banana, you crazy, girl - i am a virgo, and fall asleep sometimes while making love - says a lot about my circumstance, does that count?</span></span>

Too much info! :)

I can't fall asleep unless I read. I've tried many times in the past, but after years and years of reading before bed it's just stuck. Makes me wonder when/if I have kids weither or not I will be able to read to them without zonking out.

reading - that is SO the way - who wouldn't be lost without a bedside lamp - i was joking about the narcoleptic love-making; i WISH i had that problem...

:) A virgo...that explains it all no one else sleeps too much besides me... oh where is the narcoleptic out there...oops I'm right here..lol :cool: ahhh well I'll get more beauty rest...suckers....

out of all the bad problems the human body can have, i think narcolepsy would light-fare - okay, maybe not when driving, but i would love to have the excuse for some of the times i've conked out (extra-curricular NOT included) - lquid, are there any funny stories you have?

Yeah there are some funny stories, for sure, I fell asleep with my head out a car window once, I was trying to get some air, i felt like I was going to pass out and go nitey nite and I thought a little blast of cool fresh air may help, so I opende the window all the way and leaned my head out the window, basically my head was parralell with the mirrior. I slept like that for awhile before anyone noticed.

It can be kinda funny, but it can be embarrassing and annoying too. good thing I laugh at myself more then I get annoyed with myself :) Bieng in cars makes me sleep, so its hard to drive, so that is kinda B) and if you make me laugh too hard or too angry i lose muscle strength...have to sit, its called cataplexy, ummmmm I guess there is more to narcolpesy then just bieng tired, like sleep paralysis. I wake up sometimes and my mind will wake up before my body. So I cant move at all, I cant even open my eyes. But mentally I am fully awake. Freaky! I thought I was having Out of body expieriences! LOL. Sometimes I dream and I thought it really happened. Maybe thats why I relate to things that are "far out",in a sense I am "far out" too. All Narcolepsy is, is when you stay in dream state too long and you suffer from sleep deprivation. Weird things happen to those who suffer from sleep deprivation. You Insomniacs can relate to That!! :cool:

catoplexy - that is SO weird!!! - banana, i never knew!!! - so much for cool, although the thought of you drooling, head lolling out a car window got me some strange looks (GUFFAW!) - did you ever see Duce Bigalow? - okay, maybe that was uncalled for, but i was just asking...

I think I'm both an insomniac and a narcoleptic. Sometimes I'll go over 40 hours not being able to sleep at all and then other times even after a good nights rest I'll simply fall asleep in the middle of doing things. All things. I've fallen asleep driving, reading, talking, playing guitar, working, and even making out.

I've never been to a doctor however so as far as I know the only official sleeping disorder I have is startrekfans.net syndrom!