Sign in to follow this  
lquidgrl

Narcolepsy?

Depending on how I am feeling I tend to get a relatively normal night of sleep(from 1 am to about 7 or 7:30 am)....but when I am feeling ill I may go up to 48 hours without sleep...or sleep for 14 to 24 hours(on the 24 hours that was not all at once...close though, I was very ill last year...and probably was prescription medication induced-I was prescribed 5 different medications). But majority of the time I get a good 6 to 7 hours of sleep each night. I guess I am lucky: I don't have a TV in my room, love to read, and my room is painted in rather calming colors(one of them...my ceiling is painted to be the night sky). So it is very calming.

I often get a good 7-8 hours sleep per night, but it is impossible for me to read a book, doesn't matter what time it is, or if I already slept 10 hours, I fall asleep anyway.. Maybe I should try standing up and reading, that might work.. :bow:

No I can actually sleep at any old time, but I dont have a tv in my bedroom, I practice "good sleep hygiene" I can sleep in a football stadium, or anywhere actually...lol..hope I don't catch any Zzzzz at dinner tonight.. I'm hungry :bow: he he he

:bow:I am very famiiar with sleep disorders, manyof which can be difficult to manage, and even dangerous. I had a friend who walked in her sleep, walked outside her house and was almost hit by a car. Sleep disorders can be challenging to live with.

i once sleep walked and crawled into my cupboard and fell asleep on a gar-bag full of shoes. but i guess that's not quite the same :rolleyes:

My mom has told me about a few times that i sleep walked when I was a kid (between 6-9) but to my knowledge I haven't done it since. :rolleyes:

I am very famiiar with sleep disorders, manyof which can be difficult to manage, and even dangerous. Sleep disorders can be challenging to live with.

Yah People don't realise that it can be very dangerous. For me driving is the biggest obstacle. And finding a job I can take naps at Zzzz. ;) Trying to start a home buisness now :rolleyes: Once in awhile I am still dreaming but I don't know it I thought I woke up, and It's hard to explain, its called hypnogoic hallucinations.... sounds worse then it is... well for some people it can be bad, but I've yelled at my roomate because I thought I overheard him talking about me to someone on the phone, but as I woke up I realised it wasnt even rational what I had thought he was saying. One time I was talking to my girlfriend and I didn't realise I was falling asleep and I almost said something about her grandmas wooden teeth :) :lol: !!??!! LOL, So I just quickly excused myself and said I needed a nap, she understood... :huh: Me and my hubby joke about it, and my friends, but we also know how really serious it is, and there are alot of precautions and lifestyle adjustments we have made and make. Thank you for the understanding post Gotabite, it really is nice to know there is someone out there that can also appreciate the levity of the situation ;)