Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ CSI, Just Watching an Autopsy Here ~

Do you watch CSI? What About CSI Miami, or is that not on anymore? I don't know I didn't like it so I never watched. Now isn't there a new CSI coming on soon too?

I'm watching the CSI CSI now. CSI Miami is still on but I can never remember which night. The new one is CSI New York but I haven't seen it. Personally I'm waiting for CSI Rooster Run, or even better CSI Hog Wallow. :flowers:

They are so good, I love all of them, but new york scares me its so dark and cold and lonely while miami has this sin in paradise them to it.

Is new york city all ways dark like in CSI???

Yes it is

Its a dark lonly place where there never is sunlight and people die all the time

but we have our good days

That's just sad and I cant belive all these people want to go there.

But anyways, CSI Las vegas was not scary untill the videos at the end. *shivers* like father like sun.

Well i live there

And it has bright sunny days.Where dreams come true,where you can be anything do anything ,go anywhere. Where noone will judge you.Where you can get an education

I love it here. We have our bad days,our bad eggs.But its a vibrant metropolis also.You have to be there to understand it

They are so good, I love all of them, but new york scares me its so dark and cold and lonely while miami has this sin in paradise them to it.

Is new york city all ways dark like in CSI???

269993[/snapback]

That darkness is part of the CSI style. Have you ever noticed that a body will be discovered during the day but it's always dark and they're using those flashlights when the CSI people get to the scene. I said this in the other CSI thread but I'll repeat myself. I find the three series to be all the same. Same style, same types of stories - different names and locations. You write a script for one series it could be used in any of the three just by changing a few things.

Takara, it stands to reason the plots would be the same - using science to solve crimes. But I have to disagree about the darkness issue - the NY series is filmed in almost a monochromatic style - the buildings, the wardrobe - everything is dark - even the lead actors have dark hair.

The Miami series is very bright and colorful and has livelier music. The color issue may not seem like a big deal but it almost turned me off from NY - I like color. In other words - the aesthetic appeal of the show apart from the plot is an important factor to me. I like the scenery in Miami better than the other two series. The Miami series also has guys standing on the banks of the swamps with rifles in case an alligator shows up. :flowers:

While it's too soon to really judge NY against the other two - other differences I've noted:

The lead characters are different too - Grissom has a scientist background - he's a criminalist not a cop, Caine is a cop (as I believe is the NY lead?) I don't know if that is indicative of how these different cities organize their Crime Scene units or not.

It also seems Miami is more likely to make a political statement - such as the episode on Cuban immigration.

Grissom is more of a thinker and Caine is more a man of action. NY guy is still a mystery

Takara, it stands to reason the plots would be the same - using science to solve crimes. 

To me all three series follow the exact same formula which in the long run will hurt the franchise. Other than location there is nothing that really distinguishes one series from another.

In comparison, you can find as many differences than similarities between the different series in the Star Trek franchise and the Law & Order franchise. I just don't see those differences in the CSI franchise. But that's just my opinion.

Nielsen Ratings   

Reported on: October 6, 2004

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

CSI: Miami

Two and a Half Men

Desperate Housewives

CSI: NY

Survivor: Vanuatu

NFL Monday Showcase

NFL Monday Night Football: Dallas at Washington

Lost

Everybody Loves Raymond

From MSN

Apparently ratings are doing okay - CSI:NY topped out Law & Order - the powerhouse drama - actually that's kind of sad - I love L & O.

Takara, it stands to reason the plots would be the same - using science to solve crimes. 

To me all three series follow the exact same formula which in the long run will hurt the franchise. Other than location there is nothing that really distinguishes one series from another.

In comparison, you can find as many differences than similarities between the different series in the Star Trek franchise and the Law & Order franchise. I just don't see those differences in the CSI franchise. But that's just my opinion.

270261[/snapback]

I've only seen CSI and CSI Miami. But it was obvious to me that THING with Horatio, I didn't like it. Or how they used only the sexiest women as investigators. Their low, breathy speech made my skin crawl but I'm sure that's why alot of guys watch the show. women don't REALLY talk that way at work, do they? Now on CSI Helkenberg, well, she used to be a "Lady of the Evening' but she has changed her ways. There are alot of refrences to her past life but I think that keeping that as a sub-plot is better for the show. It gives her credibility when she's dealing with low-life characters, but it does sort of make her look like a "Tough-Cookie", I like that. Also I think the overlapping story lines compliment each other. Yea, there are alot of similarities in the two shows.

No Rk..Real life murder investiations are rather boring..

(I get this from some old proffessors who were on the "job")

what I mean in real life lets say you find out that bob got stabed to death, well you are going to find out that sooner or later somebody else is going to be stabed to death so you cant expect CSI not to start having the same cause of death for the victims.

Tina now im confussed thanks alot LOL

My pleasure

But suficiet to say,CSIs do have thier work cut out for them. I doubt that in a city like NY of several million people.There is just a couple of people working on the cases