Sign in to follow this  
Jeanway

~ BUGS ~

:flowers: LOL! :naughty: Funny picture! :flowers: :borgqueen:

:flowers:

Edited by 3 of 7

Worlds Smallest Insect..... The "feather-winged" beetles and the "battledore-wing fairy flies" are smaller than some species of protozoa (single cell creatures).

Most Legs..... A centipede in southern Europe has 177 PAIRS of legs!

Air temperature in degrees Fahrenheit can be calculated by adding 40 to the number of calls a tree cricket makes in 13 seconds.

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.

Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.

Well know you know. :flowers:

What about this one? :flowers:

natali_bug3.jpg

Edited by Odie

Hilarious pictures, all of you. *feels upset that she STILL does not have a digital camera* The bug facts were interesting too, Fenriz. You know, I actually do not mind some bugs... but not the gigantic ones, thanks. :flowers:

I've had this guy bothering me here for 2 days now :flowers:

post-897-1097249158.jpg

post-897-1097249130.jpg

Edited by Jeanway

Has anyone ever seen one of these. You can find them here in the summer in the woods if you have sharp eyes. They're very hard to spot. I've always thought they were cool. They really do look like sticks.

m-dentricus1.jpg

Yes I have. They ARE cool. Their name fits them, "Walking Sticks" :biggrin:

post-897-1097270680.gifOH Odie!!! :laugh: That's mine too :biggrin: Edited by Jeanway

If anyone has a rose garden lady bugs are your best friend. :biggrin: Ladybugs clean out Aphids, Thrip and Spider mites from the rose buds. It is the best natural pest control.

left.h1.jpg

Edited by Odie

Another nickname I have for Jem is Bug. :rolleyes: She's starting to outgrow it. :hug: That's happened before though; her first nick was Boo, she outgrew that a looooong time ago but now I'm rambling. :laugh:

Ok lets try this... Beware of this little creep>>>brreclus.gif

It's called Brown Recluse. They like to come indoors during the cooler times of the year.

An infected bite:

Click For Spoiler

Where they live:

2061_map.gif

Facts and First aid

B) When I was little I got bit on my big toe by one of these things and my toe has been numb eversince. :)

I get these in my house a lot. Especially this time of year when it gets cold. Someone told me once that they're good luck so I leave them alone B) Can't blame them really, I go inside when it gets cold too. :)

Click For Spoiler
post-691-1100020544.jpg
Click For Spoiler
Edited by fenriz275

I love bugs!! (not to be confused with arachnids) I even have a bug collection rotting in my closet.... I especially like scaring people w/ them, like my sister. three days ago i threw a worm(i know not a bug) on this guy and he freaked out, it was really funny

I have one of these little guys, centipede, living in my bathroom for the past 2 years. He's really cute and they don't bite. I talk to him sometimes :unsure: when I see him but he's more afraid of me than I am of him. I think he lives in the bathtub drain.

post-897-1100237678.jpg