Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Enterprise-E VS Voyager

U.S.S. Voyager NCC-74656

IntripidAnti.gif

U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701-E

SovereignAnti.gif

See the uncanny similarities? Voyager was allready in it's 3rd season when the Enterprise-E showed up on the big screen for the first time. What do you all think?

In Trek-terms, I'd like to think of the Sovereign-class as a larger version of the Intrepid-class. In reallity-terms, I think it's just a bazzar coincidence in terms of how much they have in common. :look:

I read an artical just after first contact was released the designer of the enterprise E said that he had not seen pictures of voyager. He said that he just wanted to make it look faster than the D

i read somewhere that utopia planetia changed theyre design style because of that warp -space-time tears in the universe....so all the new ships have a new type of warp field geometry meaning that all the new ships would have to be more streamlined and so on and so forth

Well, I'm not talking about the ship being streamlined. Here's some examples.

Both ships have an oval-shaped saucer, long ways.

Both ships have the saucer directly attached to the engineering hull.

Both ships have small bussard collectors which have openings on both upper-sides.

Both ships have an aft shuttlebay.

Both ships have 2 shuttlebays. (Voyager's 2nd shuttlebay is inside the ship, behind shuttlebay 1)

These are just a few examples. Now see what I mean by similarities that just kinda happened unintentioanlly? Can you find any?

Well, I'm not talking about the ship being streamlined.  Here's some examples.

Both ships have an oval-shaped saucer, long ways.

Both ships have the saucer directly attached to the engineering hull.

Both ships have small bussard collectors which have openings on both upper-sides.

Both ships have an aft shuttlebay.

Both ships have 2 shuttlebays.  (Voyager's 2nd shuttlebay is inside the ship, behind shuttlebay 1)

These are just a few examples.  Now see what I mean by similarities that just kinda happened unintentioanlly?  Can you find any?

I think that you are straining yourself too much here to bring attention to something which isnt really there. Yes they have all those things in common but then all Federation ships before that had similarities anyway. Suely the fact that they have similarity is related to the fact that they are following the same trends in design lineage for that time? I mean I notice cars now all have their tail light up high like with the Ford Focus. But soon another design trend will come into play and all cars will follow that trend. Id say that Voyager and the Enterpise E are just following a design trend of their time...

I think that you are straining yourself too much here to bring attention to something which isnt really there. Yes they have all those things in common but then all Federation ships before that had similarities anyway. Suely the fact that they have similarity is related to the fact that they are following the same trends in design lineage for that time? I mean I notice cars now all have their tail light up high like with the Ford Focus. But soon another design trend will come into play and all cars will follow that trend. Id say that Voyager and the Enterpise E are just following a design trend of their time...

I agree. There are so many different classes of ships but to some who are not as versed in that area a lot of them look the same.

I agree. There are so many different classes of ships but to some who are not as versed in that area a lot of them look the same.

I am well versed in the ship classes and it's not that these 2 ships look the same. My point is, they share a LOT of minute details, and the designer didn't even know what Voyager looked like! My point is, it's just wierd how they ended up looking alike.

Like the ramscoops, shuttlebay in the rear, both ships have only 2 impulse engines, both ships have a "deck 2 messhall", both ships have an airlock near the bridge, and so on.

I'm not saying "they look alike" as they don't, I just think they have a lot in common.

Yes well, hmmmm. Very interesting. What was that line....? Trust a Vulcan to point out the obvious?

Yes well, hmmmm. Very interesting. What was that line....? Trust a Vulcan to point out the obvious?

Agreed...A person can talk themselves into finding similarities in anything. Lets see. I have two eyes, two ears, teeth, hair, a nose, a stomach, a tongue, and a heart.....Wow, I am very similar to a dog. Get my drift.Laugh%20on%20own.gif

I wouldn't say that they have any more in common then the Enterprise D did to the Enterprise A. They are both Federation Starships, so of course they are going to look a lot alike. I think the Enterprise-E is pretty cool but over all I wasn't a big fan of the way Voyager looked. It was neat how stream line it looked, but from some angles it just seemed really akward.

Well, I was speaking in the sense that supposedly, John Eaves, the designer of the Ent-E, had never seen Voyager. With that said, don't you think the similarities are strikingly similar when the designer never saw the Voyager model?

Agreed...A person can talk themselves into finding similarities in anything. Lets see. I have two eyes, two ears, teeth, hair, a nose, a stomach, a tongue, and a heart.....Wow, I am very similar to a dog. Get my drift.Laugh%20on%20own.gif

ha! yea both ships were built by the same people..Of course they will look alike..Every year car companies make new cars..and they alwys look similar to the old models but with little changes..same can be said for star ships.

ha! yea both ships were built by the same people..Of course they will look alike..Every year car companies make new cars..and they alwys look similar to the old models but with little changes..same can be said for star ships.

Very true. Great example. They all need the same components so they will naturally have similarities.

The guy who built the Enterprise E may not have seen Voyager but he had to have known what a star ship would look like in order to design one in keeping with 'the look' that they all have. There are as many differences as similarities between it and Voyager.

Thread%20Dumb.jpg

ROFLMAO....That is hilarious. Almost fell out of my chair laughing. Got to stop reading the boards when I am on calls a work. :) B) B) :)