Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Kirk

Things that should be included or discarded.

Enterprise is show that still has room to grow and improve but at this point I think it can either continue to improve or end.

Plotlines that should be dropped.

Tripp/T'pol: I think this is one of the worst subplot ideas that I've seen in Star Trek. The physical relationship is completely inappropriate and I think it hurts the show overall. I had hoped it would have been dropped by the 4th season but recent reports don't indicate this. Btw if T'Pol joins Star Fleet I think the show may lose a few more fans.

Temporal coldwar: I'm honestly tired of all the time travel. I don't mind a little time travel but to have a whole ongoing story arc centered around it is a bit much, I hope it is concluded soon.

Klingons: I like the Klingons but I think they should be used more sparingly.

Suliban. Please.... No more

Plotlines that should be added (imo)

I would like to see more interaction with the Tellarites. I would also like to see Gorns, Orions and a Romulan vessel minus the cloaking device. Maybe we should go deeper into Vulcan society? Or amaybe... perhaps they should get back to exporing the galaxy.

T'Pols drug use: T'Pol through her actions got several people killed and should not be 2nd in command of the ship. Her actions should be revealed in some way and she should face punishment. Phlox should face some consequences for covering it up also. You have noticed that I'm not a T'Pol fan... Maybe her character should... expire.

What are your opinions?

Edited by Admiral Kirk

Well, :laugh: Since you asked. :clap: I am sick and tired of all this T'Pol bashing. Her problem with Trellium D was NOT her fault. It was an unforseen occupational hazard. It's not like SHE planned it. Cut her some lack will you, nobody's perfect. How many other episodes have taken place where an interim Commander lost some crew in a crisis?? I don't see you mentioning them.

And what's wrong with a little romance on the ship? So what!! :lol: I'm sure it's possible, but then again I live in LaLa Land. :clap:

I think the temporal ColdWar will always be with us. It helps the writers fix things during impossible situations.

Klingons aren't around that much, so how much less of them can you see?

Sulibon???? I think they were in one episode the first Season. Then very sparingly there after.

Edited by mj

I don't understand all of the T'Pol bashing myself. I think sometimes if I read another complaint about her addiction to Trellium D one more time I'll shove a fork in my eye. I don't think we've seen all of the fallout from that situation yet. It is an ongoing plotline, I'm willing to wait and see how it plays out before I take a number at the complaint department.

I'd like to see a little more of the Klingons, and Romulans for that matter. We know that the first contact between the Federation and the Klingons went very badly but is Archer's contact with the Klingons what they're referring to or is it an event that hasn't happened yet since the Federation hasn't been founded yet?

I like the Sulibon but I don't think we'll see anymore of them after the Temporal Cold War plotline is finished which I've read it will be this coming season. I like the Temporal Cold War storyline but I do wish we'd have been given a few more hints as to the indentities of some of the factions. I think they've been keeping it too vague for too long.

I do agree that I'd like to see some more episodes that give us a glimpse of some of the other races in the Alpha Quadrant like the Tellarites, and the Gorn, and other races that we're familiar with from the other Trek series.

I do agree that I'd like to see some more episodes that give us a glimpse of some of the other races in the Alpha Quadrant like the Tellarites, and the Gorn, and other races that we're familiar with from the other Trek series.

268177[/snapback]

You Have Got to be kidding me, Fen. You know how many species are in the Voth site already!!!! Look at the "Fine Cars" Thread we did together. Only a handful of people in there ever heard of most of them. AND the ones who played had a really hard time saying Anything about the Species already in existence. And you want MORE??? :laugh: Wasn't Gorn that guy in Quark's bar that died? maybe I'm misunderstanding this. :clap:

Ahem Disgarded T'pol

I think that the whole Soong's great great grandfather idea was a great idea..On the other hand..I hope they don't milk it to nausueam by adding Shatner as Kirks father (ok that one i will check out)..but other than that not to strech a plot line or a story arc farther than a season or two..

Adding some character profiling episodes of the main characters..(more than one per season) ..I like Hoshi and Merriwheater..Add some more them time

Since T'pol's drug problem is an ongoing storyline, members should feel free to comment on it, positively or negatively as they see fit. Members also have the right, if they are not interested in the discussion, to not take part.

But please refrain from personal remarks directed at another member, suggesting that the member has a problem for holding a strong opinion. Such remarks will be edited.

What I would like to see added: more interaction of the crew with each other.

I agree with Tina: more Hoshi and Mayweather.

I agree with Admiral Kirk---end the Trip/T'pol romance, and allow some consequence for the T'pol's drug use. ( I wonder if T'pol, with her drug problem, was the conductor of a train that crashed and took the lives of innocent passengers whether there would be any confusion about her being responsible, no matter how her addiction began. She knew she was impaired.)

I would also like to see some of the other founding races of the Federation, either in first contact-type situations, or just meeting through introductions from the Vulcans or Andorians....more setting up of the Federation.

Tripp/T'pol: I think this is one of the worst subplot ideas that I've seen in Star Trek.  The physical relationship is  completely inappropriate and I think it hurts the show overall. I had hoped it would have been dropped by the 4th season but recent reports don't indicate this. Btw if T'Pol joins Star Fleet  I think the show may lose a few more fans.

This is one thing that I agree with, it should go.

Temporal coldwar: I'm honestly tired of all the time travel. I don't mind a little time travel but to have a whole ongoing story arc centered around it is a bit much, I hope it is concluded soon.

It is, the season 4 premiere reportedly wraps up the arc.

Klingons: I like the Klingons but  I think they should be used more sparingly.

The Klingons are there, I believe so that the Organian Peace Treaty (pre-TOS?) actually can take place, the Klingons are peeved at humans because of Archer, hence leading to a possible war.

The season four openers see the end of the Suliban too.

I would like to see more interaction with the Tellarites. I would also like to see Gorns, Orions and a Romulan vessel minus the cloaking device.  Maybe we should go deeper into Vulcan society?  Or amaybe... perhaps they should get back to exporing the galaxy.

Romulans maybe not until TOS....

others, maybe..

T'Pols drug use:  T'Pol through her actions got several people killed and should not be 2nd in command of the ship. Her actions should be revealed in some way and she should face punishment. Phlox should face some consequences for  covering it up also.  You have noticed that I'm not a T'Pol fan... Maybe her character should... expire.

T'Pol is on Enterprise for the same reason that 7 of 9 joined Voyager, sex appeal. She stays, also i think occ health and saftey need to review the Trellium-D usage.

How can anybody not like the Trip and T'Pol plotline?

I like the story line. I know we all don't want Enterprise turn into a well you know what kind of show, but as long as it has this relationship, it will spice up the things a bit.

Tripp/T'pol: I think this is one of the worst subplot ideas that I've seen in Star Trek.  The physical relationship is  completely inappropriate and I think it hurts the show overall. I had hoped it would have been dropped by the 4th season but recent reports don't indicate this.

Klingons: I like the Klingons but I think they should be used more sparingly.

I would like to see  more interaction with the Tellarites. I would also like to see Gorns, Orions and a Romulan vessel minus the cloaking device.  Maybe we should go deeper into Vulcan society?  Or amaybe... perhaps they should get back to exporing the galaxy.

T'Pols drug use:  T'Pol through her actions got several people killed and should not be 2nd in command of the ship. Her actions should be revealed in some way and she should face punishment. Phlox should face some consequences for  covering it up also.  You have noticed that I'm not a T'Pol fan... Maybe her character should... expire.

What are your opinions?

268146[/snapback]

On the issue of the Trip/T'Pol relationship, i think it never should've happened myself. Why? Because, in the first season they focused more on there being a relationship between T'Pol and ARCHER, not T'Pol and Trip, it seems like they droped a more likely connection for 1 less likely (Archer is closer to T'Pol's age then Trip is, heck, Trip wasn't even born when T'Pol and Archer met!!).

The TCW issue? Well, i'd like to at the very least know who/what future guy is. Besides, the Suliban haven't been THAT prevalent in the episodes, but a lack of good writing about them has :lol:.

As per the issue of the Klingons, i'm GLAD they've been used in the series like they have. The show actually recognizes the likelyhood of a klingon vessel encountering Terrans in a way i'd expect (almost), and i think if Enterprise or another ship was out exploring there would've been a conflict long before 2219 :laugh:.

They're going to have Orions in this new season of Enterprise so cool your jets!! :clap:

Now the Gorn, they were an unknown until Kirk met that one in TOS, so we can't go there until maybe a Star Trek: Excelsior series is born. The Tellarites are bound to reappear in a bigger way also, and i think we will see more on the vulcans (perhaps we'll get to see that ship that only appeared as a holo-image in an earlier season?) As far as the Romulan Cloaking thing goes, i think you should check this webpage out: http://www.starfleetcom.net/misc6.htm .

Now, lighten up on the T'Pol drug issue, i'm sure she's going to get thrown in the brig for a while as punishment (that or she'll be scrubbing the warp conduits, or both :clap: ).

Another thing i'd like to see is that they drop these stupid "photonic torpedoes." i mean sheesh, just a few episodes prior Hoshi finds info mentioning photon torpedoes and the best the writers can come up with as name for the new torpedoes is "photonic"?!!! They need to bring back the original weapons and give a reason like "we had to drop them because they are excessively draining on resources, resources we no longer need to waste since we've solved the xindi issue." Besides, they can come up with a new torpedoe design for the spatial torpedoes, one that is supposed to increase the yield in some way that doesn't use up materials like the "photonic" ones do.

Edited by scaleman

If they put T'Pol and Archer back together I, ENT's most ardent fan, will abandon it. In her latest Dreamwatch interview, Jolene expressed some real praise for the first time about how Manny is allowing Trip and T'Pol to relate to each other. Why does everyone get so bunged up about a Vulcan having a relationship?

Hello?

SAREK.

If they put T'Pol and Archer back together I, ENT's most ardent fan, will abandon it.   In her latest Dreamwatch interview, Jolene expressed some real praise for the first time about how Manny is allowing Trip and T'Pol to relate to each other.  Why does everyone get so bunged up about a Vulcan having a relationship?

Hello?

SAREK.

268471[/snapback]

I doubt Sarek's relatioship with his wife began under anything as contrived as a drug problem created to justify uninhibited emotions.

You just commented that if T'pol and Archer were put back together, you would abandon Enterprise. So just as you do not like that pairing, and the illogic of say, breaking up Trip and T'pol to form Archer/T'pol, you should understand that some others might not like the poor way the relationship was developed between Trip and T'pol. Just as you would not enjoy an Archer/T'pol relationship, others do not enjoy the Trip/T'pol relationship. And since others have taken time to explain the various aspects of the relationship that they dislike, it is an oversimplification to act like the only thing bothering the many who expressed dislike of the relationship is that a Vulcan is involved.

As mj said, there's more to it then "just" me not liking the Trip/T'Pol relationship. In truth, i have pretty much no problem with the concept, but i find it rather sad that they trade a relationship of Archer/T'Pol with one where it's Trip/T'pol, which seems to be done more for purely sexual (thus men and ratings grabing) reasons then anything else.

Prior to the Trip/T'Pol relationship, there was one where there was a clear connection between Archer and T'Pol, and a great possibility of those 2 becoming closer (to such a point like that shown in the "alternate future" episode where T'Pol is captain of the Enterprise.

But suddenly it was as if this connection didn't exist and the last several years was just a dream, which is something i REALLY don't care much for, and is the reason i wish they never even went in the direction of Trip and T'Pol having a relationship.

Again, i'm against a Trip/T'Pol relationship not because i hate it, but because it ignores so much established earlier in Enterprise.

Archer and T'Pol were never going to have a relationship. They're just friends. Twilight never really happened. Aside from that, there was nothing between them. They were no more in love than Trip and Archer were in love.

It was Trip and T'Pol who connected first in "Breaking the Ice." The writers abandoned that palpable chemistry to pursue the dull T'Pol/Archer I don't know what it was. Scott is old enough to be Jolene's father. What were they thinking? :laugh:

Edited by MoulinRouge

Tripp/T'pol: I think this is one of the worst subplot ideas that I've seen in Star Trek.  The physical relationship is  completely inappropriate and I think it hurts the show overall. I had hoped it would have been dropped by the 4th season but recent reports don't indicate this. Btw if T'Pol joins Star Fleet  I think the show may lose a few more fans.

I don't mind the Trip/T'Pol thing, Human and Vulcan relationships have to start somewhere. T'Pol should not join SF.

I like it but the time to end it has come*, we need more connecting tissue to the later series and hopefully Manny Cotto (SP?) will deliver it this year.

Klingons: I like the Klingons but  I think they should be  used more sparingly.

I don't get this, what's wrong with Klingons? I like the connection ENT made to the Durass family.

*^ see above.

I would like to see  more interaction with the Tellarites. I would also like to see Gorns, Orions and a Romulan vessel minus the cloaking device.  Maybe we should go deeper into Vulcan society?  Or amaybe... perhaps they should get back to exporing the galaxy.

Agreed except for the Gorn.

What are your opinions?

268146[/snapback]

The T'Pol drug thing is an un-resolved arc, I don't understand why some people think we've seen the last of it. She get hers and I'll be there to see it when she does.