Sign in to follow this  
Valeris

Blah, Blah, Blah

Any of you have that problem where tactfulness seemed to pass you by? Anyone ever say something you seriously regretted, when had you just thought, you would have said it more tactfully or not said it at all? I know that I have the "bluntness disease" and it manifests itself in some way every day. Any ideas about how to cure this thing?

The first day I meet a girl at high school, her dad owns a car shop so I am just kiding and I say "hey what would you do if I put a car bomb in one of your dads cars so when he opens the door to show it to people he gets blown up" Well she hates me and wont talk to me that often

That's called putting your foot in your mouth. I used to do it often. The best thing to do is weigh out your repsonse before giving it. Even if it means pausing a few moments before you speak.

That's so funny V. I was just thinking about this the other day. :b-day: I think over time you learn how sensitive people are. We all have to learn this. Just think about how it would sound if someone said that very same thing to you, before you say it. But then again V, there are people who take whatever you say the wrong way. I don't mean 'you', I mean they take what 'anyone' says the wrong way. That has to do with thier own experiences and perceptions, YOU can't help that.

ive said some pretty insenstitive things to friends in the past without knowing that it offended them. i apologised to them and theyre still my friend now. as they knew i didnt mean it *phew*

Sometimes you can actually see the words as they come out of your mouth, this gives you just enough time to think,

"Aw Crap." Then your brain says to your mouth,

"You idiot! Why did you say that for?" And your mouth always acts ignorant.

"Say what? I was just expressing myself."

"That's it. I'm coming down there and kicking your a**!"

Sometimes you can actually see the words as they come out of your mouth, this gives you just enough time to think,

"Aw Crap." Then your brain says to your mouth,

"You idiot! Why did you say that for?" And your mouth always acts ignorant.

"Say what? I was just expressing myself."

"That's it. I'm coming down there and kicking your a**!"

267222[/snapback]

Lol :b-day:

Uck I know how you all feel. I get this problem in the morning and very late at night when my brain is kinda mushy.....I don't realize it half the time either and I always feel bad about it afterward too and end up tracking down the person to appologize about a million times before taking a breath.

You should see me. Blunt with statistics. Period. I give fact. It drives away people.